INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Board meeting was any thing but boring

+9
SunFan
Parker
Solovino
hockables
CanuckBob
Traveller
simpsca
CheenaGringo
Jim W
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Board meeting was any thing but boring - Page 2 Empty Re: Board meeting was any thing but boring

Post by frkshnwa Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:40 am

We had a great time at the board meeting and the after meet at the El Bar. It was great meeting everyone and looking forward to another get together in the months to come. We had to leave for a short business meeting when the pictures were taken......we really weren't hiding from the camera. We are enjoying finally getting settled in here and look forward to meeting some of you who couldn't attend in the future. Frank & Shannon

frkshnwa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Board meeting was any thing but boring - Page 2 Empty Re: Board meeting was any thing but boring

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:44 am

hockables wrote:truth be told.... it wuz " whoa Mule " whether it be a camel, elephant, or horse.... and he wuz usually whacking him over the head or ass... depending on the intended direction...

I've always held Yosemite Sam in the highest regard....

Yosemite on the camel. For your viewing pleasure:

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:46 am

You are correct, CB, that was Yosemite Sam not Foghorn Leghorn as we both know and as we and hockables know, he always exclaimed that just after whacking the camel (or mule,what the hell) on the head. Foghorn Leghorn was also a great character who reminded me of any number of southern politicians but especially Alabama State Representative from the 1950s Bill Boykin whose motto was "Everything is made for love" and who, it is reputed, bought up hundreds of miles of worthless Alabama swamplands north of Mobile where, as it happened, I-65 was routed to pass a few years thereafter. Imagine the business acumen of that fellow who made millions buying up then worthless swampland the value of which was never in dispute until they mapped out that interstate highway route and he was the personification of old Foghorn Leghorn to the point Dawg thinks the guys at Warner Brothers may have designed Foghorn as such.

Can you just imagine those ole swamp bunnies back in the early 50s laughing at that idiot big-city Mobile congressman who was willing to pay them $5 an acre for land for which only a sorry, two-bit alligator had any abiding love?

Dawg has always been a huge admirer of Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn although I am more the personification of Elmer Fudd always trying but never accomplishing killing that damn "wabbit".

Well, at least I now know the intellectual level of some of those with whom I have been communicating electronically.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:56 am

Yosemite on the camel. For your viewing pleasure:

Thanks for the memories, CB. Dawg´s day is made and it´s only 9:56AM.

I should add that Mel Blanc was a treasure. A toast to his wonderful talent.

Beer

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2