INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A short reflection on minor Christmas miracles

4 posters

Go down

A short reflection on minor Christmas miracles Empty A short reflection on minor Christmas miracles

Post by raqueteer Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:28 pm

The beef came out just perfect thanks to a new fancy digital thermometer given to my husband by a friend, just in the nick of time.

My Martha Stewart type girlfriend forgot to bring her 3.75 reading specs so was unable to detect any remaining spots left on the wine glasses after a careful polishing by yours truly and husband who don't own any 3.75 specs.

No one noticed that the nipple hiding pasties I put on my apron went on too low because I tried that apron on in my pajamas. Oooop's.

I can now face a cocktail again, and will be enjoying one in just a few minutes. I might also be able to eat solid food, hopefully.

My 12 year old grand daughter is still slightly shorter than i am, but can now wear my shoes.

The victorian pudding mould which has defeated me for so many years finally gave up and cooperated.

The dog didn't throw up on the carpet after being fed far too much.

The friend who gave us 10 gifts forgot what they were, so that dreaded thank you phone call, went just fine. This also makes re-gifting less of a problem in the future. Very Happy

Someone brought a lovely bottle of champagne, so our New Years budget won't take a hit, after the annual spending fiasco.

There were, for once, absolutely no kitchen failures, no power outages and we didn't run out of gas.

All three desserts looked and tasted great.

Last but not least, our maid finished all the cleaning up today, and didn't mention anything about la señora still wearing pajamas at noon.

Well that's about it, hope y'all had a few minor miracles as well.

Cheers,
raq

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A short reflection on minor Christmas miracles Empty Re: A short reflection on minor Christmas miracles

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:51 pm

That was great raq!

These really aren't minor miracles but major ones for me:

1. DH decided to buy dressy Christmas Sunday clothes 4 days before Christmas.

2. Shopping for dressy Christmas clothes took 10 hours & 2 malls & my DH never lost his patience with me, in fact, he was pleasant through the entire process...He's now officially a saint! hah!

3. I'd say a miracle happened when I couldn't get it all done in time to eat the Christmas Eve dinner at 5 p.m. This year, rather than get upset because everything wasn't just so, I made it clear that I was dern tired & was going to take on the Mexican way & enjoy the process, it was going to get done when it was done. This meant that our family & guests were put on hold to eat the awaited feast until after the candlelight service. My husband feared us eating at 12 p.m. but we were seated contently at the table by 8:45 p.m. and all had the time of their life. The miracle, my DH didn't get upset with me for not having it done "on time". Should read his time. I pretty much knew I couldn't do it but tried my hardest to please. It's not easy being married to a choleric personality but equally not easy for a choleric to be married to me. Although I would find it delightful. :)

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A short reflection on minor Christmas miracles Empty Re: A short reflection on minor Christmas miracles

Post by Parker Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:07 am

Well, we had a wonderful Christmas this year! Spent it with friends and the turkey, or I should say the oven was having some problems, so it took about 2 hours longer than expected. We all probable drank too much but had a great time getting to know those we knew only slightly before. I also believe food taste better when you’re hungry. I’m sorry, I’m not into the “Martha Stewart” crap, and after all she went into jail for insider trading. When trying to satisfy ones ego to be perfect something always has to give, normally it’s personal relationships. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:04 am

Being a guy and boob obsessed I'm still fixated on the pastie thingy. What's going on there? Trying to hide your perky bits? Love those perky bits. Maybe not getting this. Food definitely tastes better with bits and stuff.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down