INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flu Warnings

+16
Parker
espíritu del lago
57Chevy
Zedinmexico
ferret
gringal
drmike
brigitte
raqueteer
CanuckBob
johninajijic
Jim W
Rolly
hockables
CheenaGringo
Hensley
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Flu Warnings - Page 2 Empty Re: Flu Warnings

Post by 57Chevy Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 am

Dr. Mike: do you mind telling us why you do not take vaccines? Am curious.

57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 am

57Chevy wrote:Raqueteer - for body aches I find ARNICA (arnica montana) helps. This is also a homeopathic remedy. You can buy it in the homeopathic store on the square in Ajijic. They carry the liquid form which can be mixed into a drink. I do not know if they carry the small tablets, but I get the tablets in the U.S. They are made by a German company called BOIRON. The tablets come in 6mg and 30 mg strengths. You put 5 little tablets under your tongue and let them dissolve. Do this 3 times a day until symptoms are resolved, or as directed by a doctor. Arnica is good for stiffness, body aches and pains, inflammation, injuries. Some people use the stronger dose before and after surgery.

I had the H1N1 flu 2 years ago in Ajijic. Extremely ill, and received excellent care at Mascaras Clinic. Caught it 2 weeks after arriving.

Hope you are better soon! And, I am heading down to the liquor store to get some Rye! But, would your recipe work with Scotch and lime?

Thanks all, I am now recovered completely. All the home remedies are now posted under medical and dental as home remedies only, not medical advice. Maybe Dr. Mike can add some stuff or observations?

Maybe we could keep up with more home remedies as illnesses appear.

Yes Chevy you can use Scotch, I just happen to hate the taste of it. This time I used dark Rum advised by Brigitte, and it worked just fine. Also ran out of lemons so used limes, no problem at all.

Suggest you pick up some pure essential oils instead of Rye, Lemon, eucalyptus (an ingredient in Vicks) and tea tree oil, that is one powerful oil. 10 drops of each in a pot of boiling water and inhale the vapors.

Good Luck, this is a mean one so give it a good boot in the rear before it bites yours

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:15 am

What should we put on the bite on the rear? Hope yours is all healed up so you can sit.

Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Flu Warnings - Page 2 Empty vaccines

Post by drmike Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:24 am

I don't use vaccines because as a general rule they are ineffective, they can cause severe reactions including death, the preservative used in many of the vaccines is thimerisol (which is a form of mercury). Thimerisol has been banned by most countries of the developed world but is still allowed by the US due to lobbying by the Pharmaceutical Industry. Usually the Flu vaccine is made for the wrong type of flu (researcher try to guess which type of flu will be prevalent the next year and prepare a vaccine based on their assumptions) so the vaccine is often for the wrong type of flu anyway, babies are recommended to have 30 some odd vaccines by the age of five and we wonder why autism is rampant in the US. Finally, vaccines ravage the immune system. I treated autism with homeopathy and had good success with that type of treatment.

I have an article on vaccines on my blog if you click on the link by my name.

To me homeopathy and Vitamin D3 are a safer, more effective way to go.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:35 am

Dr Mike

Not trying to stir up a fuss but how come no peer reviewed study shows
connection between autism and the three way vacine (MMR)? I know
many people say the same thing you are saying but I can't see the
evidence. Am I missing something?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:47 am

I am an avid researcher and have always believed this !!!!!! You would not believe how many times I was called a conspiratorial quack... What ever. I am so glad someone believes as I do and have for a LONG TIME !!!!!

There is justice!!!! That is just shocking!!! Shocked

As a side note I have never ever in my adult life had any vaccines except tetanus.. I do wonder about the pneumonia vaccine, I have resisted and continue to do so... DR. Mike what is your advice and thanks in advance, o and more about tetanus vacc.

Espiritu..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:53 am

drmike wrote:I don't use vaccines because as a general rule they are ineffective, they can cause severe reactions including death, the preservative used in many of the vaccines is thimerisol (which is a form of mercury). Thimerisol has been banned by most countries of the developed world but is still allowed by the US due to lobbying by the Pharmaceutical Industry. Usually the Flu vaccine is made for the wrong type of flu (researcher try to guess which type of flu will be prevalent the next year and prepare a vaccine based on their assumptions) so the vaccine is often for the wrong type of flu anyway, babies are recommended to have 30 some odd vaccines by the age of five and we wonder why autism is rampant in the US. Finally, vaccines ravage the immune system. I treated autism with homeopathy and had good success with that type of treatment.

I have an article on vaccines on my blog if you click on the link by my name.

To me homeopathy and Vitamin D3 are a safer, more effective way to go.

Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike - I liked your post. Very informative. I knew about the thermosol from info on the internet due to the H1N1 vaccine and flu scare that was supposed to make everyone very sick. The H1N1 flu scare was just that, it didn't kill like the Pharma companies wanted you to believe. It was a frigging joke.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:35 am

Dr. Mike, where is your blog? Can't find the link. TIA.

