INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graduation Day - last day of school

5 posters

Go down

Graduation Day - last day of school Empty Graduation Day - last day of school

Post by sparks Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:15 am

You missed the morning sessions but afternoon sessions might be worth checking out. Fancier than ours

Our very small community Primary school

Graduation Day - last day of school Grad110
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Graduation Day - last day of school Empty Re: Graduation Day - last day of school

Post by viajero Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 am

My son's isn't till Friday,don't you like the fact that all the school kids wear uniforms,kinda levels out the playing field.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Graduation Day - last day of school Empty Re: Graduation Day - last day of school

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:24 pm

viajero wrote:My son's isn't till Friday,don't you like the fact that all the school kids wear uniforms,kinda levels out the playing field.

I think it's really great to see the school children dressed in uniforms. Looks respectful. The US needs to get with it as the kids there dress like absolute slobs.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:33 pm

viajero wrote:My son's isn't till Friday,don't you like the fact that all the school kids wear uniforms,kinda levels out the playing field.

I attended a uniformed private school for a couple of years (could not wait to get out of there). Even though we were all dressed the same we all knew who came from money and who didn't. The shoes, the watches, bunch of little things all add up.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:19 pm

We disagree,I think it makes good sense.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Girls can't be too sexy and no gang or group clothing. Let them do what they want and more chances of acting up.

For some of the boys a white shirt was a t-shirt and a few didn't have blue pants
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense and it certainly may be different in Mexico. And, of course, when I was school age there was no such thing as gang colours.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Back in the 60's, we wore uniforms at Valley Forge Military Academy:
[img]Graduation Day - last day of school Valley10[/img]

And we had two gangs to worry about - the Young Republicans and the John Birchers!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:05 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Back in the 60's, we wore uniforms at Valley Forge Military Academy:
[img]Graduation Day - last day of school Valley10[/img]

And we had two gangs to worry about - the Young Republicans and the John Birchers!
Holy Cow I just checked their tuition fees,I guess Jorgito won't be attending VFMA anytime soon.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Holy Cow isn't strong enough! Had no idea until you brought it up. I can assure you that I wouldn't have attended if education expense hadn't been one of the perks for being stationed overseas for EXXON. Certainly wouldn't recommend this institution for the quality of the education provided unless you mean military education.

By the way, the 80's movie Taps with George C Scott, Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn, Tom Cruise and numerous others was filmed at Valley Forge.

Sparks: One of my roommates was court ordered from the Pittsburgh area instead of reform school.

Last edited by CheenaGringo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Military Academy ... I thought those were just to teach troubled kids discipline
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Norman Swarzkoph went there,he did pretty well in the military.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Thanks a bunch Chris! I just checked out the school I went to for two years before Valley Forge. Northwood School in Lake Placid, NY. It turns out that it is now $47K per year and that doesn't even include the uniforms stated in Valley Forge's costs. During my time there. we had to wear ties and a sportcoat but below the waist was a free for all. You could tell the really rich kids from their Brooks Brothers embroidered initials on their shirts and jockey shorts. It was mandatory to wear to wear Bass Weejuns and when the sole separated, adhesive tape to hold the sole on. The wearing of socks was for the uncool and the playing of odds or evens when pulling leg hairs was the norm.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:40 pm

>>>> It was mandatory to wear to wear Bass Weejuns and when the sole separated, adhesive tape to hold the sole on.

Pegamento para PVC works here fine for my Tevas and many cheaper brands. Besides that you are in a Military crazy world. No more please
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Military crazy world? I was court-martialed unsuccessfully my senior year for refusing rank because of their punishment system and methodology. I got into my college of choice and that is what the exercise was all about.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 pm

>>> court-marshaled unsuccessfully (or successfully)

Still in a crazy world .... just going there requires resistance to authority which is more sever than normal schools. If you survived with morals then more power to you
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down