INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has the Narco shit changed anyone's "trip to Mexico" plans?

+21
RONINMN
Axixic
rjf1943
hound dog
Mainecoons
johninajijic
angela04101
cosalamx
hockables
lunateak
simpsca
David
oncesubtle
macmember
espíritu del lago
bobnliz
wowoh
CanuckBob
pan tachigual
Rolly
kipissippi
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Has the Narco shit changed anyone's "trip to Mexico" plans? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has the Narco shit changed anyone's "trip to Mexico" plans?

Post by Mainecoons Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:24 pm

So you are flying in and renting cars, CG? How do you get the stuff you're buying to sell back up there?

Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has the Narco shit changed anyone's "trip to Mexico" plans? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has the Narco shit changed anyone's "trip to Mexico" plans?

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:26 pm

viajero wrote:
RoofBob wrote:
You got that right fearless. In 1979 while traipsing through central America I found myself in Managua, Nicaragua the day the city fell to the Sandinistas. Had I been able to find an English newspaper in El Salvador I would have flown to Costa Rica, but no, I wandered into the middle of a war.
What a small world!I took a Tica BUS from El Salvador to Costa Rica passing through Nicaragua in 1979 shortly before Somoza fell,I was glad to get to San Jose for sure.

Yeah, small world alright. "79"??? You probably drove right past our small ranch on the Pan-Am hiway just south of Liberia. Should have stopped in for some scrambled eggs, black beans, and rice.
Remember the Mexican restaurant on Av Central in S.J.--down toward the west end.
The Ticos used to call me an "ándele" because of my Mexican accented Spanish.

Do either one of you remember Eden Pastora?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:35 pm

"So you are flying in and renting cars, CG? How do you get the stuff you're buying to sell back up there?"

Depending on size of orders, FedEx Ground or freight consolidator based in Guadalajara. With the exception of a few pieces, our mini van was a large shopping cart for personal items.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:56 pm

slainte39 wrote:
viajero wrote:
RoofBob wrote:
You got that right fearless. In 1979 while traipsing through central America I found myself in Managua, Nicaragua the day the city fell to the Sandinistas. Had I been able to find an English newspaper in El Salvador I would have flown to Costa Rica, but no, I wandered into the middle of a war.
What a small world!I took a Tica BUS from El Salvador to Costa Rica passing through Nicaragua in 1979 shortly before Somoza fell,I was glad to get to San Jose for sure.

Yeah, small world alright. "79"??? You probably drove right past our small ranch on the Pan-Am hiway just south of Liberia. Should have stopped in for some scrambled eggs, black beans, and rice.
Remember the Mexican restaurant on Av Central in S.J.--down toward the west end.

Dang, shoulda dropped in for some gallo pinto. Don't remember the Eden Pastora but went right past your place many times to get to the Bramadero restaurant from my place in Playa Del Coco. Oh the Bramaderooooooo!
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 pm

slainte39 wrote:
viajero wrote:
RoofBob wrote:

Comandante Zero, I traveled up the Canales Tortugeros on a coconut barge up to the border where he settled after losing favor with the Sandinistas and set up a shark fishing business.
What were you doing up in Guanacaste, cowboy country,nicas regaladas jajaja.
Had my fill of gallo pinto.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:25 pm

RoofBob wrote:
Dang, shoulda dropped in for some gallo pinto. Don't remember the Eden Pastora but went right past your place many times to get to the Bramadero restaurant from my place in Playa Del Coco. Oh the Bramaderooooooo!
Just for kicks I googled the Bramadero, on the map there's a Burger King across the street from it,my goodness, how times change,Burger Kings in Guanacaste who'd a thought.
Be happy to talk about the good ole days with either of you.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 pm

The Bramadero...never stayed there, but I do remember it...right down town by the church if I remember correctly.
What was I doing there?... tending the cebus and brahmas, curing the cruda caused by aguardiente, fighting with the cattle buyer in San Jose, fighting off conversion by the Baha'i's....and other noble tasks Very Happy

Eden Pastora...you got him right. Over in the jungles and swamps of NE Costa Rica, on the other side of the cordillera, fighting the Somocistas. He attended the U de G right here in Guad. at one time. Often wondered what happened to him.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:12 pm

Lived on Coco beach in the 70's. All the seafood, fruit, chicken and gallo pinto you could eat but there was no red meat. So every few weeks we'd make a pilgrimage Bromadero restaurant. They served the biggest, juiciest steaks ever, a baked potato, fresh vegetables and with a beer. The tab was 5 bucks worth of colonies and sucha deal.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I need a reason?)
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3