INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened at the Big Meeting today?

+19
gringal
raqueteer
juanrey
Mad_Max
David
CheenaGringo
canadiangirl
Solovino
larryc
CanuckBob
susan
simpsca
Mainecoons
brigitte
hound dog
viajero
MyHomeSweetHome
Intercasa
johninajijic
23 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What happened at the Big Meeting today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What happened at the Big Meeting today?

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Rumor from TOB but apparently confirmed by Intercasa:

The Mayor or El Presidente of Chapala apparently took some sort of leave of absence to pursue a higher office. Wonder what that did for today's meeting?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What happened at the Big Meeting today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What happened at the Big Meeting today?

Post by raqueteer Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Confirmed, the Mayor is on indefinite leave to run for District 17 State Legislator. Hmmmmm, wonder what wednesday was all about?

From the Guadalajara Reporter:

Mayor takes leave of absence

Friday, December 09 2011 13:01 GR Staff

Chapala Mayor Jesus Cabrera has taken an official leave of absence, effective Thursday, December 8.
He has left the post for an indefinite period while seeking the National Action Party (PAN) candidacy for District 17 state legislator. Moises Anaya Aguilar, the city government’s sindico (legal representative), will double up duties to serve as interim mayor. Cabrera’s elected stand-in David Garcia Gonzalez will fill in the empty seat on the city council.

http://www.chapala.com/wwwboard/webboard.html

Last edited by raqueteer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Has anyone figured out if there was any kind of meeting today as planned?

Call me a skeptic but I would bet that El Presidente knew he was bailing prior to the Wed. meeting.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakesidecrime Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:11 pm

We received Linda's email on meeting status - and congratulate her - sounds like she and her group had an outstanding meeting and have made excellent progress in defining their purpose - “Our sole purpose is to serve only as a consultant group and to support the enhancement of the Ministerio Publico, as well as the public security of our Municipality.”

and we are very pleased to see that Churro is now part of the group (the mexican gentleman who persistently asked to speak at the end - who wanted a solution for educating the youth - and improving their skills - so that they didn't fall into a life of crime)

We would also like to add - during the meeting, Capt Contreras mentioned he only had 3 emails in 2 years sent to his denunica email address. All he had to do was ask - ! Since May we have been sending emails to Jalisco Public Security to notify them when we added a report. So today we added the Chapala police to the email list - and also gave them the links for the last 40 reports we have added (since October1) - so please keep your reports coming to us - as well as to the police and ministerio - so that the community stays up to date on crimes being committed. http://lakesidecrime.com/

Here is the email from the group that Linda Fossi established:

This is your third report from your newly named group: We will now be called: Community Safety Initiative

Our sole purpose is to serve only as a consultant group and to support the enhancement of the Ministerio Publico, as well as the public security of our Municipality.

As promised, here is my report on both our Outstanding Show of Public Support at our largest attendence, public meeting with our Heads of Security and our Mayor, Jesus Cabrera, and then our follow up meeting today with our ‘new Interim Mayor’, Moises Alejandro Auaya Aguilar, Lic Juan Jose Ramos the Chief Investigator de Projectors Especiales to the Secretary General of the Governor of the State, Edgar Mancera, from the Office of State Security, and Capitan Reynol Contreras Munoz, the General Director, Seguridad Publica Municipal Chapala. These are only a few of the politicos and public officials who were in attendance at today’s Cabinet Meeting held in the Mayor Chambers.

What to tell all of you when there is so much to report. First I want you to know, it was YOU, and YOUR SUPPORT that MADE THE DIFFERENCE. Just the sheer numbers had a profound effect on our public officials and they FELT the momentum, the energy, the earnest concern of all of us.

Our Mayor DOES CARE, our Chief of Police, DOES CARE, our Head of Ministerio Publico, DOES CARE. Our Chief of Tourism of Jalisco, DOES CARE, as does our Secretary of Public Safety. They made that perfectly clear today by stating that each one of our SOLUTIONS were viable and workable and could be put into place. THE PROCESS HAS BEGUN!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU.

