INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ninos and Pesos

+2
Zedinmexico
RoofBob
6 posters

Go down

Ninos and Pesos Empty Ninos and Pesos

Post by RoofBob Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:00 am

As a kid growing up in a middle class neighborhood my allowance was earned by doing chores. If I wanted extra money I could always do more work around the house or get a paper route or mow lawns. My neighborhood friends did the same and we always had money, not much but enough for the movies and the extra things we just had to have.

Most kids in Mexico aren't so lucky. Money for chores? Nope. Mow lawns, deliver papers? Forget it. As an example our housekeeper Mary, a single parent, has 6 children aged 9 to 18. We pay her above scale knowing we are ruining 'it' for everyone and apologize but figure most of you do the same. But even with the additional pay and cleaning jobs Mary takes on there is never enough extra for her kids.

Now being a lazy opportunist by nature and Mary living only a couple blocks away the following symbiotic relationship developed into a convenient reality: The kids do our food shopping, not the big stuff, just milk and eggs and bacon etc. when we run out, shag sodas if company unexpectedly drops by, pay our electric bills or any number of other pesky chores. It comes down to a phone call and about one chore a day averaging 30 minutes for 20 pesos.

Our favorite outcome: A few years ago the two youngest kids, a brother and sister, started taking folkloric dance lessons with their money and Mary made their costumes. Imagine our delight when we see them dancing at the fiestas in town.

So maybe think about it, the kids in your neighborhood would appreciate the work, and you will too.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ninos and Pesos Empty Re: Ninos and Pesos

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:27 am

Only problem is I give that work to the local adults
who don't have any work. Good idea if you have the
spare work.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:56 am

Unfortunately, there aren't any little kids I know of on my street, at least close by but that's a good idea I'd sure use. It would really come in handy to have a small errand runner.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 am

We were fortunate to get a referral of a Nanny/maid from Helperguy. She has turned out to be the best we have had. During the Summer, we would let her bring her Three kids over to play with our kids so that she did not have to find child care for them while she was watching ours. Worked out great. Her 2 girls, aged 9 and 10 knew how to clean as good as their Mom. They always spent at least 1 to 2 hours doing chores before they could play. Gave them each $20 pesos at the end of the day. It was priceless to see their faces.

Now, we have our Maids sister-in-law, and Brother working for us. And next week we will be hiring her other Brother as our Delivery Guy for Guadalajara.

We only pay them $30 pesos per hour, but they average over 50 hours per week and get fed once per day. They also get to split up the extra samples of sausages each week to take home.

We went from just a Mom & Pop operation to now employing 5 full time people plus me and Lil Mama which are responsible for feeding the mouths of 14 children under the age of 11.

I actually feel fortunate that I can give a little back, even if it is little, it is consistant.

And everyday we get up and do it again.

And I guess sometimes that is all that matters, doing it.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:We were fortunate to get a referral of a Nanny/maid from Helperguy. She has turned out to be the best we have had. During the Summer, we would let her bring her Three kids over to play with our kids so that she did not have to find child care for them while she was watching ours. Worked out great. Her 2 girls, aged 9 and 10 knew how to clean as good as their Mom. They always spent at least 1 to 2 hours doing chores before they could play. Gave them each $20 pesos at the end of the day. It was priceless to see their faces.

Now, we have our Maids sister-in-law, and Brother working for us. And next week we will be hiring her other Brother as our Delivery Guy for Guadalajara.

We only pay them $30 pesos per hour, but they average over 50 hours per week and get fed once per day. They also get to split up the extra samples of sausages each week to take home.

We went from just a Mom & Pop operation to now employing 5 full time people plus me and Lil Mama which are responsible for feeding the mouths of 14 children under the age of 11.

I actually feel fortunate that I can give a little back, even if it is little, it is consistant.

And everyday we get up and do it again.

And I guess sometimes that is all that matters, doing it.
Good for you Big Daddy. Feels good, huh? BTW, love your sausages.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Big Daddy...no wonder your sausages are so good. There's lots of love in them! Very Happy

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down