INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need info on the outlet stores in Guadalajara

+5
MexicoPete
binky
Zedinmexico
Big Daddy Mexico
twelveoaks
9 posters

Go down

need info on the outlet stores in Guadalajara Empty need info on the outlet stores in Guadalajara

Post by twelveoaks Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 am

Can anyone give me any information on the outlet stores on Mex 15D on the way to Guadalajara by way of Jocotopec?

What I would like to know is are there any reasonably priced clothing stores there or is it just the typical outlet store stuff ?

Thanks

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

need info on the outlet stores in Guadalajara Empty Re: need info on the outlet stores in Guadalajara

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:48 am

twelveoaks wrote:Can anyone give me any information on the outlet stores on Mex 15D on the way to Guadalajara by way of Jocotopec?

What I would like to know is are there any reasonably priced clothing stores there or is it just the typical outlet store stuff ?

Thanks

IMHO it is a typical outlet mall. However, my wife seems to get some good deals on a few things. Nice to have a stroll in. Great open food court.
Surte
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

need info on the outlet stores in Guadalajara Empty Re: need info on the outlet stores in Guadalajara

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:42 am

Mostly Shoes but fun. One place has natural rubber Teva type Sandals for
311 pesos. Big Movie theatre, Subway, chothing stores.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by binky Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:50 am

Shoes, shoes, shoes everywhere.....but not a one in my size! Mexicans have much smaller feet than the boats on the end of my ankles!
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:55 am

It's hard to find large shoes but mens size 13 can be found. I don't know about womens sizes.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:05 pm

binky wrote:Shoes, shoes, shoes everywhere.....but not a one in my size! Mexicans have much smaller feet than the boats on the end of my ankles!

Mi Mexico in Ajijic on Colon has a wide collection of San Miguel Shoes, some in larger sizes and they say they can order for you.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Last time I was there there was a Flexi outlet - my favorite comfortable Mexican shoe. Right next to that is a purse and shoe outlet store with all sorts of brands. Also a NewBalance outlet and I think Nike. A few stores selling make up and clothing. But as mentioned above mostly shoes - probably because there are many shoe factories in Guadalajara. Prices are better than department stores in Mexico. There is a food court with Subway mentioned above and all sorts of other food.

Last time I went the parking lot was really crowded. You pay for parking at a machine just inside the entrance then put your ticket in a machine as you leave the parking lot. If you go don't make a mistake and try to pay when you leave the parking lot.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Keep in mind that very few of the stores in Outlet Malls are true outlets in the sense that outlet stores were first intended. The initial theory was that manufacturers could move excess inventories at a quasi retail price rather than dumping at distressed wholesale prices to their retailers. With the overpopulation of outlets malls, these manufacturers were forced to manufacture merchandise for their outlet stores primarily with second quality merchandise - lighter weight materials, less stitching detail and older designs.

Since the example of footwear was brought up, I would be somewhat leery of certain labels because of all the counterfeits being produced in Guadalajara and Leon.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 pm

You mean my new Nikee shoes aren't real........... Shocked
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Only the shadow knows!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Of course, they are real Mexican Nikes. Very Happy
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down