In effect, Capitan Reynol Contreras started “Boots to the Ground” TODAY!

They are also ready and willing to immediately get the Anonymous Crime Stoppers Hot Line up and running. We are working on both of these immediately!

I know the question you are all asking, is WHERE DID THE MONEY go that you donated and how much was donated and how will it be handled?

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS: But first let me say, your generosity was outstanding.

Here are the financial figures: COLLECTED FOR THE REWARD MONEY: (which is directly connected to the Anonymous Crime Stoppers Hot Line) The total figure is: $48,269 pesos! WOW!And the Perpetual Security Fundraised a whopping $75,568 pesos! Again, I can’t stop saying: BRAVO TO YOU ALL!

WHERE IS THIS MONEY? We have open two accounts with Actinver Banco. Please print this information so you can donate as the mood strikes you, and also, many, many of you either personally told me or wrote me to say you really didn’t have enough money on you to feel right about your donation….so PLEASE, go to Actinver and put money into these funds. They will be needed.

TWO accounts have been set up with THREE Citizens as signees: Hector Espana, Alberto Costales, and Linda Fossi, are the three signees. Two of the three will always need to sign to have any money released.
Also, when buying equipment to be loaned to the Police Department, three bids will be received and one of those bids will be chosen. Each penny that is spent and what it is spent on will be reported in both our English Newspaper and a Mexican Newspaper. FULL ACCOUNTABILITY.

The REWARD FUND Account Number for locals:

If you just wish to bring cash to Actinver, here is all the information you will need:
-ACCOUNT NO: 0155200490, For Further Credit Account: 6809545
FOR LOCAL WIRE TRANSFERS: BBVA Bancomer, S.A., Montes Urales 620, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec, 11000 Mexico D.F.
SWIFTCODE: BCMRMXMMXXX, CLABE: 012180001552004908, Beneficiary: BANCO ACTINVER, S.A., Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena 1200
Cd. Sante Fe, Mexico, D.F, ACCOUNT NO: 0155200490, For Further Credit Account: 6809545
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The PERPETUAL SECURITY FUND Account Number for locals:
For the local with cash: Account No: 0155200490, For further credit account: 6809495
For wire transfer, BBVA Bancomer, S.A., Montes Urales 620, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec, 11000 Mexico D.F.
SWIFTCODE: BCMRMXMMXXX, CLABE: 012180001552004908, Beneficiary: BANCO ACTINVER, S.A., Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena 1200, Cd. Sante Fe, Mexico, D.F., ACCOUNT: 0155200490, For Further Credit Account: 6809495
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
IF you wish to wire US funds from your US Account to Mexico, (which will go into pesos), follow these instructions:
BANK OF AMERICA, N.A., 701 Brickell Ave, 6th Floor, Miami, Florida 33131, USA, ROUTING NUMBER: 026009593, SWIFT CODE: BOFAUS3N, BENEFICIARY: BANCO ACTINVER, S.A. Institucion be Banca Multiple, ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1901740687, For The Further Credit to the Account Number 6809495.

I know. So many numbers and addresses. Please print a copy of this and please don’t stop the momentum. SEND IN YOUR PESOS. Your money is secure and only going for specific safety measures after careful consideration.

As HOT LINE TIPS come in that lead to the capture and arrest of a true criminal, we will give you the crime and the amount the ‘secret tipster’ received.

