INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto's

+2
quiltbugj
CheenaGringo
6 posters

Go down

Roberto's Empty Roberto's

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:49 am

For our last night in Mexico, we decided to try a restaurant that we surprisingly had never visited in our 14+ years of visiting. Having read positive comments on Roberto's from a number of members of this forum, I felt it was worth the trial. I have forgotten member's comments about the 2/1 nights and was really surprised that it was in effect on a Friday night. At any rate, a great setting, an enjoyable meal and excellent service makes Roberto's a definite repeat for future trips to the Lake!

[img]Roberto's Dscn4510[/img]
The resident "house cat" has full run of the place!

Small Slideshow: https://picasaweb.google.com/118146709599975173363/ROBERTOSAJIJICJALISCOMEXICO?authkey=Gv1sRgCNCI3I_fx6fUlAE#slideshow/5781008976089920434

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Roberto's Empty Re: Roberto's

Post by quiltbugj Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:07 pm

We had dinner there last Wednesday and enjoyed it very much.
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:40 pm

We like Roberto's also and were there for brunch today. It's certainly more quiet than during "the" season. The waiters are pretty attentive but it's never the same without Roberto there. He is such a character with such an outspoken sense of humour.
Excellent food, excellently prepared and a choice of seating to suit everybody (including smokers and dog owners).
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:19 pm

quiltbugj wrote:We had dinner there last Wednesday and enjoyed it very much.

Hi all - Our Monthly Dinner group used to go to Roberto's until they started slipping badly. The food is totally inconsistent, especially when Roberto is not there, the service has never been good and he has cut his portion size. I left them off our list this year because we can go to much better places and get more bang for the buck.

Those are Hacienda Ajijic, Tony's, Bruno's, Manix, Simply Thai, Yves and Ricki's Japanese.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Quoting the Maroon:
"Hi all - Our Monthly Dinner group used to go to Roberto's until they started slipping badly. The food is totally inconsistent, especially when Roberto is not there, the service has never been good and he has cut his portion size. I left them off our list this year because we can go to much better places and get more bang for the buck."

You just cannot stand it when someone other than you compliments a restaurant or starts a thread that goes against your illustrious opinion. The fact of the matter is that we enjoyed ourselves, had very good service and found the portion size and prices to be quite respectable. Dinner Friday night was our 16th straight night of dining out everywhere from Guadalajara, Morelia, Oaxaca, Puebla, Patzcuaro and Lake Chapala and we don't have to rely on
some BI dinner group to form our own opinions!

By my calculation, that would be 8 months of eating out by the BI or SEMI group?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:37 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Quoting the Maroon:
"Hi all - Our Monthly Dinner group used to go to Roberto's until they started slipping badly. The food is totally inconsistent, especially when Roberto is not there, the service has never been good and he has cut his portion size. I left them off our list this year because we can go to much better places and get more bang for the buck."

You just cannot stand it when someone other than you compliments a restaurant or starts a thread that goes against your illustrious opinion. The fact of the matter is that we enjoyed ourselves, had very good service and found the portion size and prices to be quite respectable. Dinner Friday night was our 16th straight night of dining out everywhere from Guadalajara, Morelia, Oaxaca, Puebla, Patzcuaro and Lake Chapala and we don't have to rely on
some BI dinner group to form our own opinions!

By my calculation, that would be 8 months of eating out by the BI or SEMI group?

I agree, your calculations are correct, but our Semi Monthly Dinner group eats at EACH of our favorite restaurants 3 times a year, therefore assuming 10 people attend, we have 30 opinions. Yours are only two opinions.

And CG, I don't disagree that you or your wife or any other forum member had good experiences there. Overall, we have had better experiences elsewhere. It's too bad you didn't have more time at Lakeside to sample other restaurants.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:23 pm

John:

Apparently you revel in playing the "jackass". I doubt that I am alone in totally disregarding the opinions of your BI group or yours. Eating isn't a democratic endeavor and I know your food opinions are far from eclectic or experienced.

As a matter of fact: it is none of your business what any of us thinks of any aspect of a restaurant! Why in the world would we dedicate more time to eat dinner in the Barrio of Ajijic when we had the opportunity to experience the food from a number of Mexican States?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

Apparently you revel in playing the "jackass". I doubt that I am alone in totally disregarding the opinions of your BI group or yours. Eating isn't a democratic endeavor and I know your food opinions are far from eclectic or experienced.

As a matter of fact: it is none of your business what any of us thinks of any aspect of a restaurant! Why in the world would we dedicate more time to eat dinner in the Barrio of Ajijic when we had the opportunity to experience the food from a number of Mexican States?

How much time do you spend in eating in the Barrio of Albuquerque. You must get some authentic Mexican food there with all of them living in your state.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Well John, given all of your comments about the heat, wind, snow, electric bills and other aspects of living in Albuquerque, I would have thought that you had the personal experience to make such comments. Now you are asking me about how the population of Mexican or Hispanic or Latino origins affects the Mexican food offerings? Seems to be an odd question given your vast food experiences. As I have stated numerous times, locating and enjoying properly prepared true Mexican food is virtually an impossible task! This is New Mexico and everything tends to be either smothered in RED or GREEN.

