INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 bodies found shot and wrapped in blankets

+21
gringal
casi nada
drmike
Lehrer
kipissippi
hound dog
mikey1953
Ricardo
Bartdude
awana
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
viajero
susan
martygraw
oncesubtle
hueco_negro
Mainecoons
johninajijic
brigitte
Intercasa
25 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2 bodies found shot and wrapped in blankets - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 bodies found shot and wrapped in blankets

Post by awana Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:23 am

Most expats on all forums sound like the Mexican Tourist Industry and Travel agencies, ta da ta da, Mexico is beautiful..enjoy, enjoy, it's safe, it's warm and the people are friendly and life is much safer than in most NOB cities.
Expats have to rationalize their decisions to live there and those maybe like John don't want to lose potential rental income and Mexico it's self wants the Yankee dollar and the Travel Agencies want customers.

It all makes for a lot heads in the sand or like some say up their arse.

awana

Back to top Go down

2 bodies found shot and wrapped in blankets - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 bodies found shot and wrapped in blankets

Post by johninajijic Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:34 am

CB - Is it time to get rid of this entire foolish posts and it's negative remarks???

susan is off her meds again and talking mumbo jumbo like her total ahole self.

As usual Cheenagringo is criticizing me for no reason and has nothing positive to post. He's jealous that he doesn't live in one of the three best Communities in Ajijic. Notice that I didn't consider that sh*thole of Albuquerque to live in. I choose better, Temecula in So Cal or NC.

And Chapala, the only Norteamericanos that want to live there are the ones who cannot affort "beautiful Ajjijic" or the cheap Canadians like pedro, who live on the Carretera in his disgusting blue and yellow house. Chapala is a dump by comparison to Ajijic, the houses, the roads, etc, etc.

awana, since you're a newbie here and know nothing about Mexico, it's time you got your head out of your ass and checked crime statistics here and anywhere NOB. It's still far safer here than there. Do some research on google, just type in city-data.com then the name of the city. I guarantee you will find more car thefts, robberies, armed robberies, rapes and murders in ANY city NOB. And no other area in the US can compare to Mexico's weather.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by awana Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:57 am

John, you have a point that all large cities NOB have their rough areas but you can't compare Chapala and Ajijic to large US or Can. cities. All cities the size of Chapala or PV in Canada are safer by far and a big Plus... you can trust that the police won't rip you off and will investigate if you or someone close to you has been harmed.
And weather wise..Mexico has only about two months of the year that are more comfortable than Vancouver.

awana

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:03 am

awana wrote:John, you have a point that all large cities NOB have their rough areas but you can't compare Chapala and Ajijic to large US or Can. cities. All cities the size of Chapala or PV in Canada are safer by far and a big Plus... you can trust that the police won't rip you off and will investigate if you or someone close to you has been harmed.
And weather wise..Mexico has only about two months of the year that are more comfortable than Vancouver.

Are you from Vancouver? If so, do you walk around with your eyes closed all the time. Vancouver rains and is cold in the winter. Ajijic is beautiful most all the time.

--Vancouver-------Ajijic
---Daytime-------Daytime
Month-------F------F
January-----42-----75
February----44-----78
March-------50-----81
April---------58----85
May---------65----86
June---------69----83
July----------74----79
August-------74----79
September---65----78
October------58----78
November----48----77
December----43----75
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:41 am

Amazing that with all that "police presence" the gangbangers feel free to decorate the place right under their noses. Also interesting that no one mentions all crime there against Mexicans that has been reported lately, including a number of killings. Not much crime against gringos because not many gringos there, folks. I know a number of them that looked at all the gang sign on the walls there and said "no thanks."

As for generalization, you can see for yourself that there is graffiti virtually everywhere there, ranging from paint spray to marking pen scrawlie. That's not a generalization, that's a direct observation, made while riding around with someone, unlike the Chapala apologists here, who recognizes there is a very big tagger and gang problem there and wants to do something about it.

I'll tell ya this, all our visitors notice it immediately and comment negatively on it. Every one. I am amazed at how much it has gotten worse in the last three years. Amazed but not surprised given that the people and the government there tolerate it and are even so silly as to hold graffitti contests (last summer). How dumb can you get?

BTW, it isn't just temperature that makes for comfort. Most people also prefer sunshine to cloudiness. All of the Pacific NW has the latter in great abundance. Now add in the length of the dark in winter. Agree that crime for the size of the place is disproportionate compared to Canada, but this area wins the climate discussion hands down.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:25 am

awana wrote:Mexico has only about two months of the year that are more comfortable than Vancouver.

