INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMAPA Website

5 posters

Go down

SIMAPA Website Empty SIMAPA Website

Post by sm1mex Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:44 am

Website to check 2024 water amount pesos

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

SIMAPA Website Empty Re: SIMAPA Website

Post by mudgirl Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:14 am

It took me all of 5 seconds to Google "Simapa Chapala" and come up with https://www.simapa.gob.mx/

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:56 am

Thanks. I googled that and there is an email to send for your receipt for your payment on line but iI could not find an option to look up what is due for 2024. 😕

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:09 pm

You have to phone in to find out what the amount is for 2024... then you can proceed to the next stage. Honestly, I find it easier to walk in and out in 15 minutes with my paid receipt in hand.
I am also going to pay my house taxes and car tax the same way. Take the old one in, pay and walk out with receipt. Not totally happy with the online experience here.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:26 pm

That’s what we do but it’s like a box of chocolates. Never know how many pesos to take. Just take more!!

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:32 pm

I wish it only took 15 minutes in and out to pay my predial here in Bahia de Banderas. There is only one place to pay it, they have never gotten their website properly functional- you have to go to the Soriana complex in Bucerias, where they have a window in the lobby area, at 7:30 am, get a number, and wait for hours for your turn.
It isn't worth it to me to pay in January for the 60-70 peso discount I'd get, so I just pay in Feb. when there's no line-up.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:34 pm

It's worked out pretty well if I take 10% more but it's usually less than that. I most definitely don't pay online for house taxes because I want to see the bill first... it's very interesting how the size of my house changes from year to year when I haven't done anything. Once you've paid online, it's almost impossible to get the money back. However, you can question an increase in size on the spot and they will adjust accordingly on the spot.
Mudgirl, yes, it was always a p.i.t.a. to pay the predial in Nayarit... they kept changing locations on a regular basis. I believe that the discount here is the same for both January and February. No brainer to wait until Feb.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:49 pm

ferret wrote:You have to phone in to find out what the amount is for 2024... then you can proceed to the next stage. Honestly, I find it easier to walk in and out in 15 minutes with my paid receipt in hand.
I am also going to pay my house taxes and car tax the same way. Take the old one in, pay and walk out with receipt. Not totally happy with the online experience here.

sm1mex wrote:That’s what we do  but it’s like a box of chocolates. Never know how many pesos to take. Just take more!!

Both the Chapala Predial office and the SIMAPA office in Ajijic take my US credit card.  Last year (the first time I tried to use my cc for the water bill), SIMAPA added 3% to it, but that add-on seems to have been successfully challenged here....even El Torito has stopped adding a surcharge after years of doing so.  The Predial office hasn't had a surcharge since I started charging it a few years ago.  

On the car tax, I prefer on-line as the parking near the office in Chapala can be difficult.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:03 pm

For the office on Degollado (car tax), I turn right at the lights in Chapala and follow the boardwalk and turn left onto the street that runs parallel to Parque Cristiania. Go up to the bottom of Degollado, park (LOTS of parking) adjacent to the park and walk the half block to the office.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:07 pm

"Mudgirl, yes, it was always a p.i.t.a. to pay the predial in Nayarit... they kept changing locations on a regular basis."

Exactly. We used to pay it at an office in Bucerias down near the beach. Then about 8 years ago they had a small office in Sayulita. That lasted for about 2 years. Then you could pay it at the water office in Sayulita- that happened only one year. 2 years ago there was the line-up at Soriana, but also an office at the north end of Bucerias. The last year, only the Soriana location. Who knows for this year.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:59 pm

Our property tax same as 2023. 🤗. Car tag went up a little bit. ☺

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:02 pm

sm1mex wrote:That’s what we do  but it’s like a box of chocolates. Never know how many pesos to take. Just take more!!

Pay with a debit card or via money transfer and this way you do not have to know how much you have to bring.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:13 pm

Paid a few minutes ago at Ajijic SIMAPA. Same as last year. In and out in 5 minutes.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:24 pm

Paid SIMAPA yesterday in Ajijic a little after noon. No line. Cost same as last year.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down