INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beto's Shack in Ajijic

2 posters

Go down

Beto's Shack in Ajijic Empty Beto's Shack in Ajijic

Post by BisbeeGal Mon May 27, 2024 5:11 pm

Who goes to a burger joint and doesn't order a burger?!?!?!  Me.

Months ago I had Beto's version of the crispy Popeye's chicken sandwich and it's great and true to the Popeye's one I had in the US.  

Today I walked over and got their Cuban sandwich.  It's not the sandwich of everyone's dream but when I lived near Tampa I ate a lot of them and Beto's is very good.  His is the traditional version: ham, cheese, roasted pulled pork, mustard and pickles on a pressed roll.  A little pickle-forward for me, but that's an easy fix as you eat it.  I find Mexican dill chips too acidic and salty everywhere they're served here, as well as the ones I buy in jars.  

Beto's onion rings are fabulously light and crispy.  Very big but surprisingly light in weight and density; low grease factor.  His burgers and sandwiches come with french fries; but you can swap out his fries for onion rings at a small upcharge (20p or 30p, can't remember which).  

The pulled pork that was on the sandwich was excellent and next time I may opt for Beto's pulled pork sandwich.

Beto advertises that his burgers are similar to those at the In N Out Burger chain in US and since his version of the Popeye's sandwich was on-point I would guess his burgers are too.  

The Cubano was 140p which includes french fries.  I had a coca lite that came in a glass bottle; much better tasting than the canned ones I buy at stores.  

He's on Zaragoza in Ajijic, just east of Calle Francisco Villa.  

Beto's Shack in Ajijic Beto11
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, ferret, RickS and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Beto's Shack in Ajijic Empty Re: Beto's Shack in Ajijic

Post by Halfglass Tue May 28, 2024 8:37 am

My wife and I go there often I am stuck on the Cubano sandwich. My wife orders the regular burger with curly fries.
Both are top notch for the price. We try to go there once a week. One of our favorite places to dine.
Halfglass
Halfglass
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down