INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Cola & Moon Pie

+11
Lehrer
Zedinmexico
borderreiver
Solovino
drmike
SnowDaddy
Parker
raqueteer
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
hound dog
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RC Cola & Moon Pie  Empty RC Cola & Moon Pie

Post by hound dog Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 16:32

For those homesick ole boys from the U.S. Deep South living in Mexico and missing their true cultural heritage, Dawg has come up with this service to help you recapture some of the mystique of your former homeland - namely the opportunity to relive the experience of the RC Cola and Moon Pie. The readers will recall that, not long ago, UNICEF awarded Michoacan redneck cuisine with the honor of having demonstrated that it as worthy of status as a world heritage cultural achievement so, Dawg figured, what the hell; if a Michoacan corunda is worthy of world heritage status then so is an Alabama Moon Pie.

Now, unfortunately, Moon Pies are not available here at Lake Chapala or down in the Chiapas Highlands so Dawg is proud to proclaim the discovery of the Mexican Moon Pie identified by Dawg after exhaustive research. You can buy this at your local tienda throughout Mexico and it´s known as OBLEAS or "Oblea Con Cajeta De Leche De Cabra - Las Sevillanas". Now, I can´t help you with the RC Cola but a Fanta Big Orange may suffice. Perhaps UNICEF World Heritage status for redneck Alabama cuisine is as in line as it was for redneck Michoacan cuisine. After all, we in Alabama have as many phony wannabee chefs as they do in Michoacan.

Last edited by hound dog on Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 17:03; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

RC Cola & Moon Pie  Empty Re: RC Cola & Moon Pie

Post by CanuckBob Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 17:01

Mr Dawg, you should Fed Ex a master case of Moon Pies down to the lake. Keep half for yourself and sell the other half to pay for the shipping.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 17:03

[img]RC Cola & Moon Pie  Histad10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 17:24

CanuckBob wrote:Mr Dawg, you should Fed Ex a master case of Moon Pies down to the lake. Keep half for yourself and sell the other half to pay for the shipping.

God, CB, for a Canuck from the Frozen Tundra, you are brilliant. I can see it now; Dawg´s RC Cola and Moon Pie Emporium. On Tuesday, free tequila and RC Cola plus 2X1 Moon Pies between 6:00PM and 7:00PM accompanied by a buxom chick who gives the weather report on Guadalajara television plus, if you can name the number of jellybeans in the jar a new Ford Lexus. Maybe, CB, you´d like to be a partner with Dawg. Perhaps an investment of $500,000 Loonies would convince me of your sincerety. Just make your check payable to "Cash".
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 18:49

Aw geez, if the gentleman from Alabama can open a Moon Pie and R.C. cola emporium, why not ask the gentleman from London to open up next door with British favorites like Spotted Dick and treacle, Lardy Johns with clotted cream and Plum Duff with custard for dessert accompanied by Rum Punch or Rhubarb wine. It could become an international destination for foodies worldwide.

Just think of the possibilities.

Neil, I defy you to come up with photos for these special treats. ;-)

In the interim while the decision process is in the works, we'll be listening to George Carlins' views on life. Sorry can't share these on a public website.

What am I thinking, food and Carlin in a public location, we're talking gold folks. Investor line forms on the right.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 19:25

[img]RC Cola & Moon Pie  51b1rj10[/img]
[img]RC Cola & Moon Pie  250px-10[/img]
[img]RC Cola & Moon Pie  Spottd10[/img]
[img]RC Cola & Moon Pie  Lard10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 19:33

hound dog wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Mr Dawg, you should Fed Ex a master case of Moon Pies down to the lake. Keep half for yourself and sell the other half to pay for the shipping.

God, CB, for a Canuck from the Frozen Tundra, you are brilliant. I can see it now; Dawg´s RC Cola and Moon Pie Emporium. On Tuesday, free tequila and RC Cola plus 2X1 Moon Pies between 6:00PM and 7:00PM accompanied by a buxom chick who gives the weather report on Guadalajara television plus, if you can name the number of jellybeans in the jar a new Ford Lexus. Maybe, CB, you´d like to be a partner with Dawg. Perhaps an investment of $500,000 Loonies would convince me of your sincerety. Just make your check payable to "Cash".

Take it slow Mr. Dawg. Maybe start with Moon Pie's and RC Cola and work your way into Corn Dogs and Southern Comfort. Kindly provide me with all your banking information and I will promptly withdraw deposit the seed monies........

Last edited by CanuckBob on Sun 1 Jan 2012 - 13:09; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 19:35

Hot damn Neil, that was good. Very quick trigger finger.

Próspero Año Nuevo!

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 21:56

[quote="raqueteer"]Hot damn Neil, that was good. Very quick trigger finger.

Próspero Año Nuevo![/quote]

Neil has been looking for an opportunity to use that Heinz Treacle bit for years and we foolishly opened the door for him. Ever since Dennis Hopper died, Neil has been looking for an opportunity to star in the sequel To Easy Rider proposed to be entitled Bad Day at Red Rock With Depends.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 22:56

Dawg:

Funny that you should raise the Easy Rider issue. Back in the early 70's, I was employed by a company called JanSport. We supplied the "Captain America Backpack" worn in the movie by Peter Fonda:
[img]RC Cola & Moon Pie  7ca56f10[/img]

The "crazy hippie" that founded the company was convinced that we would sell thousands of this pack because of the movie and produced many thousands on speculation. It was the largest "product dump" at ridiculously low prices in all my years with the company!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 23:54

I suppose since we’re into this issue, my father actually produce RC Cola in the basement of an auto-body shop which he owned and was his true interest to support our family. As children (12 to 16) we ran the bottling lines, Dad took care of mixing indigents and sales. To this day this is one of my fondness memories of our family working together for the betterment of the family. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowDaddy Sun 1 Jan 2012 - 11:39

My only contribution to this thread is...

Way up North in the part of the frozen tundra known as Quebec, in my youth there was an airline aptly named "QuebecAir" they served a popular snack of our french speaking populace known as Pepsi & Mae West.

Similar to Dawgs' southern favorite...

SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 11:16

I grew up in Atlanta, the capital of the south, (southern Alabama is not the capital of the south regardless of how Dawg would try and convince you it is) and was raised on RC Colas and moon pies. I think as a fellow southerner that selling moon pies in Mexico would go over quite well since the Mexicans like sweets so much.

Last edited by drmike on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 11:22; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 12:31

Moon Pies can't touch the infamously empalagosos Penguinos when it comes to satiating a sweet tooth.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 21:14

Worthless info re Snowdaddy's reply. The Mae West was/is/don't know very like a Moon Pie. The Mae Wests were served with Pepsi 'cause way back Coke increased the price of a bottle from 5c to 10c. Quebec consumers abandoned Coke en masse.
To this day Quebecers are sometimes referred to as Pepsis. Fortunately we've outgrown that kind of Anglo BS and really bad marketing.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 9:42

HALLELUJAH!

The Dawg can now make his Moon Pies at home. From this month's issue of BON APPETIT:

[img]RC Cola & Moon Pie  Chocol10[/img]

Ingredients
Cookies

1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
1 cup pecans, chopped
3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (4 ounces), chopped into chocolate chip-size chunks
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups (packed) dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 7-ounce jars marshmallow creme

Chocolate Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (2 1/2 ounces), chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup heavy cream

Preparation
Cookies

Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 350°. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine oats, cherries, pecans, and chocolate in a large bowl.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in another large bowl, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat to blend. Scrape down sides of bowl. With machine running at low speed, gradually add flour mixture; beat just to blend. Stir in oat mixture with a wooden spoon just to blend.
Using a 1-oz. ice cream scoop or scooping out 2 level tablespoonfuls of dough, measure dough into 36 portions. Divide among baking sheets. Using your hands, gently press down on each dough ball until 1/2" thick.
Bake cookies for 12 minutes. Rotate sheets front to back and top to bottom; continue baking until cookies are golden brown and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft (cookies will appear underdone and shiny in centers), 7–8 minutes longer. Do not overbake. Let cookies cool on baking sheets. DO AHEAD: Cookies can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Spread 1 Tbsp. marshmallow creme on bottom of 18 cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies.

Chocolate Dipping Sauce

Place chocolate and honey in a medium bowl. Bring cream just to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour over chocolate and honey; let stand for 1 minute; stir until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cookies or serve alongside sandwich cookies for dipping.

Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/02/chocolate-oatmeal-moon-pies#ixzz1k0td0fpC

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 14:23

What a repulsive rendition of the traditional Moon Pie, a concoction of such historic bad taste that making it even marginably edible is an abolute dishornor for
even the most rermote challenge having have been met in the imost immodest supplicant´s kitchen. I don´t know why I assault my senses with this moronic discourse.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 14:35

hound dog wrote:What a repulsive rendition of the traditional Moon Pie, a concoction of such historic bad taste that making it even marginably edible is an abolute dishornor for
even the most rermote challenge having have been met in the imost immodest supplicant´s kitchen. I don´t know why I assault my senses with this moronic discourse.

