INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRICES IN USA

+2
viajero
Jim W
6 posters

Go down

PRICES IN USA Empty PRICES IN USA

Post by Jim W Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Total shock.....started smoking after surgery....dumb move....got to Arizona......bought a pack of Marlboro 100 lights....$9.99 plus 9.7% sales tax. In Chapala, 370 pesos per carton. We bought a spiral sliced ham for $17.00....in Mx 500 pesos......tooooo funny.....There are balances Dead Horse What I did learn, as I smoke a pack per day, if I quit.....In the US, I will save 0ver $300.00 per month, in Mexico, I will save $100.00 per month. Dead Horse
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

PRICES IN USA Empty Re: PRICES IN USA

Post by viajero Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:45 pm

I wish you hadn't mentioned those $17 spiral sliced hams,thats sort of a sore spot for me.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Well, Jim you can drive a few miles east and we are paying $5.99 (when buying two packs) plus regular sales tax. $13.48 for two packs.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Jim W wrote:Total shock.....started smoking after surgery....dumb move....got to Arizona......bought a pack of Marlboro 100 lights....$9.99 plus 9.7% sales tax. In Chapala, 370 pesos per carton. We bought a spiral sliced ham for $17.00....in Mx 500 pesos......tooooo funny.....There are balances Dead Horse What I did learn, as I smoke a pack per day, if I quit.....In the US, I will save 0ver $300.00 per month, in Mexico, I will save $100.00 per month. Dead Horse

And if you quit smoking think of how many spiral sliced hams you can buy in either country. lol!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:20 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Well, Jim you can drive a few miles east and we are paying $5.99 (when buying two packs) plus regular sales tax. $13.48 for two packs.

Neil, need to quit again.......I was el stupido....starting again....probably smokin a bowl would do less damage LOL

Jim w
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:29 pm

viajero wrote:I wish you hadn't mentioned those $17 spiral sliced hams,thats sort of a sore spot for me.

Also bought 20 pounds of russets, and a turkey, 30 cents per pound. Life is good amigo Beer Beer Beer plus 10 pounds of London broil....$2.98 per pound Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:31 pm

simpsca wrote:
Jim W wrote:Total shock.....started smoking after surgery....dumb move....got to Arizona......bought a pack of Marlboro 100 lights....$9.99 plus 9.7% sales tax. In Chapala, 370 pesos per carton. We bought a spiral sliced ham for $17.00....in Mx 500 pesos......tooooo funny.....There are balances Dead Horse What I did learn, as I smoke a pack per day, if I quit.....In the US, I will save 0ver $300.00 per month, in Mexico, I will save $100.00 per month. Dead Horse

And if you quit smoking think of how many spiral sliced hams you can buy in either country. lol!

You are so right.......Mas tequila on what is saved......C U Thursday

jim w
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 am

and here in Mexico, at least lakeside, you don't have the people on the streets trying to bum cigarettes.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:06 am

And I'm thinking about his health also - I know it must be really difficult to quit but the money it costs and the benefits to you health to stop.

See you all Thursday. PS I need a non-smokers end of the table on Thurs. - I have severe asthma and cigarette smoke sets it off as well as these pretty trees we have blooming right now.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:35 am

When it comes to food, you might be pleasantly surprised at how much less expensive most food items are, not all. We checked prices at a major grocery chain in So Cali when we were there last year.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down