INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look out E-Bay

+6
SnowDaddy
Mainecoons
Parker
casi nada
bobnliz
CanuckBob
10 posters

Go down

Look out E-Bay Empty Look out E-Bay

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:09 am

Check out this new auction site........

http://www.quibids.com/landing/index.php?c=ca&mb=cs&sub=s_b4_4-e5

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Look out E-Bay Empty Re: Look out E-Bay

Post by bobnliz Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:04 am

Well now, that is interesting.... curious to see where this goes. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:10 am

Buyer beware: This from an unhappy customer

Quibids is a scam company that is deceitful and lying! They claim that it is free to join, but then they charge your credit card $60 (which IS NOT FREE). Then when you purchase bids they either give you voucher or real bids, but they don't tell you which ones you can use. That means if you lose an auction (which you probably will) you'll end up losing another $30 and you won't even be able to get a discount buying the product.
I was bidding on an iPad from the start and was in a bidding war (maybe it was against a bot, or an employee, or maybe it was a real person, I don't know), and everything was fine until right at the very end I was outbidded and then the timer automatically went from 5 seconds to 0 seconds. I had spend $180 bidding and quibids ended the auction without even giving me a chance to bid higher. After losing the auction for an iPad they offered a Buy It Now option to pay $500 for an iPad. Since I already lost $180 in that auction (yes, you can lose $100s of dollars even if you aren't the winner of the auction) I decided to buy it; only to find out that it was the iPad 1, which isn't even worth $350! They charge nearly double the cost of products on their site and then try to pretend that you are getting a good deal!

So in the end I spent $500 plus the bogus $60 entry fee (when they said that it was free to join!) for a product worth $350. That means using their suppossedly risk-free auctions I've lost over $200. The people at Quibids are lying and deceitful and the site IS NOT AN AUCTION SITE, IT IS A GAMBLING SITE WHICH SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED AND QUIBIDS LIES WHEN THEY SAY THAT THEY ARE AN AUCTION SITE! And even worse they are a gambling site that locks you out from winning right after you've spent a lot of money bidding. Just remember when something is looks too good to be true it probably is!

Go to Google and type "Quibids Scam". I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:29 pm

What I don't get, Nada, is why on Earth did you throw good money after bad?

Didn't that $60 fee ring an alarm and activate your Bullpoop Alert? L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:34 am

bobnliz wrote:What I don't get, Nada, is why on Earth did you throw good money after bad?

Instead of trying to make Nada feel stupid about his/her decision perhaps we should just say Thanks for the heads-up? No?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:19 am

bobnliz wrote:What I don't get, Nada, is why on Earth did you throw good money after bad?

I wasn't quoting myself. This board won't let me post a link until I've been a member for 7 days, so I just cut and pasted one of the many complaints posted about this auction site.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:02 am

Thanks Nada for alerting us to this scam.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:29 am

Thank you nada... that makes things a whole lot clearer. And thanks for the alert. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:34 am

I think the concept is sound. They just need to work through some of the rules so people don't have to pay so much if they don't win the bid. I never saw anything about a $60 enrollment fee. I understood you simply paid .60 per bid. Guess I'll have to investigate further.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:52 am

This is from Reviewopedia:

QuiBids.com is the largest penny auction website currently operating in the United States. Penny auctions have been around for awhile, but have only recently gotten lots of attention from people outside of the penny auction community.

Penny auction websites attract people to them by promising expensive, big ticket items at unbelievably low prices – for example, QuiBids shows a new iPad, which retails at $499 for the most basic model, selling for $22.54. But this winning bid of $22.54 is misleading. This isn’t the truth of how much it costs to win that iPad.

The way penny auctions work is that you are only able to bid a single penny at any time during the auction. However, at QuiBids.com, you must purchase each 1 cent bid for 60 cents. So an iPad that retails for $499 but was won for the grand total of 2,254 one cent bids (or $22.54) which actually cost 60 cents each means that the iPad just sold for $1352.40.

Though the person who wins the item usually has paid less than retail for what they have received, citing $22.54 as the winning bid is extremely misleading.
So is QuiBids a Scam?

All penny auctions, regardless of reputation, are a bad idea and should be avoided.

