INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Routing Advice to Acapulco?

+2
Intercasa
CheenaGringo
6 posters

Go down

Routing Advice to Acapulco? Empty Routing Advice to Acapulco?

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 pm

I am currently assisting some people trying to plan a drive in a fully loaded Nissan pickup pulling a small trailer from Santa Teresa, NM to Acapulco. We are very comfortable providing advice for the segments through Zacatecas and on to Leon, GTO or even Irapuato, GTO. The mystery part is from there on. A number of the Internet routing services typically traverse the western side of Mexico City and my gut feeling is that this isn't a great idea?

This couple is starting from Northern California and I know this isn't the ideal route for them but [u]they have to go through Santa Teresa because of some arrangement they have already made so that the Mexican husband can nationalize the pickup.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Routing Advice to Acapulco? Empty Re: Routing Advice to Acapulco?

Post by Intercasa Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:36 pm

I think there are 2 options and near Mx city is best or else you will go windy road around Colima. A client did it and hated it.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Having hauled a trailer down the coast road 15 and 200 from Nogales south to Chiapas, it would be better to use an inland route, to Hwy 95.

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Here is the typical routing suggested on a number of routing options:

[img]Routing Advice to Acapulco? Mc_rou10[/img]

I was thinking Irapuato to Morelia via the cuota and then towards Toluca and on down:

[img]Routing Advice to Acapulco? Moreli10[/img]

Since I have no personal experience along that route once one leaves Morelia, I hesitate suggesting it without some sort of confirmation by someone who might have driven this route.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by papirex Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:03 pm

I too, have no personal experience driving the route through Toluca, but unless a person has a very good reason to visit Toluca, I would avoid going through Toluca if at all possible. The road from Toluca to Cuernavaca is the old two lane Libre, you will not go faster than the slowest truck on it, and there will be many of them. It is usually an all day drive from Toluca to Cuernavaca.

It was announced that a new road was to be built connecting Toluca with the Cuota, Highway 95D, From México City to Cuernavaca about 4 or 5 years ago. No work on the new road has been done yet.

I live in Cuernavaca, my late Mexican wife and I used to go to Guadalajara and Ajijic about once a year to visit some of her relatives there. We would always drive through México City to Queretero and then across to Jalisco. We came back home the same way. I cannot remember the names of the streets now, but From Queretero To México City, the first two turn offs to the right will take you across the northern part of Mexico City to the cuota (toll road) to Cuernavaca, It may be necessary to ask for directions in Spanish, simply ask for the Cuota to Cuernavaca. It is about a one hour drive to get to Cuernavaca. If you stay on highway 95D, you can bypass Cuernavaca, it is about a 3 or 4 hour drive to Acapulco on a good superhighway from here.

A sobrino from México City took my suegra there earlier this year, My wife and I used to go to Acapulco about once a year too. No biggie to get there from here.

Rex
papirex
papirex

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Rex:

Thank you for your response! A couple of questions assuming that they decide on the Mexico City route:
1) Does the cuota you mentioned have the Mexico City license plate restrictions which dictate certain days you cannot drive?
2) Since they will be driving a newly nationalized vehicle achieved in the State of Chihuahua, I am not sure just what license plates they will have. What are the chances they will be hassled by the police?
3) Is there a certain time of day that you would recommend given the fact that they will be pulling a small home built utility trailer?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:22 pm

papirex wrote:I too, have no personal experience driving the route through Toluca, but unless a person has a very good reason to visit Toluca, I would avoid going through Toluca if at all possible. The road from Toluca to Cuernavaca is the old two lane Libre, you will not go faster than the slowest truck on it, and there will be many of them. It is usually an all day drive from Toluca to Cuernavaca.

It was announced that a new road was to be built connecting Toluca with the Cuota, Highway 95D, From México City to Cuernavaca about 4 or 5 years ago. No work on the new road has been done yet.

I live in Cuernavaca, my late Mexican wife and I used to go to Guadalajara and Ajijic about once a year to visit some of her relatives there. We would always drive through México City to Queretero and then across to Jalisco. We came back home the same way. I cannot remember the names of the streets now, but From Queretero To México City, the first two turn offs to the right will take you across the northern part of Mexico City to the cuota (toll road) to Cuernavaca, It may be necessary to ask for directions in Spanish, simply ask for the Cuota to Cuernavaca. It is about a one hour drive to get to Cuernavaca. If you stay on highway 95D, you can bypass Cuernavaca, it is about a 3 or 4 hour drive to Acapulco on a good superhighway from here.

A sobrino from México City took my suegra there earlier this year, My wife and I used to go to Acapulco about once a year too. No biggie to get there from here.

