INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Much Time Do You Have Left???

+17
bobnliz
Chico
ChickenLittle
Spot
RoofBob
Carry Bean
MexicoPete
Sideways
Flamingo
brigitte
viajero
Parker
johninajijic
gringal
Mainecoons
Jim W
binky
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How Much Time Do You Have Left??? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Much Time Do You Have Left???

Post by ChickenLittle Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Love the dog Me&BearDog.

ChickenLittle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How Much Time Do You Have Left??? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Much Time Do You Have Left???

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:31 pm

ChickenLittle wrote:Love the dog Me&BearDog.
I'm missing Barney Bear! I had to leave him home on this trip down, but he'll come back with me in Nov.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Parker wrote:
Mainecoons wrote:Got to the end and they required my email address so I passed on it.

What do you mean, you just couldn’t remember it. Ha! Ha! Ha!. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Remember what???

How Much Time Do You Have Left??? - Page 2 851398
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:42 pm

I was pretty excited to find that I had another 14 years left. Gave them all of my information only to find out I had given information to a company selling reverse mortgages and, obviously the results will be skewed in favor of living longer. If I had only one or two years left, why would I need a reverse mortgage? Bad Binky. Binky needs a spanking. PM me for my phone number and address. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:58 pm

My borrowed time began Feb 2 2006 at 11:30 am. I know... I had just looked at my watch.
Borrowed time is sweetest, I believe. How Much Time Do You Have Left??? - Page 2 169387 Lizzy 95...hmmm

Go for it Roof-bob!!!

Last edited by bobnliz on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Lizzy, Just a thought, but have you ever considered stopping smoking? Just wondering. Neither have I. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Chico wrote:Lizzy, Just a thought, but have you ever considered stopping smoking? Just wondering. Neither have I. chico
My dear Chico... I never touch tobacco nowadays. Quit when I was 21. I save my lungs for the good stuff.
Actually, anymore, we vaporize. Much easier on the bellows, don't you know? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:58 pm

bobnliz wrote:
Chico wrote:Lizzy, Just a thought, but have you ever considered stopping smoking? Just wondering. Neither have I. chico
My dear Chico... I never touch tobacco nowadays. Quit when I was 21. I save my lungs for the good stuff.
Actually, anymore, we vaporize. Much easier on the bellows, don't you know? Lizzy

You quit when you were 21? I started when I was 22. Yup 46 years ago. cough. cough. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Geeze, you were old when you started smoking. I was 13. Quit 7 or 8 years ago after being a chain-smoker all those years.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:14 pm

That's awesome. Tobacco is a bear to quit... especially with all the additives. Lizzy How Much Time Do You Have Left??? - Page 2 169387
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:12 am

My cardiologist swears that her grandmother died at 98, in the kitchen fixing biscuits. Had a 1/2 pint of Jack Daniels in one apron pocket, a pack of Camels in the other.

Just proves that smoking and drinking WILL kill you. Eventually....

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Mine said 102. I'm not sure I *want* to live to be that old.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:32 pm

“I use this bath oil I happen to love. It’s called Dr Hauschka’s lemon bath. It costs about £15 a bottle, which is enough for about two weeks of baths if you follow the instructions. The instructions say one capful per bath. But a capful gets you nowhere. A capful is not enough. I have known this for a long time.

But if the events of the last few years have taught me anything, it’s that I’m going to feel like an idiot if I die tomorrow and I skimped on bath oil today. So I use quite a lot of bath oil. More than you could ever imagine. After I take a bath, my bathtub is as dangerous as an oil slick. But thanks to the bath oil, I’m as smooth as silk.

I am going out to buy more, right now. Goodbye.”

"A friend sent an article to me written by Nora Ephron, who died at age 71, was the award-winning screenwriter whose credits include When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless In Seattle. In recent years, she also wrote two books of witty and poignant essays about ageing. Here, she faces her own mortality."

One paragraph of a very long article.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Li'l Italy... it's probably a personal failing on my part, but you sorta lost me there.
Tell me, please...
Was the first quote by Nora Ephron?
Who authored the second quote?
Was the last sentence yours? scratch Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Yesterday I went to the Doctor....

Doc says " you've got 6 months ta live "

I says " Doc, I need more time ta pay your bill "

So he gave me another 6 months!!

The late great Henny Youngman
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2