I don't like the idea of vaccinations either and would like to read more.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:45 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Dr Mike

Not trying to stir up a fuss but how come no peer reviewed study shows
connection between autism and the three way vacine (MMR)? I know
many people say the same thing you are saying but I can't see the
evidence. Am I missing something?

Z

Doctors learn early in their education that you have to look at who's paying for the study. Who gains from the study. Usually it is the Pharmaceutical company ('flu mfgs) who pay for the studies of vaccines. They hide behind the Universities who actually do the studies and make it appear legit, but for the contribution of dollars to the University any University is prepared to do it. Actually there are relatively few "peer" studies to read and the ones that show the utter failure of vaccines are not published.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:46 am

raqueteer wrote:Dr. Mike, where is your blog? Can't find the link. TIA.

It is "world" icon below the name where the "MP" icon is located.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:51 am

drmike wrote:
raqueteer wrote:Dr. Mike, where is your blog? Can't find the link. TIA.

It is "world" icon below the name where the "MP" icon is located.

Dr. Mike

Thanks, it looks very interesting.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:10 am

Yea, when people can't argue with your reasons for your anti-establishment beliefs they fall back to the "you believe in conspiracy theories". That's only because they don't have the knowledge to argue with you. If you read studies and take the time to understand them then as Gringal says, "you follow the money".

Most people just without any critical thinking take whatever studies or articles they've read as the truth without actually finding out who proposed the study, who paid for the study and who benefits from the study.

I taught, in Medical school, how to read and dissect a study and determine how true a study is. Just because it is a study from a prestigious university
or written up in the AMA, or NEJM doesn't make it, in and of itself a good study.

As Raqueteer says, take studies with a "grain of salt".

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:36 am

espiritu del Lago,

I think if you step on a nail or other things that penetrate the skin then a tetanus vaccine is warranted. The vaccine is less dangerous than tetanus. My sister helped develop the pneumonia vaccine ( she was one of the researchers at the CDC). I rank the pneumonia vaccine in the same category as the flu vaccine. Most people don't need it. If you are prone to pneumonia or have other underlying conditions the risks of the vaccine may be outweighed by the possibility the vaccine will help you. As a general rule though, I counseled against it.

I am not against every vaccine. I am against most of them, those that carry more risk than they carry healthful benefits. A person must weigh if the benefits of the vaccine outweigh the negative aspects of the vaccine and the disease it supposedly prevents. The % of vaccines working against a particular disease is moderate at best. The things I really am against is the thimerasol, the fact it wrecks your immune system and the fact most of them are completely useless and only provides billions of dollars to the drug companies and to the media that run their ads.

Doctors, believe it or not, rarely take the time to do research or read studies and dissect them. They usually get their information from the Pharmaceutical Reps that come by weekly and peddle their wares. The doctors then pass what they've learned from the Pharmaceutical Reps to their patients as if it were the truth.

So be aware...be very aware.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:46 am

Right on, Dr. Mike. I'm amazed at the amount of medication that people are taking. I see people walking around town who could benefit more from serious lifestyles changes (like dropping 50 plus lbs.) than from the medications they take daily to "cure" the results of their choices.

It may just be rumor, but so many of the "studies" made done on grants with pre-determined results requested by those who put up the money. That's including our universities and the government. FTM.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Just an anecdotal story to bolster the comments made by Dr. Mike. My mother suffered from COPD most of her adult life. Towards the end I was her primary care giver. Naturally the doc recommended the flu vaccine every year, and every year very shortly after receiving it she would wind up in the hospital with pneumonia. After two very close calls I requested that he stop giving her vaccines. She never again got pneumonia. I've never taken a vaccine since then either.

BTW just a pat on the back to this forum, discussing vaccines in a less than positive light was the reason I got booted off TOB the first time.

I noticed Gringal's post which reminded me of a study done in South America on an artificial sweetener. At first the results were indicative of a lowered level of dental caries, however after 18 months the bacteria became accustomed to the sweetener, which according to my source of information has since been used as a nutrient on agar plates. Naturally as soon as the caries level went up, they stopped the study and used the initial results as proof. Naturally none of this information is available on the internet.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Wasn’t there a large increase of Gillian/ Berre’ Syndrome (GBS) a few years back caused by flu shots?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes there was. Guillan/Barre Syndrome is usually caused by an autoimmune response to an antigen. In 1976-1977 there was an increase in Guillan/Barre Syndrome due to the Swine Flu Vaccine. This was the vaccine which was mandated by President Gerald Ford and more people died from the vaccine than from the swine flu. Many $$$'s were paid out by the Pharmaceutical Companies over lawsuits due to their vaccine.

Another reason I don't (usually) take vaccines- only tetanus.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:33 am

Great info, thank you for the truth Dr.Mike... Everybody else, you know who you are thanks....

Also, whomever posted on arnica appreciate the info. I remember hearing about it and was very interested... I had forgotten the name of it and what it was for..

