INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I find small glass hummingbirds please?

2 posters

Go down

Where can I find small glass hummingbirds  please? Empty Where can I find small glass hummingbirds please?

Post by Claratheo Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:22 pm

Hola everyone!

I bought a few of these a few years ago in a downtown Guadalajara small gift shop.

I haven't seen these in any Ajijic shops but maybe I just didn't notice.

Do I need to go to Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque or Tonala?

I appreciate anyone's help!

Claratheo

Back to top Go down

Where can I find small glass hummingbirds  please? Empty Re: Where can I find small glass hummingbirds please?

Post by ferret Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:26 pm

I would suggest Tlaquepaque and, if you find them, please let me know where. Thanks!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where can I find small glass hummingbirds  please? Empty Re: Where can I find small glass hummingbirds please?

Post by Claratheo Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:03 pm

I'll try to make a trip to Tlaquepaque the next two weeks and will certainly let you know. Thank you!

Claratheo

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:45 am

I have made the assumption that you're looking for hand blown glass (vidrio soplado)? If so, then the following article may be of interest. https://iseb.com.mx/tlaquepaque-and-tonala/
OR you can let your fingers do the walking and find them on Mercado Libre...
https://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/colibries-de-vidrio-soplado_Desde_97_NoIndex_True
There are three pages and the best ones are on page 3 (which is the one that the above link opens)
The feeders are fabulous too and I let my imagination rip... a feeder hanging with various colourful glass hummingbirds suspended around it.
It would appear that most of the blown glass stores (that have websites) in both Tonala and Tlaquepaque sell mostly glasses, vases etc.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Claratheo Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:55 am

Thanks for the links! Here are photos of the hummingbirds I bought.

Claratheo

Back to top Go down

Post by Claratheo Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:43 am

Good morning Ferret,

I bought 15 various sizes glass hummingbirds at Rosy's. She is 2 doors south from Fiaga on the same side. They are 40 - 80 pesos each.

Another shop on Constitución sells them for 250 pesos each.

Claratheo

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:38 am

Thank you!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down