OK so fine it isn't a traditional Moon Pie but damn read whats in it. Yum Yum Yum. We don't know why you bother your senses by talking with us also. OK I
want one of those things in the picture.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 16:35

Back in the days when Lehrer was but a minor and an insignificant element in the landscape between Abilene and Sweetwater (Texas) and sometimes had a yearning for a good old Moon Pie and an occasional Royal Crown Cola, he was often caught without sufficient monetary sustenance to pursue that yearning as he was passing the local Mom-n-Pop store on his way home from school and found himself bemoaning the fact that he might be unable to satisfy that yearning and was thus forced to turn to his siblings and friends in supplication for assistance to enable him to consummate that yearning, when he found that those amiable creatures were compassionate enough to understand that yearning and contribute their collective coinage so that the ultimate goal of satisfaction was achieved, much to his gratification and to the immediate delight of all who contributed.
RC Cola & Moon Pie  223417
lol!
RC Cola & Moon Pie  18717
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 17:46

Good try, Lehrer, but it's only one paragraph. Keep on going or get a C- in the verbosity class. Basketball

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 18:16

Dawg:

I am really surprised by your reaction after reading your numerous references to Moon Pies through the years. And to think that I ran around this "one horse city" just prior to our most recent trip looking for Moon Pies to send to you as a surprise! As you have stated and is now proven, Albuquerque lacks adequate sophistication and higher learning to have such a product on the shelves.

One the other hand, I just found a recipe for Cheddar Cheese Grits w/Spicy Black Beans: http://www.cooking.com/recipes-and-more/recipes/Cheddar-Cheese-Grits-with-Spicy-Black-Beans-recipe-2080.aspx#axzz1iwZhYbAb?_mid=1103102&_rid=1103102.34100.575374&ref=http%3a%2f%2fnews.email-cooking.com%2ftrack%3ftype%3dclick%26enid%3dzwfzptembwfpbgluz2lkptexmdmxmdimbwvzc2fnzwlkptixnjkwmszkyxrhymfzzwlkptm0mtawjnnlcmlhbd0xnjc4mdq0oszlbwfpbglkpwnoaw5hz3jpbmdvqgdtywlslmnvbsz1c2vyawq9mv81nzuznzqmdgfyz2v0awq9jmzspszlehryyt1ndwx0axzhcmlhdgvjzd0mjiy%3d%26%26%262021%26%26%26http%3a%2f%2fwww.cooking.com%2faff%2fa.asp%3fa%3dcknwrdne01240a%26s%3ds0035515199s%26_mid%3d1103102%26_rid%3d1103102.34100.575374

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 18:40

Lehrer wrote:Back in the days when Lehrer was but a minor and an insignificant element in the landscape between Abilene and Sweetwater (Texas) and sometimes had a yearning for a good old Moon Pie and an occasional Royal Crown Cola, he was often caught without sufficient monetary sustenance to pursue that yearning as he was passing the local Mom-n-Pop store on his way home from school and found himself bemoaning the fact that he might be unable to satisfy that yearning and was thus forced to turn to his siblings and friends in supplication for assistance to enable him to consummate that yearning, when he found that those amiable creatures were compassionate enough to understand that yearning and contribute their collective coinage so that the ultimate goal of satisfaction was achieved, much to his gratification and to the immediate delight of all who contributed.
RC Cola & Moon Pie  223417
lol!
RC Cola & Moon Pie  18717

Didn't they teach you about run on sentences when you were becoming an English maestro?

RC Cola & Moon Pie  87465
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 18:56

[quote="Lehrer"]Back in the days when Lehrer was but a minor and an insignificant element in the landscape between Abilene and Sweetwater (Texas) and sometimes had a yearning for a good old Moon Pie...."

Tell me Lehrer, what significant elements are there in the landscape between Abilene and Sweetwater, the geographic equivalent of a Moon Pie and a human wasteland with the intellectual equivalent among the yahoos living there amidst the mesquite bushes on the flat and endless plain of recently dismissed WalMart parking lot attendants let go for demonstrable incompetence. This is a place where a Moon Pie is considered haute cuisine and an RC Cola is treasured for its vintage. As the French lather sauce bearnaise on beefsteak, West Texans lather Del Monte Catsup on Moon Pies so the cultures have something in common.

Now, since I am advised of your origin, here is a new treat for you. Take a small package of Tom´s Peanuts and empty the package into a giant Big Orange Soda. Stick your thumb over the top of the Big Orange and shake the bottle vigorously. Then, partially release your thumb and sqirt the agitated Big Orange with its accompanying peanuts into your mouth. This will be the best meal you ever had in West Texas but you probably already know this.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 20:41

gringal wrote:Good try, Lehrer, but it's only one paragraph. Keep on going or get a C- in the verbosity class. Basketball
gringal -

Not only one paragraph, but one sentence!

lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 20:45

Mainecoons wrote:

Didn't they teach you about run on sentences when you were becoming an English maestro?

RC Cola & Moon Pie  87465
Maybe you need a refresher course; what I wrote is definitely NOT a "run-on sentence." Take it (or not) from the English "maestro"!

RC Cola & Moon Pie  Smiley-laughing001
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next