As far as the added ‘security tax’ to your property taxes, that is something that may or may not happen. It will not happen this year, as the budget, etc., has already been completed. IF it does go into effect later, it would be a very nominal amount, far less than the 1 peso per SM that we proposed. So please, don’t start worrying about that. Our property taxes are so low now, it’s an embarrassment. You could NEVER own a home in the US or Canada and pay what we pay now, so even if it is raised by $100 pesos or so a YEAR, that is NOTHING. And again, IF it is implemented, it would be done so in a manner that releases those funds into a SEPARATE SECURITY ACCOUNT, probably also held in Actinver, that would have two citizens and one public official as signees. It would NOT just go into the ‘general account’ and be spent on anything with no accountability. It would only be for ADDITIONAL SECURITY MEASURES to protect you and your homes. A small price to pay, (should it ever go into effect).

As far as having an ‘on call’ sketch artist available the day of the incident, we believe we have that covered. Many of you may know, I had just such an artist come to my home last week and four of the victims met with her and did sketches. We honestly believe we are dealing with ONLY TWO HOODLUMS.

The temporary police posts with moveable spikes are something that must be coordinated with several municipalities and that is being handled by our Captain of Police.

Okay, I think that pretty much sums up our follow up meeting, which was a GREAT meeting, by the way. The Mass Meeting, most of you were there, so I don’t need to re-hash that. As always, I must ask you to share this email with your friends and ask them to pass it on. I cannot possible dig through a thousand emails and hand pick each person who asked to be on this list....not right now anyway, I just don't have the time. Plus it's my birthday and I have plans and need to get outta here!
All the best and again, a warm thank you from your Community Safety Initiative.

Linda Fossi, Aurora Michel, Alberto Costales, Bill Dingwall, Hector Espana of Manix, Kim Everest of Number Four, Doug White, Javier Gonzales of La Bodega, and Churro.

lakesidecrime

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:39 pm

I guess that I get to eat my skepticism since the meeting did come off as planned and appears to have produced some positive results!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:12 pm

1) meanwhile theres a new mayor. why does that surprise you? was he @wensdays meeting? no dancing & singing "yet". the balls in their court. linda will get her PR. 2) i agree w/chevy, when the forum gets to locker room high school talk, time for octagon. too much of the same over used words lose their power. its like bad rap music.

Last edited by susan on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted sentence)

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:21 pm

This entire thread has been edited to remove all the juvenile crap. If you don't like it, too bad. We have the Octagon for that kind of stuff.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:49 am

Thanks Honorable Chief Canuck.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:39 am

The key guy in this situation is the police chief, and he has shown himself to be a man of courage who is listening. Let's give it a chance.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:33 am

I'm not sure what is in the area for the youths however NOB they have what is called Boys & Girls Clubs. Basically an activity center for youths to hang out at and play games, talk with counsellors, explore career opportunities and participate in day trips etc. They are manned by volunteer youth counsellors and local police. I used to hang out at one of these when I was a young teenager.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:09 am

Well, I am really happy that things appear to be progressing in the right direction. Looks like they have most things covered, and some initial funding in place. This is way better than I expected quite frankly and I'm really feeling pretty hopeful at this point.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:52 pm

CB:

On the surface, the Boys & Girls Club concept might work in certain areas but it can be a long slog to get participation. Parenting and education have so much to do with youth developing a sense of self worth and motivation. In many parts of Mexico, the tradition of following the family craft or occupation is a very strong factor that provides youth with a direction. I am guessing that there is less of this in the Lake area because of the type of economy that drives the community? The biggest problem anywhere is the amount of effort today's youth has to exert fitting into the right crowd. The losers of this world can always bring in new members because they make it easy to join in!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:30 pm

raqueteer wrote:Well, I am really happy that things appear to be progressing in the right direction. Looks like they have most things covered, and some initial funding in place. This is way better than I expected quite frankly and I'm really feeling pretty hopeful at this point.

I feel the same way...cautiously optimistic. Huge KUDOS to Linda Fossi and the members who are organizing this effort. An incredible amount of work achieved in a short period of time. Well done!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Nice to see a more positive tone here at last.
somebody step up for the common good and maybe it will lead to a more positive outcome. It can't hurt that's for sure.

Good luck to us all
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.gringosinparadise.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5