INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMPLY THAI Restaurant Review

4 posters

Go down

SIMPLY THAI Restaurant Review Empty SIMPLY THAI Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Six of us from our Bi Monthly Dinner Club ate at SIMPLY THAI on Friday night. We ordered different drinks. Some ordered Thai Tea. I don't know what's in it. A couple ordered Margaritas.

We ordered our appetizers, most of us getting Crispy Spring Rolls. It said 2 to an order, but they brought 3. 35 pesos per order. If you want Shrimp, it's 45 pesos per order. The spring rolls are "deeelicious".

We ordered our main meals. Three ordered Pad Thai, you can get it from mild to spicy. One ordered Beef with vegetable stir fry, one ordered a special salad, don't know what it was. I ordered Shrimp and Chicken Fried Rice. The portions are huge. You will end up taking some home or you can split an order. Everyone liked their food very much.

We highly recommend Simply Thai restaurant.
Ramon Corona # 11 (across from LCS)
766 5665
Closed on Thursday
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

SIMPLY THAI Restaurant Review Empty Re: SIMPLY THAI Restaurant Review

Post by hound dog Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Dawg seconds John´s high recommendation for Simply Thai. We became acquainted with Thai food when that first became the rage in San Francisco back in the 1980s and also took a culinary vacation to Bangkok and Chang Mai in the 1980s where we enjoyed outstanding Thai food in many great local (non-tourist) restaurants. Although Simply Thai got off to a poor star when they first opened some time ago, they now have it together big time serving very good and authentically Thai food which they serve to Dawg in extremely spicy fashion according to my wishes while serving my darlin´ wife with only moderate spices according to her wishes. They will also serve their food only mildly spiced for those preferring that method of preparation.

Recently, part owner Thip Phonsavath, who is Lao by birth, opened their new take out place just west of Ajijic known as Thai 2 Go which is located next to the new hamburger place known as Tajoh Burger both of which are located on the south side of the Ajijic-Jocotepec Carretera just beyond the Japanese nursery and PEMEX station and adjacent OXXO about a kilometer beyond the western edge of Ajijic. You can´t miss it as these businesses are within the new tope zone just recently installed. Thai 2 Go is open from 1:00PM to at least 6:30PM five days a week on Fridays through Tuesdays. Their telephone has just been installed so you can call them to order of inquire as to their opening hours at 766-3415. Once you pick up their take-out menu you can order over the telephone and your order wil be ready when you get there. They have a couple of tables set up next to the carretera where you can dine if you wish but this is primarily a take out place.

Dawg has found the food at Thai 2 Go to be every bit as good as the food at their main restaurant in Ajijic Centro and since we live in West Ajijic, we usually buy takeout there and eat at home rather than journey downtown. Just last night, in fact, I had the Pad Thai prepared extra spicy, my wife had the Massaman Chicken Curry moderately spiced and we split orders of Crispy Spring Rolls (3 per order) and Fresh Summer Rolls (2 per order). Everything was absolutely delicious.

Simply Thai and Thai 2 Go are great additions to the local culinary scene and each location has an extensive menu from which to choose. Dawg, who is fanatical about Thai food, recommends either location for great Thai food.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Well now Dawg, and Brigitte, that does sound mighty tempting especially for those of us in the west end. Thanks for the number. I'm assuming that's for the Thai 2 go place?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Dawg - Are you sure that's the correct number as it's the same as the main restaurant in Ajijic Centro. Could be the telephone company can split the lines??
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:12 pm

I corrected the number in the post above. The number for Thai 2 Go is 766-3415.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:41 pm

johninajijic wrote:Dawg - Are you sure that's the correct number as it's the same as the main restaurant in Ajijic Centro. Could be the telephone company can split the lines??

John:
That number, 766-3415, was printed on theThai 2 Go take-out menu I picked up on premise. They show the number of Simply Thai on that menu as 766-5665. Thai 2 Go just got their phone operational yesterday so maybe there is a mistake. It really doesn´t matter as the first time one orders there it is a good idea to go there and review the full menu, which is quite extensive, before deciding what to order. To tell you the truth, I always drive over to Thai 2 Go from our place at Six Corners and order in person because I like to review the menu before deciding what to order and sometimes they may have something on special that day that otherwise I wouldn´t know about. For instance, yesterday, they had a variation of the crispy spring rolls made with chicken, cashew nuts and vegetables as well as the usual crispy spring rolls made with ground pork, noodles and vegetables. It´s an easy wait for an order made upon arrival at the place as one can relax and sit at one of the two outdoor tables and enjoy a cold beer or wine from Thai 2 Go or Tajoh Burger just next door while waiting for one´s order.

Oops! I see CB corrected the telephone number as, apparently, Dawg posted the wrong number originally so all is well. Teamwork. See you guys there.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down