Now you really do need to get your head out of your ass. Best for you to stay in Vancouver. You must be in a coma the other shitty 6 months of the year there......unless you like the rain.

And Susan.....the border is only 1000km or so to the north. I'll be happy to give you a ride so you can settle back in the good ole USA.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 am

Johnnyboy:

Once again your elitist attitudes and ignorance have come to the surface! Having lived in various countries overseas and also numerous places in the US, I have found that the adage about where you live is what you make of it to be quite true. You don't see me bragging up any one area as being the best or for that matter, the worst. To use an example, try Bombay, India in the late 50's and early 60's. On one hand, I could generalize and say that it was nothing more than a "hellhole" but guess what? I was able to experience some memorable things there and if nothing else, I learned a great deal to file away in both the memory bank and experience bank.

Bragging that one lives in the premier gated community that now seems to have changed to one of the three best means absolutely NADA to me! We have been here since Monday and will stay until next Tuesday and in that eight day period, I can virtually guarantee that we will have compiled more Mexican experience in Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque, Tonala, Tequila and Amititan than you have in your ten years of living in Mexico!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:47 am

cheenagringo quote = "We have been here since Monday and will stay until next Tuesday and in that eight day period, I can virtually guarantee that we will have compiled more Mexican experience in Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque, Tonala, Tequila and Amititan than you have in your ten years of living in Mexico!"

And you're probably travelling for business too correct??
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:43 am

CanuckBob wrote:
awana wrote:Mexico has only about two months of the year that are more comfortable than Vancouver.

Now you really do need to get your head out of your ass. Best for you to stay in Vancouver. You must be in a coma the other shitty 6 months of the year there......unless you like the rain.

And Susan.....the border is only 1000km or so to the north. I'll be happy to give you a ride so you can settle back in the good ole USA.
I'll pay for the gas.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:15 pm

God, if (m)any of you went to some nice areas in Guad and lost the fear of driving you may forget all about the Chapala area.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:05 pm

it is immature to care what someone else thinks, or tell them "how" they "should" think. cheenagringo: maybe john does not care about the "mexican experience". why is your life more valid? someone one can live here & NOT care about "experience"- you are listening to too much jimmy hendricks. grow up. not everyone has the same modivations as YOU. if someone moves to mexico & spends all day @ dominos, thats valid for them. my experience may not be yours. johns business is his private business. its called different people. hello! if you come to my home town, do what ever you want! not what i think is cool. canuckbob: i have never been to the "border" that sounds scary. thanks for the ride anyway. always nice to hear from you!

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:17 pm

What is the Mexican experience?

To some it is living in Six Corners in Ajijic.

I live it daily, mixing with the general population but the educated ones, I'm too old for ghetto or favela adventures. I wouldn't live in a Texas trailer park (or 8 mile in Detroit) to get to know America and bring home the 7-11 and McDonalds workers for meals but then maybe I just lack the culture that some others have.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:22 pm

awana is correct. it is what it is. there is something really strange about the people who move to mexico/central america. they cant just be happy w/themselves. they have to defend it. why? so you live here. sooo??? personally i dont care what anyone thinks of my home town, my favorite vacation stop, or me for that matter. (but then again i know who i am, what i like). one mans meat is another mans poison. one macdonalds is the same as another. trash is trash, nice is nice, but thats only an opinion. birds of a feather flock together.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:17 pm

John:

If you remember the old Gong Show - you have just been gonged for a wrong answer! This trip was dedicated to Kathy's dental work and some fun time for the two of us. In fact, we didn't even bring business cards with us. As a stretch you might say that all of the photos that I am taking may be work related because some may end up on our website but to be quite honest, even taking the photos contributes to the fun and learning experience.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:23 pm

why does an "experience" mean it has to be w/the POOR? or the ignorant? i saw my first trailer when i visited here. walking thru san antonio, a true "experience" by some standards. what is so offensive about stereotypes, is that they are so often true. i saw the tt. (ok, the"WT"). no thanks, & no description necessary. if i toured americana it would not be in a trailer camp. i had the "mexican experience" AND "tt" @the same time. no need to follow up on this. then again, what ever you like is your pleasure. i keep it real, but come on, enough is enough. dont come to me for travel advice.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by awana Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:08 am

