INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cashing Mexico Issued Checks

5 posters

Go down

Cashing Mexico Issued Checks Empty Cashing Mexico Issued Checks

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Without a Mexican bank account, (peso) where does one cash checks issued by Insurance company? Are there fees? What ID is required.

Thank You in advance,

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Cashing Mexico Issued Checks Empty Re: Cashing Mexico Issued Checks

Post by Intercasa Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Check MUST be made exactly as shown on your ID (passport) and you need to go where you have an account to deposit or the bank it was drawn on.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Will we need Utility bill? Spencer this the ongoing SAGA of Allianz, in addition to issue you are working on. The day after surgery, preapproved direct pay to surgeon, they insisted on reimbursement, and submission of proper facturas. So the check will be sent to me for reimbursement.....YA GOTTA LOVE INSURANCE NAZI"S Cashing Mexico Issued Checks 87465

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:39 pm

No utility bill needed BUT Mexican banks are very strict and there are timelines to cash a check or they don't have to honor them so don't hold checks.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Spencer, there alot of people moving here....thinking cheap medical insurance. I have had 2 claims in 7 years, both have turned into nightmares, Beyond my 2 spoke to a friend that has been here for 16 years with New York Life......they filed their first claim, one year ago....Hernia, after one year not reimbursed, as New York Life claims preexisting condition. Where do people go to file complaints, and who do they contact for help? I would be over 120,000 ahead of the game paying cash!

CBOB, I know this thread belongs in, Legal, Medical, and general info! Just want all Newbies to area understand that they will accept you....in great health.....when you sign up....file a claim 3 or 4 years after sign up....you will go under great scrutiny.

Thank you for reply.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:26 pm

nothing more depressing than sick people... thatz why I don't go visiting in hospitals... they're full of sick people....

I wouldn't want to be an Insurance Adjuster... It'd be like working at Sears Return Department....

Piss & Moan.....Piss & Moan

by the way... U feel'n better Jimbo?

Last edited by hockables on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:28 am

I’ve had had one claim that it is still on going, through AXA, agent Jesus Tejeda (the absolutely best and if you have any question, I forgot my pass port and needed to write a 10k check to the hospital, he took my check and wrote a personal check from his account, WOW!, this just doesn’t happen in real life.) Granted we’ve known him for a while. My claims are getting somewhere around $750K USD and never any problems. Now my illness is very obvious, it was a virus that crippled me in a couple weeks, nothing that could have happened prior.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:23 am

hockables wrote:nothing more depressing than sick people... thatz why I don't go visiting in hospitals... they're full of sick people....

I wouldn't want to be an Insurance Adjuster... It'd be like working at Sears Return Department....

Piss & Moan.....Piss & Moan

by the way... U feel'n better Jimbo?

Hocks, All is good....played golf 3 times since surgery, plus phys. therapy...life is good Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Intercasa wrote:No utility bill needed BUT Mexican banks are very strict and there are timelines to cash a check or they don't have to honor them so don't hold checks.

Spencer....Check was drawn on HSBC, and they refused to cash it as Insurance printed on front of check....deposit only....since I don't have account......tried to open one.....had everything....EXCEPT U guessed it.....UTILITY bill, and they won't open an account without current utility bill..... Basta Cashing Mexico Issued Checks 633732
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Ok, so check was for deposit only and you needed an account and then there is the separate issue of requirements to open an account.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:56 pm

The reason the bank would not cash the "check" presented by Jim W. was that he was not the recipient of a "check" from the insurance company but a "bank draft" which is another type of negotiable order to pay altogether. The draft, unlike a check, is only valid when actually paid by the insurance company so the bank requires the person negotiating the draft to open an account so it holds custody to the funds until the payor has agreed to honor the draft.

When any of you are faced with this situation, simply open an account and make your initial deposit the draft. I believe you will need to open the account at the bank upon which the draft is drawn and the bank will put a hold on the funds deposited until the payor has honored the draft. You will need to be able to meet the account opening criteria of the bank asked to honor the draft whatever those criteria may be including proof of address in the form of something such as a utility bill. Once you have access to the account, if you don´t want to maintain an account at that financial institution, withdraw all the funds and get the hell out of there.

Drafts are sort of an old fashioned instrument rarely seen. Insurance companies love them as do used car dealers who might give you a draft upon your having signed over title to your car to the dealer only to later fail to honor the draft. This is an especially big problem for you if you own a U.S. plated car you sell back in the states while living in Mexico. You could get back home to Ajijic with a draft that is a worthless instrument after having signed over title to your car to some crooked used car dealer in Texas who has re-sold the car with clean title and then fails to honor the draft and you are screwed.
Smokealot
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:09 pm

hound dog wrote:The reason the bank would not cash the "check" presented by Jim W. was that he was not the recipient of a "check" from the insurance company but a "bank draft" which is another type of negotiable order to pay altogether. The draft, unlike a check, is only valid when actually paid by the insurance company so the bank requires the person negotiating the draft to open an account so it holds custody to the funds until the payor has agreed to honor the draft.

When any of you are faced with this situation, simply open an account and make your initial deposit the draft. I believe you will need to open the account at the bank upon which the draft is drawn and the bank will put a hold on the funds deposited until the payor has honored the draft. You will need to be able to meet the account opening criteria of the bank asked to honor the draft whatever those criteria may be including proof of address in the form of something such as a utility bill. Once you have access to the account, if you don´t want to maintain an account at that financial institution, withdraw all the funds and get the hell out of there.

Drafts are sort of an old fashioned instrument rarely seen. Insurance companies love them as do used car dealers who might give you a draft upon your having signed over title to your car to the dealer only to later fail to honor the draft. This is an especially

big problem for you if you own a U.S. plated car you sell back in the states while living in Mexico. You could get back home to Ajijic with a draft that is a worthless instrument after having signed over title to your car to some crooked used car dealer in Texas who has re-sold the car with clean title and then fails to honor the draft and you are screwed.
Smokealot

Dawg ...cocktail hour....It is a check not draft....from insurance company.... Beer Beer I am recipient....made out to me
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down