Many, many years past, beginning in my childhood I was intrigued by herbs. As time marched forward I read, tried to identify as much info as possible of the positive beneficial uses. Especially all remedies from elders that was told and shown. You have to remember these very special people were old and poor and out of sheer necessity and wisdom they made do with what the Supreme Giver of all provided for mankind.

espiritu..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:38 am

O, did I mention the cures worked, several were used on me. Life indeed is a bounty of knowledge when you look past the veil of deception.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:14 am

Dr Mike
We have been suggesting our visitors get a Hepititis vaccine series before
coming down. Is this vaccine considered effective?

By the way I grew up reading peer reviewed studies because of my parents
and I can tell you that following the money applies in Forestry science also.
Look at all the timber company money spent on studies and the results.

However I have had people quote bad science to me all the time. My example
is roundup which a high level science person told me was horrible to amphibians
which is true. What the bad science person didn't tell me is it was
the soap in the roundup that caused the problem and your 100% biodegradable
soap causes the same problems in amphibians. I have just had
too many people pick and choose things out of studies and it makes me
question almost anything anymore unless I trust the source. People see what
they want to see in most things. Not very scientific in my opinion. I very much
like the quote from Espiritu del lago " when you look past the veil of deception".

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:06 am

As a Medical Student our class was offered the Hepatitis B vaccine series for free to help protect us when we started seeing patients. To a person we all turned down the offer. There are too many side effects for me to take it and I don't belong to any of the risk groups. As an aside it is generally known that the US government, after the Hep B vaccine was developed, offered it for free in the gay communities in New York, Miami, and San Francisco. The people were told it would help protect them when having sex with other males. After they received the vaccine something like 70% of the people came down with AIDS. This was in the mid to late 1980s and was just before the Aids epidemic started. People who have studied this situation have concluded that the vaccine was purposely contaminated with with the HIV virus (read And the Band Played On) and then given to the gay community. Why? I'm not sure. I have my theories, but none have been conclusively proven.

As far as the Hepatitis vaccine I will not take it and as a doctor I advised against it to my patients who asked about it. I choose not to part of an experiment. As far as encouraging your family and friends to take the Hepatitis vaccine series, Hepatitis A is generally mild and self cures (there have been people who have died from it but I suspect they had an underlying condition), Hepatitis B is recommended for healthcare workers, gays, and drug users. If you don't belong to any of those risk groups. then it is not worth the risks. As far as I know there is no vaccine for Hepatitis C. So I see no need in visitors getting the vaccine. If hepatitis was rampant in Mexico, I might have a different opinion. But it isn't.

Hope this helps.

PS: yes, people pick and choose what they want to believe from studies. That is why I've always encourage my students to read the study and try and figure out who paid for it and who benefits from the study. You as an engineer can do the same thing.

Dr. Mike[i]

Last edited by drmike on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : put in another paragragh)
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Do you make house calls? You're going to be real popular around here!

mariachi
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Dr Mike,

On the D3 what dosage do you reccomend 1,000ui, 2,000ui or 5,000ui?
What exactly is it for?

Thanks
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:04 am

I suggest getting the 5,000 I.U. of D3 and take 3 capsules per day for a total of 15,000 I.U. of D3 per day. I take all three capsules at one time in the morning. It is believed to strengthen the immune system. Researchers are spending a lot of time and energy studying this pro-hormone and are finding many therapeutic uses for it. Look at my blog (the world icon next to my name) and the first two articles are about Vitamin D and some of it's uses. It even lists the dosages for adults and children.

Now there are 3 types of Vitamin D: D1, D2 and D3. You want the D3 form. Read the label. It only costs about $5.95 at my pharmacy here (Cigna Pharmacy) so it should not be expensive.

Hensley, Your original post about washing hands frequently and using tissue when you sneeze and the other preventative things to do during flu season is spot on. Just add Vitamin D3 to the mix and you'll decrease your chances of catching the flu.6

Mainecoons thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by alfnannie Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi Dr. Mike:
It is nice to see that you were able to post this valuable information. I tried to post a link to mercola.com that advised people not to take the flu shot and was banned from TOB for doing so. They said it was a conspiracy. LOL
I also recommend people read grassrootshealth.net and also their facebook page.
They also offer a blood test by mail anywhere in the world to test your vitamin D level.
Keep up the good work.

alfnannie

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:47 am

drmike...I love you!

I don't get vaccines either. In fact, my children don't have all the "recommended" vaccines either.
I have a brother and sister who developed autism (at the age of four without any prior issues or family history) within a couple months of their vaccines. Oddly, my other brother was sick that day and didn't get the vaccine...he's fine.
I researched the swine flu vaccine when the world was scared and found out that more people died from the vaccine than from the swine flu.
I found that you can determine the results of studies by seeing the sources...no need to read more. Anything contradictory to big pharma is not published either. All new medicines are significantly better (regardless of tried and true older ones that are now available in generic form) and far superior to the past versions.
I could rant about the US healthcare system for quite some time...easily. It is very refreshing to see a doctor who doesn't just accept what he is told and is willing to have an open mind.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next