Seems to me that I politely asked for approved restaurant lists for Morelia, Oaxaca, Puebla and Patzcuaro and received NADA from you!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Had a fabulous birthday lunch at Bobby's today. He has relented on the new spot at Cuyatlan, and will allow selected couples to take the place over and smoke our fool heads off. Go Bobby!!!!!
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:04 pm

E-raq wrote:Had a fabulous birthday lunch at Bobby's today. He has relented on the new spot at Cuyatlan, and will allow selected couples to take the place over and smoke our fool heads off. Go Bobby!!!!!

That's his loss and he will learn from lack of business.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:12 pm

I had lunch there today fairly early today.........hope yours was super, too.

Now about that smoking in Cayutlan........betcha it won't be indoors, and since I'm planning to take the gardener and me there shortly after Christmas, I'm going to grill him on that one! Or just grill him with barbeque sauce if he does. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:38 pm

gringal wrote:I had lunch there today fairly early today.........hope yours was super, too.

Now about that smoking in Cayutlan........betcha it won't be indoors, and since I'm planning to take the gardener and me there shortly after Christmas, I'm going to grill him on that one! Or just grill him with barbeque sauce if he does. pirat

Yes it was, I had the Gringa, and well, a coupla beers, what the hell it was a birthday celebration, and a whacking big slice of Bobby's peanut butter pie yummmmmy. Complete with repeated visits from Bobby, discussing doing a Halloween bash, maybe.

The smoking, well you're looking good on that one. It would be a smokers only weekend, or whatever and nobody else. Otherwise he was going to banish us all to the malecon in our jammies for smokes. I'm thinking it will be balcony or terrazza's only. One can only go so far. BTW I did ask a nice couple sitting next to us in the smoking section today if they minded if we smoked. Nooooo problem, see what a considerate smoker I am.

Wonder if my poolboy would also like going there, maybe when it's a helluva lot cooler than now. 43 degrees C.

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:08 pm

I consider the beaches uninhabitable at this point.....but once it gets downright chilly around here......can't wait to head there. Bobby says his place is small, but close enough to those huge waves to satisfy my lust for a "beach fix".
If he's fixing a "gourmet breakfast", I'm definitely there, and he claims that the best pizza is in a nearby town. We've been to Cayutlan before and enjoyed some fine fish at one of the beachfront eateries. There's just something about those big waves that is a "backrub for the soul".
Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 pm

gringal wrote:I consider the beaches uninhabitable at this point.....but once it gets downright chilly around here......can't wait to head there. Bobby says his place is small, but close enough to those huge waves to satisfy my lust for a "beach fix".
If he's fixing a "gourmet breakfast", I'm definitely there, and he claims that the best pizza is in a nearby town. We've been to Cayutlan before and enjoyed some fine fish at one of the beachfront eateries. There's just something about those big waves that is a "backrub for the soul".
Very Happy

Speak for yourself. At the Karmina Palace I ventured down to the very small beach and disgraced myself rather badly. A$$ over teakettles in front of the Mexicans who though it was really funny. Swept away by the undertow, then over by the waves rushing back in, had to crawl out, and my damned bathing suit rode up over my nalgas. Too loose. Sooo, not only did my back take a beating, so did whatever dignity I still possessed. My swimsuit was chock full of sand in ALL the wrong places.
Luckily since is was so hot I spent most of the rest of the trip reading and watching netflix on the computer. Not a bad vacation, however I'm just not a beach person. Oh, almost forgot little fish started jumping up in front of me as well.

Dinner on the balcony overlooking the ocean, a hot tub, and adults only pool. remember JAWS!!!!
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm

LOL! That reminds me of swimming at the beach in San Pancho about 10 years ago. I was body surfing with two of my hubby's kids and we noticed a flurry of fish activity on the surface. I wondered what the fish were eating...they wondered what was eating the fish...and, yes, you really can walk on water when you're in a hurry to get out.
Is Bobby gonna be around the restaurant here more? It's just not the same without him...really doesn't run as efficiently. MO of course...and I love his sense of humour.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Old age has taught me that beaches are to VIEW, not to get bodily involved in.
But that was a good story. Chuckle. Snicker.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 am

ferret wrote:LOL! That reminds me of swimming at the beach in San Pancho about 10 years ago. I was body surfing with two of my hubby's kids and we noticed a flurry of fish activity on the surface. I wondered what the fish were eating...they wondered what was eating the fish...and, yes, you really can walk on water when you're in a hurry to get out.
Is Bobby gonna be around the restaurant here more? It's just not the same without him...really doesn't run as efficiently. MO of course...and I love his sense of humour.

I think he'll probably be around just about as much. After all he was busy with the renovations for what seemed like an eternity. Yes his sense of humor is not to be beaten. Scandalously funny yesterday, as in best ever.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Hopefully he will be around his restaurant just as much or more because when he's not the food changes drastically and goes downhill.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down