Sounds like CanuckBob is a good candidate to become an expat in Mexico where the weather is hot the food and drinks good and the best thing to do is laze around in your flowery shorts with hairy legs stretch out gut hanging out and further feed that sedentary lifestyle.
There is nothing wrong with four seasons, all you have to do is dress for it. Plus it's refreshing. Did you ever wonder why the Northern parts of the world are the most industrious with the better amenities?

awana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:19 am

Because they had to keep moving in order not to freeze to death? Very Happy

Living this climate and lifestyle is my reward for a lifetime of being industrious. BTW, and this is only my experience, I have found it much easier to stay in shape and control my weight here because the food is healthier and I can get out and walk to a bunch of stuff year round.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartdude Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 am

The small city (under 200,000) in Canada that we come from had over 3,000 crimes against the person, and almost 12,000 property crimes in 2010.

Bartdude
Bartdude
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Almost nuthin better than a good laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:13 am

awana wrote:Sounds like CanuckBob is a good candidate to become an expat in Mexico where the weather is hot the food and drinks good and the best thing to do is laze around in your flowery shorts with hairy legs stretch out gut hanging out and further feed that sedentary lifestyle.
There is nothing wrong with four seasons, all you have to do is dress for it. Plus it's refreshing. Did you ever wonder why the Northern parts of the world are the most industrious with the better amenities?

Already ahead of you. We have our one way tickets booked for March. See you there.

BTW.......how did you know about my flowery shorts?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:16 am

A US experience for me was to visit New York including the Bronx and Harlem. New Orleans the good and the bad live, on the West coast and visit and work in 13 Western States, visit the parks and every city good and bad as well.
A Mexican experience is visiting Mexico City and many other cities, living in Ajijic near 6th corners and in San Cristobal de las Casas, being friends with some very wealthy people there as well as indigenous people it is not being part of one class or another.
Only meeting and mixing with educated Mexicans is the same thing as only meeting with the poor, you are missing a huge part of the experience.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:41 am

awana: prestigious universities are always in colder climates, you are correct. anyway it is canuckbob's right to live where ever he wants. it does get chilly here in the mornings & @night. mainecoons lived where there was nothing but fast food or crappy supermarkets. (??) i cant imagine this, seeing a vegetable is a newer experience? or some 2 star food? or walking? or they come from really sleezy places, they don't know the difference. lack of worldly knowledge never ceases to amaze. you can sell most of these people anything. few have roots or an identity, they hang on to some crappy mexican town & glorify. where no cares about them anyway. they deserve what they get. they have to constantly defend where they live. have you heard of anyone defending palm beach? when you have something, or are someone, you live your life. end of case. rah rah rah is for fringe. most of these people are looking @ life from a lower perspective. they are pathetic, but ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by susan on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added sentences)

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:42 pm

susan wrote:awana: prestigious universities are always in colder climates, you are correct. anyway it is canuckbob's right to live where ever he wants. it does get chilly here in the mornings & @night. mainecoons lived where there was nothing but fast food or crappy supermarkets. (??) i cant imagine this, seeing a vegetable is a newer experience? or some 2 star food? or walking? or they come from really sleezy places, they don't know the difference. lack of worldly knowledge never ceases to amaze. you can sell most of these people anything. few have roots or an identity, they hang on to some crappy mexican town & glorify. where no cares about them anyway. they deserve what they get. they have to constantly defend where they live. have you heard of anyone defending palm beach? when you have something, or are someone, you live your life. end of case. rah rah rah is for fringe. most of these people are looking @ life from a lower perspective. they are pathetic, but ignorance is bliss.

Susan, do you ever have any contact with the home planet or the mothership or have they left you here alone on Earth?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:00 pm

susan wrote:they are no fat people in 10022. only the help, but they go home.
WTF
Bob I will pay for the cuotas as well as the gas to get this pendeja to the border if youre still willing to drive her.Granted your sacrifice being much greater than mine,maybe you could tie her to the roof rack,might make the drive more pleasant for you.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:42 pm

And, getting back to the subject of the thread, a third execution victim is found in Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos, this time tied up and shot in the El Rodeo neighborhood:

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2012/350616/6/ejecutan-a-un-hombre-en-el-rodeo.htm

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:11 pm

And now a fourth body in Ixtlahuacán, this one found this morning in three packages at the bus stop in the Los Olivos subdivision:

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2012/350972/6/en-ixtlahuacan-de-los-membrillos-es-localizada-una-persona-descuartizada.htm

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey1953 Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:44 pm

People in AJijic must be terrified

mikey1953

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next