Rex

Good to see you still amongst the Postings Rex....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 pm

I have gone from Morelia to Toluca and on to Acapulco and it is a good road (was 5 years ago) and no problems.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by papirex Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 pm

There are no exceptions for foreign, or out of state plates for the Hoy no Circula law. Try this link to find out which days a car is prohibited from driving, based on the ending number of the license plate. My own license plate ends with the number 3, so I cannot drive there on Wednesdays, and the third Saturday of every month.

Living in Morelos state, I could pay extra for a o permit, so I could drive there every day, but they are not worth the extra expense to me, plus they must be renewed every six months.

I don't know about a trailer license, they may be covered by the towing vehicles license plate, but I really don't know. The Hoy No Circula law is suspended every night from 10 PM until 6 AM, so everyone may drive then, not very convenient though.

Rex
papirex
papirex

Back to top Go down

Post by papirex Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 am

Sorry, power problems last night, the link was lost, it is:
http://www.locatel.df.gob.mx/?9=node/35

Rex
papirex
papirex

Back to top Go down

Post by papirex Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 am

Initiation

Services

Government Programs

Structure

Statistics

Agenda

Search
Search this site:

Facebook

Sites of Interest

Initiation
Hoy No Circula

Information

Provides data on the days when a vehicle can travel, in accordance with its license plate number and color of your decal, as well as the emergency measures that apply when there is an environmental contingency.

DAILY
LIMITATION OF MOVEMENT FROM MONDAY TO SATURDAY

SCHEDULE:
From 5:00 am to 22:00 pm for private cars and from 10:00 am to 22:00 pm for Public Passenger Service. (Taxis, minibuses and trucks in the Federal District and Mexico State)

Monday
5, 6
Yellow
Tuesday
7 and 8
Pink
Wednesday
3 and 4
Red
Thursday
1 and 2
Green
Friday
9, 0
Blue Provisional Permits for driving without license plates and registration without number
Saturday
began on July 5, 2008
The first Saturday of each month
Vehicles with yellow sticky and termination plates 5 and 6;

The second Saturday of each month
Vehicles with pink sticker and termination plates 7 and 8;

The third Saturday of each month
The red sticker vehicles and completion of plates 3 ​​and 4;

The fourth Saturday of each month
The green sticker vehicles and completion of plates 1 and 2;

The fifth Saturday in those months containing it
gummed vehicles with blue and ending plate 9 and 0, or registration certificates that do not have pre-assigned license plate number and
Sunday
Does not apply the Hoy No Circula, except to declare any contingency, so you should be aware of the media or to communicate LOCATEL 56581111 and see if the contingency was declared yesterday.
EXEMPT:
Those who carry hologram 0 or 00 issued by the Federal District Government or the State of Mexico or performing verification Volunteer Abroad or other entities and obtain these holograms.
Those who carry hologram 0 or 00 issued by the states of Hidalgo, Puebla, Queretaro and Morelos on the plates of the same entities, (no checks can be performed in other states Voluntary these Entities)
Those for medical services, public safety, fire, rescue, civil protection and urban services, which use electricity; school bus with the express, funeral processions and funeral services that are providing the service, those led by people with disabilities , which have respective nameplates and the Federal Public Service for passenger transport.
LIMITATION OF VEHICLES AND ABROAD foreigners from 05:00 AM to 11:00 AM
All light duty motor vehicles and cargo owners (cars, vans and pick up) with foreign license plates or other federal entities other than the State of Mexico and Mexico City, who do not carry the hologram verification vehicular "Double Zero" or "zero", should limit its circulation from Monday to Friday from 05:00 am to 11:00 am

If I fail to measure who can stop me?
City police, state or city, within their respective competencies, provide the vehicle for such vehicles deposit with the corresponding fine.

How much is the fine?
The penalty for not complying with this provision both within the State of Mexico and Mexico City is 20 days minimum wage (Traffic Regulations of the State of Mexico and Metropolitan Traffic Regulations of the Federal District), plus costs of drag and Using floor of sending the vehicle into a tank vehicle, which will remain until the end of the time constraint.

Requirements for service:
Hologram "0" and "00".
Emergency services (ambulance, fire, civil defense, public safety, etc.).
Funeral processions in service.
Transporting disabled people.
Medical emergencies.
Accredited school transport.

MORE INFORMATION:
For states: 01800-831-4456 For the metropolitan area:
Telephone: (55) 5278-9931(55) 5278-9931
Locatel: 5658-1111
Ecotel: 01800 2320835
hoynocircula@sma.df.gob.mx
sma@edomex.gob.mx
http://www.sma.df.gob.mx
http://www.edomexico.gob.mx

LIMITATION OF VEHICLES AND ABROAD foreigners from 05:00 AM to 11:00 AM8 (PDF)
Requirements for service:
LOCATEL call to 56581111
Provide the following information:
Plate number, permit and / or Proof vehicles.
Color of the sticker.
Entity of the vehicle.

Original Text:
Estadísticas
Show alternative translations

papirex
papirex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down