INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And Now an American Murdered in Colima

+6
CanuckBob
viajero
brigitte
Ricardo
susan
CheenaGringo
10 posters

Go down

And Now an American Murdered in Colima Empty And Now an American Murdered in Colima

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:12 am

"Murder a person in popular shopping center

Sunday January 8, 2012

Jesus Trejo MONTELÓN

The victim is the American Mitch Fishgold Ventura, who tried to avoid a violent assault

A man of American origin, named Mitch Fishgold Ventura, 65 years of age and volunteer Civil Protection and Fire Department, died of a gunshot shot while trying to avoid a violent assault on the outskirts a well-known shopping center at the corner of River and Seville Avenues Constitution.
According to early reports, the edge of the 9 pm a gunman approached the owner of an Expedition truck and demanded the keys to your vehicle, but now deceased, realizing the fact tried to help the affected, so that it approached the thug shot him in the right arm and immediately fled aboard the stolen vehicle and headed for the Third Ring-road, and then head to the town of Villa de Alvarez.
Then, witnesses called the emergency number 066 to report the theft, so he immediately mounted an operation to take with him or the suspects, but failed to locate them.
Paramedics arrived at the place of the Red Cross to provide first aid to the injured person, who immediately was taken to Regional Hospital Universitario, however, died within minutes, as the bullet lodged in his heart."

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diariodecolima.com%2Fo%2Fnoticias.php%3Fn%3D52583

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

And Now an American Murdered in Colima Empty Re: And Now an American Murdered in Colima

Post by susan Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:27 pm

i keep saying.......kind & gentle people. they get what they need.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

And Now an American Murdered in Colima Empty Re: And Now an American Murdered in Colima

Post by Ricardo Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:33 pm

The article says he was shot while trying to prevent an assault (upon another person) rather than trying to avoid one.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 pm

He was also a Mexican citizen so since he lived here he should be considered Mexican rather than British or American . No ?
Sounded like a very nice man, it is a real shame that people will not hesitate to kill you for a car or shoes or jewelry or whatever they want.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:53 pm

It seems that a lot of the recent victims have chosen to fight the armed robbers,a natural instinct for some but not a good idea for a 60 or 70 year old man who is unarmed IMO.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Not really a good idea to resist for anyone who is unarmed IMO. Even if armed, the bad guys usually have better firepower and will shoot without hesitation.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Living is a good thing, forgoing personal property at the risk of one's life just doesn't make sense. Protecting a family member is another matter.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Some behavior in stressful situation for many of us are automatic. Stupid but
automatic. I was raised to defend myself and it is hard to turn off the programing. I believe many people just act not think and act. No time.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Only a total moron would try to fight off a robbere even if unarmed. Are your posessions worth your life? NOT. I would just say help yourself and leave the house. I have nothing worth stealing, no jewelry, no laptop and no cell phones.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:51 pm

And I'm thinking:
Perhaps if I sang them a song I could de-escalate the situation - "No tengo dinero, ni nada que dar!"
Maybe?
mariachi
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down