INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWI

Go down

SWI Empty SWI

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:22 am

"Shopping While Intoxicated nets online gains -'I was drunk and I bought it, and I forgot about it ...'

We have seen it suggested many times on various forums that a breathalyzer might be appropriate at times to slow down off the wall content. Now there may be another reason:
"After enjoying a few drinks, some people go dancing. Others order food. And for some, it’s time to shop online.

“I have my account linked to my phone, so it’s really easy,” said Tiffany Whitten, of Dayton, Ohio, whose most recent tipsy purchase made on her smartphone — a phone cover — arrived from Amazon much to her surprise. “I was drunk and I bought it, and I forgot about it, and it showed up in the mail, and I was really excited.”

Shopping under the influence has long benefited high-end specialty retailers — witness the wine-and-cheese parties that are a staple of galleries and boutiques. Now the popularity of Internet sales has opened alcohol-induced purchases to the masses, including people like Ms. Whitten, who works in shipping and receiving and spent just $5 on the cat-shaped phone cover. ................."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45804069/ns/business-retail/#.TvsgZ1tdmqE

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum