INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Brand Toaster Oven Do You Own?

+6
ferret
MexicoPete
hound dog
Parker
hockables
johninajijic
10 posters

Go down

What Brand Toaster Oven Do You Own? Empty What Brand Toaster Oven Do You Own?

Post by johninajijic Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 am

What brand toaster oven do you own? Do you like it? How long have you had it?

If you bought it in Mexico, where did you buy it?

We're thinking of buying a new one. We can't believe our old (approx 15 years) cheapie Black and Decker is still working, but it looks like crap.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What Brand Toaster Oven Do You Own? Empty Re: What Brand Toaster Oven Do You Own?

Post by hockables Sat May 05, 2012 9:31 am

the best thing I can say about these little kitchen appliance questionaires.... at least it aint poetry....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What Brand Toaster Oven Do You Own? Empty Re: What Brand Toaster Oven Do You Own?

Post by Parker Sat May 05, 2012 12:04 pm

We bought a General Electric, four slicer about four months ago. It’s just fine but the larger pieces of bread that we normally enjoy don’t fit, too long. Purchased at Wal-Mart, USA.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat May 05, 2012 4:41 pm

John!

Drip coffee maker, toaster oven? What is this, 1952? Did you make sure you had new re-treads before that road trip to Pensacola? Be sure to stop off at the Sinclair Station to fill up before starting your jouney and make sure you have enough cash to pay that $0.26 per gallon charge plus that $0.10 tip for the young negro who checks your tires and cleans your windshield. Did you change the oil and have the lubrication checked n the Edsel before hitting the road? After all, it´s 130 miles to Pensacola.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat May 05, 2012 6:04 pm

I know I've got a toaster. And that I have an oven. But the only thing that I know how to work is my GE microwave. Oh, I forgot I also know how to use my GE refrigerator. (and how to take ice out of my ice maker)

Seriously, with so many great places to eat out here, (and places for take-out food,) I don't even know where my toaster oven is.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat May 05, 2012 8:08 pm

I bailed on toaster ovens 20 years ago. A royal pain in the butt to keep clean.
If I want toast I'll use a toaster. If I want cheese melted (like tuna melts) I just use a cookie tray (or two) covered in foil and put them in the oven, once it's preheated to 350 F., until the cheese melts. Easy, clean, can use any size bread you want and I'm not using electricity.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat May 05, 2012 10:22 pm

I got a Black and Decker convection oven when we lived in a rental with only a stove top. I bought it at a yard sale but I think she got it in Mexico. I still use it but rarely and it works well.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Mon May 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Oster from Costco...Around $100 US. convection fan, easy clean up, interior light that kicks on when the door is opened...fine for 80% of oven cooking for the 2 of us.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue May 08, 2012 1:22 am

Toaster ovens are energy efficient. Check out "Consumers Reports" ratings. Often, the so called cheaper brands are the best deals, ie. Black and Decker.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue May 08, 2012 2:21 am

I ditched my toaster when I moved here. I also don't have a microwave. I find that there is so much I can do on my comal that there is no need for a toaster or toaster oven. Heck, I even reheat pizza on the comal. Just throw a lid over it and sprinkle a little water to get it to steam and cheese melts nicely.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down