First of all, QuiBids.com and other penny auction sites require people to pay for the option to bid, but don’t allow them to bid in increments of their choosing. This means that QuiBids is forcing the price up and profiting all the while.

On eBay, the seller and buyer have the auction monitored by the website, which is the trusted third party. On QuiBids.com, there is no trusted third party. QuiBids is the seller and the auctioneer. It works in their favor – and their favor only – to drive the price up in these small 1 or 2 cent increments.

QuiBids attempts to redeem themselves by offering you the “By It Now” option, which is when you can take the total amount of your failed bids and apply that toward the retail price of the item you were bidding on. Say you bid $80 total on an iPod Nano that cost $150. For the remaining $70, Quibids will sell you a Nano. Well, $70 plus tax, fees, and shipping and handling.

With the added “fees,” tax, and S&H, that Nano will cost you more than it would at Apple, and usually much more than it would at a discounted retailer like Amazon.com or Target. In addition, QuiBids is not an approved retailer of Apple – or any major brand name – products.

This means that if you get the item from them, the manufacturer warranty is void – if it breaks within the first 60 days, you will not be able to get it repaired or exchanged. If you have a problem within the first 30 days, QuiBids will refund the final auction price you paid, but not a single dime of the bids it took to win the auction.

It’s much better to stick to legitimate auction sites like eBay, instead of spending lots of frustrating time and effort on penny auction websites like QuiBids.com.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks, nada. That was very helpful. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:53 am

OK, I concede. It looks like a rip-off.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:17 am

it certainly is a shuck and jive... even if what they are doing is not illegal in the strict interpretation.
Are there really people that do this as a regular thing? L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Look out E-Bay Empty They got me

Post by SnowDaddy Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:29 am

CanuckBob wrote:OK, I concede. It looks like a rip-off.......

Yup CB it sure is, they got me for about $100, the other thing too is, if you take the time to think about it, the bids cost you 60 cents each, then when the bidding has ended, and let's say the bid price was $22.50, at checkout you have to pay the 22.50 on top of all the bids you placed.

And, believe me it is easy to get caught in a bidding war.

Stay as far away from QuiBids as you can or any other site that is similar, and there are others like it.
SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:33 am

And I will bet that those who suck into playing this game only brag to their friends that they paid the $22.50 or whatever for an item. No mention made of what they paid out for making the bids. And the beat goes on with a new sucker! If you watched the video, it was from Oklahoma. Doesn't that say it all?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Now, now Cheena... there are some very nice people in Oo-OK-la-ho-ma. Ain't nobody perfect, ya know? L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 pm

oklahoma has the lowest educational & income level in the USA. maybe someone learned how to be a player. its another place that would scare me to death.

Last edited by susan on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added word)

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:16 am

Wow.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:57 am

kipissippi wrote:Wow.
Yeah... ain't that a statement full of portent, Kippy? Just boggles the mind, it does. Look out E-Bay 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:30 pm

oklahoma has the lowest educational & income level in the USA. maybe someone learned how to be a player. its another place that would scare me to death.

Really?

Per capita income by state: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0104652.html

Oklahoma: $36,421 equal to Ohio.
Exceeds: UT, SD, NC, NM, MT, MS, MI, IN, ID, GA, AK, AZ, AL

Education levels by state, 2012 Abstracts:
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0233.pdf

Son of a gun, OK, is far from last there too.

Caution: Before putting mouth in gear, remove foot. Very Happy
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:08 pm

i notice most of these states are in the deep south. (have you noticed that most universities of significance are in colder climates)? the information about OK, was taken from a news article (8-10 yrs ago), NYTs. it said OK is "one" of the lowest in eduction /income level......" perhaps these states shift around? if you have a gripe, question the journalism in the new york times.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Mainecoons wrote:

Really?

Per capita income by state: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0104652.html

Oklahoma: $36,421 equal to Ohio.
Exceeds: UT, SD, NC, NM, MT, MS, MI, IN, ID, GA, AK, AZ, AL

Education levels by state, 2012 Abstracts:
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0233.pdf

Son of a gun, OK, is far from last there too.

Cracks me up Coons.... Smokealot When I read the reference to an 8-10 year article...cracked me up. Feliz Navidad Beer Beer

Caution: Before putting mouth in gear, remove foot. Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: