INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I'm going to brag about my niece.

+12
Big Daddy Mexico
Hensley
Splashingcolor
CheenaGringo
simpsca
sparks
martygraw
gringal
E-raq
LMarkoya
hockables
RoofBob
16 posters

Go down

So I'm going to brag about my niece.  Empty So I'm going to brag about my niece.

Post by RoofBob Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 pm

'Kelley' just sent me a link to her first You Tube video and I am tickled pink. Kelley is an 'eyebrow artist' with her own salon in Venice Beach CA and she is becoming quite successful. A far cry from the bottom where she started as a single parent and against all odds fought and struggled and sacrificed to get where she is today. She's just one of a million stories but reinforces ones faith that hard work pays off and the American dream is alive. Ladies and gentlemen, my niece, Kelley Baker: https://youtu.be/UqreFO_AERg

Her web site: http://kelleybakerbrows.com/about2.html
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

So I'm going to brag about my niece.  Empty Re: So I'm going to brag about my niece.

Post by hockables Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Good for Kelly.... always nice to see Enterprising Young People get ahead...

Have U ever noticed Covergirl and Vogue use Beautiful Young Models?

The Commercials should come with the Dissclaimer " Results May Vary "

Truely Miraculous Makeup... they would drag out Ugly Betty, and apply the Lipstick

Last edited by hockables on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : said sumthing nice)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

So I'm going to brag about my niece.  Empty Re: So I'm going to brag about my niece.

Post by LMarkoya Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Hey Bob, seems you should be proud, and Kelly too, congrats
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Wow, not just smart and enterprising but a very pretty girl as well. Congrats to you and your niece Bob.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Good for Kelley! You have a right to be proud.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Nice to see a young person get ahead, way to go Kelley, and thanks to uncle RB for the posting.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:35 pm

As a person that has cut my own hair for 30+ years, pluck ear hairs now and then and cut bushy eyebrows when they interfere with vision .... I really don't get any of the 'beauty' thing.

But good for her finding a nitch and going for it ;)
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:44 pm

OK so when are you going to invite her down here. My eyebrows could use some beautifying. She could clean up beautifying lakeside.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks folks, the whole famdamnly is real proud of her.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:20 pm

sparks wrote:As a person that has cut my own hair for 30+ years, pluck ear hairs now and then and cut bushy eyebrows when they interfere with vision .... I really don't get any of the 'beauty' thing.

But good for her finding a nitch and going for it ;)

Of course you don't get it Sparks, you're a guy. Just check out any of the beauty salons lakeside and you see a lot of grooming going on. I wonder if anyone did a study on what the average woman spends on beauty treatments. I have several girlfriends who had their eyebrows tatoed on even though it's painful. Now that's where I draw the line - if it hurts I don't do it. Still would like a lesson on how to do my eyebrows properly.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:32 pm

And the next stage will be more salons that specialize in female piercings!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Splashingcolor Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:48 pm

[quote="CheenaGringo"]And the next stage will be more salons that specialize in female piercings![/quot

They already do. ;)
Splashingcolor
Splashingcolor
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Profound yet witty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:43 am

She is stunning Bob!
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 am

Congrats RoofBob. You should be proud. Very Happy
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie1 Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:37 am

A GREAT read Bob, thanks for sharing. Very Happy

blondie1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 am

Very impressive Bob, you guys have every right to be proud. Nice to see a success story every now and then.

juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:22 am

How cool, good for you guys!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LMarkoya Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:42 pm

OK...don't want to hijack Bobs thread as he is very deservedly proud....but I happen to be a proud dad of a pretty good guitar player that has one video up on youtube...check him out...especially if you're a rock/blues fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDgtkhnkQ0A

Last edited by LMarkoya on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspell)
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Wow, hijack away. Your son is an amazing guitarist! Will he be appearing at any of the local haunts?
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Wow, i played that video twice...he's fun to watch. I thought he got some good advice about competing at the Blues Festival in the comments section, on the other hand I really like his personal style. What artists do inspire him? Blayze...sounds like a star already.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:20 pm

simpsca wrote:
Of course you don't get it Sparks, you're a guy. Just check out any of the beauty salons lakeside and you see a lot of grooming going on. I wonder if anyone did a study on what the average woman spends on beauty treatments. I have several girlfriends who had their eyebrows tattooed on even though it's painful. Now that's where I draw the line - if it hurts I don't do it. Still would like a lesson on how to do my eyebrows properly.

tattooed ... now come on. We all need depth and a little Bush (not W). Helping a friend with her wax treatments was an eye opener. I thought all women were nearly hairless or just used Near .... but this was in the '60's
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:27 pm

LMarkoya wrote:OK...don't want to hijack Bobs thread as he is very deservedly proud....but I happen to be a proud dad of a pretty good guitar player that has one video up on youtube...check him out...especially if you're a rock/blues fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDgtkhnkQ0A

But you did (hijack) .... kid has real talent but start another thread. it is allowed here
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum