INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NARCO CRUELTY

+7
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
espíritu del lago
Mainecoons
Chapala Payaso
ferret
manymoonsago
11 posters

Go down

NARCO CRUELTY Empty NARCO CRUELTY

Post by manymoonsago Fri May 18, 2012 9:10 pm

La Policiaca has an article about the increasing cruelty in the narco violence which the article suggests began in Uruapan in 2006. The gist is that killing one or two people a day by simply shooting them doesn't have the effect (nor the publicity*) desired, so larger and larger scale gruesome massacres are necessary to get the headlines and achieve desired "shock and awe" on rival cartels and other intended audiences. Makes unfortunate sense.

* simple shooting deaths in the local (mexican) community just don't get any newspaper attention anymore
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

NARCO CRUELTY Empty Re: NARCO CRUELTY

Post by ferret Fri May 18, 2012 9:26 pm

IMHO, the cartels who are performing these massacres are PATHETIC! They don't have the balls or intelligence to identify the enemy (i.e. another cartel) nor do they know how to shoot, or have a business plan or a training plan. They have to kidnap and kill innocent people who can't fight back.
That's making a statement? Like I said...PATHETIC!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Payaso Fri May 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Since the police are a part of the problem along with the government, the message being sent is to eliminate the competition. In addition the Zetas are not so much into narco activity as they are into kidnapping for ransom.

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat May 19, 2012 12:08 am

Then they should eliminate the competition. period.
Kidnapping, terrorizing, killing and mutilating innocent people who may be future potential customers is not a good business practice.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat May 19, 2012 6:31 am

This is about intimidating the population and showing that they are bigger than the government. The U.S. is swarming with narco criminals too, the difference is they know better than to commit acts of terrorism which will bring down the police and homeland security on them and they will shortly be toast. Here, they can get away with it so they do.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 am

Eventually when the atrocities occur on US soil, I predict then and only then will anything be done..Aready it is happening small scale kidnapping and turf wars but when heads start rolling, mass graves,then they will do something. Just let a congressman's kid or a judges family get caught up in the fray. Sad but true.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 19, 2012 8:54 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Eventually when the atrocities occur on US soil, I predict then and only then will anything be done..Aready it is happening small scale kidnapping and turf wars but when heads start rolling, mass graves,then they will do something. Just let a congressman's kid or a judges family get caught up in the fray. Sad but true.

Are you saying that Mexicans will come into the US and do this? Where is it already happening?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat May 19, 2012 9:08 am

Google Phoenix kidnappings.or that lake in Texas can't remember the name of it. Then there was the rancher in Arizona..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 19, 2012 9:21 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Google Phoenix kidnappings.or that lake in Texas can't remember the name of it. Then there was the rancher in Arizona..

And do you know that these people had nothing to do with the drug trade or were not users of drugs. The incident on the lake in Texas is highly suspicious as it was know as a place not to be.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 19, 2012 10:01 am

Good grief, John - you are like a broken record! There have been any number of incidents across the US which can be traced to the Mexican Cartels. Sure they are not on the magnitude of some events in Mexico and as MC pointed out, they realize there is a far greater threat from law enforcement if they should get too carried away. The most obvious incidents that come to mind are those involving ranchers along the borders of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.

As I hypothesized, some of these events in Mexico may be designed to put fear and intimidation into the local population as a form of domestic terrorism. There have been numerous articles in the local media that discuss the fear level amongst the Mexican population in the general area. Just because they are in fear isn't an indicator that they are involved in the drug trade.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sat May 19, 2012 11:56 am

What a difficult life for Johninajijic! To arise each day knowing what a job it is to defend the moral character &n the actions of the Narcos.

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat May 19, 2012 12:13 pm

That's a little harsh. IMO, John simply does not understand what's going on, has limited sources of information and in spite of that..........just won't do what other uninformed people do........shaddup about it, and listen.

There's plenty of other subjects to hold forth on.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 19, 2012 12:24 pm

sundown wrote:What a difficult life for Johninajijic! To arise each day knowing what a job it is to defend the moral character &n the actions of the Narcos.

Smarten up wise ass. You're not going to make friends here by personal attacks. I'm not defending my actions or Narco actions. Compared to here there is little cartel kidnappings or killings in the States. If there was, do you think for one minute that the US would put up with it? They would not. If what was happening in Mexico was happening in the US, the Military would have wiped out the cartels en masse in a very long time ago. The US Military could outgun them 10 to 1.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sat May 19, 2012 12:58 pm

The article in Policiaca commented on the uptick in narco cruelty as a symptom of massive rupture in the historical culture of Mexico. Sure, even in the old days, one could be robbed, or shot, or kidnapped for ransom. I know there were home invasions around the Lake 30 + years ago because my family experienced it firsthand. But, culturally, women and children were once off-limits for criminals. Celebrants in a plaza on Independence Day didn't have to worry about a fragmenting grenade being thrown into their midst. Chainsaw massacres were not yet happening and severed heads were not left leaning against curbs.

Their point was that it used to be enough to shoot a couple of rivals to make your point. But, that got to be rather "business as usual" so the cartels have found it necessary to crank it up to make their point.

It may have seemed "safe" here, but in reality it never was. It's just that the narco message has gotten so much louder those noise cancellation headphones don't work so well anymore.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 19, 2012 1:05 pm

gringal wrote:That's a little harsh. IMO, John simply does not understand what's going on, has limited sources of information and in spite of that..........just won't do what other uninformed people do........shaddup about it, and listen.

There's plenty of other subjects to hold forth on.

Limited sources of information. I think not. We all have our sources, including maids and gardeners. It is that I don't have to be the first one to jump on the forum to post a rumour, then to find out later it WAS ONLY a rumour and not fact. I leave it to the newbies and others here to do that. There is so much misinformation here that the bullshit gets deep.

Example: Were schools closed in Ajijic? Which ones? Some say yes, some say no. What is true?
Were schools closed in Joco or SJC? Some say yes, some say no?
Were the three kidnapped on the Malecon really innocent? Some say yes, I have heard possibly not.
Was there a kidnapping of a girl in Soriana by four gunmen true or not? No information available. A highly suspect rumour?
Were the two waiters kidnapped at a Piedra Barrenada restaurant innocents? No one seems to know for sure and never saw anything about it in newspapers or online?
Are those restaurants involved in anything, I think you know what I mean?
Are killings in those restaurants anything new? No, they are not.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat May 19, 2012 1:36 pm

John, I do sympathise with you. I'm sure you are a nice guy at heart. But please, please don't ever again imply that these young people who were tortured and died so horribly were involved in the drug trade unless you know for certain that they were. And even then, for the sake of their families who are going through Hell, you could shut up just out of common decency. Please.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat May 19, 2012 1:40 pm

"Smarten up wise ass. You're not going to make friends here by personal attacks"

You really should listen to John...he's our resident "how to make friends expert".
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat May 19, 2012 3:31 pm

John, "limited sources" means your maids, gardeners, and the few English speaking other Mexicans you may come in contact with.........as opposed to people who are married into Mexican families or have solid information for other reasons.
No insult intended, but you are holding forth at some length on subjects you know very little about, which is why people are jumping on you. Unless you're enjoying the verbal beatings, they won't stop until you do.

Why not just do what everyone else (including me) is doing. If you aren't 100% positive...........just hush up on the subject until The Word is put out for all to hear.
Those who really do have the skinny know better than to speak up in public (like right here), lest they or a family member be silenced for good. The few Mexicans I know are scared spitless, no matter what the Police Chief has to say. Dead bodies speak for themselves.

Frankly, I believe just about 2% of what the local police chief had to say to the group the other day. He's probably scared that he'll be the next one shot.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat May 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Frontal.. kudos that deserves the post of the week award
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder