INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outback Steakhouse

+7
seisdedos
viajero
David
ComputerGuy
johninajijic
Intercasa
CheenaGringo
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Outback Steakhouse - Page 2 Empty Re: Outback Steakhouse

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:58 pm

It was kind of funny since I avoided any kind of steak for our last couple of nights in Mexico with the expectation of having one of the Outback Steakhouse 16oz Prime Ribeye steaks. Since we had a Johnny Rocket Cheeseburger at GDL, I thought it would be a waste to order the Ribeye and probably not eat the whole thing. Besides not having had Prime Rib in some time, I felt a 12oz cut would work better and we had Costco Prime Ribeyes in our freezer at home that I could BBQ on Sunday night.

As it turned out, the Prime Rib satisfied the the beef craving, so I prepared Babybacks precooked with spices, sweet onion and Raspberry Ale and then finished off on the BBQ with Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:41 pm

cosalamx wrote:Outback (Las Vegas)14 oz NY Strip $24.99
Keg (Toronto) 12 oz NY Strip $31.95

Outback (Las Vegas) 16 oz Bone-in Ribeye $29.99
Keg (Toronto) 20 oz Bone-in Rib steak $35.95

Outback (Las Vegas) Prime Rib 12 oz $21.99 16 oz $24.99
Keg (Toronto) Prime Rib 12 oz $27.95 16 oz $30.95

CAD and USD are within a penny of each other, so currency is immaterial.

I guess I'll still stick to Keg since there is only one Outback in Ontario at Niagra Falls. I suspect Keg would have better steaks and prime ribs. Last time I was at Keg a few years ago, I had Surf and Turf, Jumbo Shrimp and Prime Rib.....mmmmmmmm......good!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:21 am

The Keg is now an entirely different animal that it was a number of years ago. It has been bought by new management and has been totally revamped. Reasonably sophisticated it's a big hit and jammed all the time.

The big guy had an enormous platter of surf and turf for $41 CAD the surf part was lobster. He even took a photo of it. Massive!!!

There is absolutely NO comparison between the Outback, which is a dump, and The Keg. Cara sold the chain some time back, presumably figuring it was a total waste of time.

Dinner for 8, came in at slightly less than $400 which, considering the amount of food, wine for some, desserts and a double tanqueray and tonic for yours truly (the house special), it was a major bargain in the Toronto area.

Last edited by E-raq on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a word)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 am

E-Raq - How long ago was it sold? I might have been there afterward as it's been about 5 or 6 years since I was there. I had the Surf and Turf, Shrimp and Prime Rib (smaller version) for $ 24.99. It was great. I agree you cannot compare Outback to Keg. $ 400 is not expensive for 8.

They were jam packed when we were there too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 am

johninajijic wrote:E-Raq - How long ago was it sold? I might have been there afterward as it's been about 5 or 6 years since I was there. I had the Surf and Turf, Shrimp and Prime Rib (smaller version) for $ 24.99. It was great. I agree you cannot compare Outback to Keg. $ 400 is not expensive for 8.

Gosh, I'm not sure. It was originally bought as a package deal from the Kelsey Group which included Montanas, Kelsey's, the Outback rights for Canada and maybe a couple of others. That was years ago, so I'm not sure when it all happened. Whether they actually sold it or just allowed it to die a natural death is also a question, however since they were franchises, and we don't see them cropping up anymore, I'd assume they sold the rights. BTW Kelsey's is also not what it used to be, we had a ghastly meal at one, and the entire family has sworn off it for life. The only really good thing left is the wings, which are apparently outstanding.

Correction, the rights were sold, and they changed the name to Milestones.

Last edited by E-raq on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new info)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:24 pm

The Outback in a tourist are like Las Vegas will always be higher. The menu below is from near our hometown, Hanover, MA.
Bloomin’ Onion®
A true Outback original. Our special onion is hand-carved, cooked until golden and ready to dip into our spicy
signature bloom sauce. 6.99
Alice Springs Chicken Quesadillas®
Stuffed with fresh grilled chicken breast, sautéed mushrooms, bacon, melted cheeses and our honey
mustard sauce.Regular 8.79 Small 5.79
Aussie Cheese Fries
Topped with melted Monterey Jack, Cheddar, chopped bacon and served with a spicy ranch dressing.
Regular 7.99 Small 6.79
Seared Ahi Tuna*
Sashimi-style Tuna rubbed in bold spices and seared rare.
Served with creamy ginger-soy sauce and wasabi vinaigrette.
Regular 9.99 Small 7.29
Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie
Sprinkled with seasonings and delicately grilled. Served with freshly made remoulade sauce. 8.79
Chicken Artichoke Flatbread
Crispy flatbread topped with grilled chicken, chopped spinach and artichokes, freshly grated Parmesan
cheese and a drizzle of pureolive oil. 4.99
Coconut Shrimp
Dipped in beer batter, rolled in coconut and fried golden. Paired with our own Creole marmalade. 8.79
Wings
Chicken wings tossed in a savory blend of secret spices and paired with our cool creamy Blue cheese
dressing and celery. Choose mild, medium or hot. 8.99
Tassie's Buffalo Strips
Thick, moist chicken strips with spicy Buffalo sauce, celery and Danish Blue cheese dressing. 7.99
Spinach Artichoke Dip
A creamy blend of spinach, artichokes, Monterey Jack and Parmesan baked until bubbly. Served with white
corn tortilla chips. 7.99
Crab & Avocado Stack - NEW!
Fresh avocado and marinated crab meat topped with minced tomato basil and a drizzle of wasabi
vinaigrette. Served with white corn tortilla chips. 9.99

SOUPS & SALADS
Walkabout Soup® of the Day
Today's fresh made soup. Bowl 3.99 Cup 2.99
French Onion Soup
Made with our world-famous onions and topped
with melted Provolone cheese. 4.99
Clam Chowder
Creamy chowder loaded with clams, bacon and potatoes.
Bowl 4.99 Cup 3.99
Aussie Chicken Cobb Salad
Choose wood-fire grilled or crispy chicken to top off fresh mixed greens, chopped hardboiled eggs,
tomatoes, bacon, shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese and freshly made croutons.
Tossed in your choice of housemade dressing. 11.99
California Chicken Salad
Wood-fire grilled chicken and crumbled Feta cheese atop leafy mixed greens, baby spinach, roasted
walnuts and diced green apples. Tossed in our original vinaigrette. 11.99
Try it with Light Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Steakhouse Salad* - NEW!
Seared sirloin atop mixed greens, Aussie Crunch, tomatoes, red onions, cinnamon pecans and a Danish Blue Cheese vinaigrette. 12.99
Shrimp or Chicken Caesar Salad
Choose Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie or wood-fire grilled chicken to top crisp romaine and freshly made
croutons. Tossed in our housemade
Caesar dressing. 10.99
Outback Special®*
Our signature sirloin is one of the leanest cuts, hearty and full of flavor.
6 oz. 9.99 9 oz. 13.99 12 oz. 16.99
Victoria’s Filet®* The most tender and juicy thick cut.
6 oz. 18.99 9 oz. 21.99
New York Strip* Full of rich flavor.
10 oz. 17.99 14 oz. 20.99
Ribeye*
The steak lover’s steak is well-marbled,
juicy and savory. 10 oz. 17.99 14 oz. 20.99
Porterhouse* A flavorful strip and filet tenderloin together.
22 oz. 24.99
CHOOSE YOUR SOUP OR SALAD & ONE FRESHLY MADE SIDE:
Fresh Steamed Broccoli
Fresh Steamed Green Beans
Fresh Seasonal Mixed Veggies
Seasoned Rice
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Aussie Fries
Dressed Baked Potato
Sweet Potato with
Honey Butter & Brown Sugar
Sweet Potato Fries
Grilled Asparagus (Add 1.00)
Walkabout Soup® - Cup
Signature Side Salads
House Salad
Caesar Salad
Premium Side Salads (Add 1.00)
Classic Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
Blue Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad
SPECIALTY CUTS & COMBOS
Add a cup of Walkabout Soup or one of our Signature Side Salads. 2.99
Add one of our Premium Side Salads. 3.99
Ribs & Chicken on the Barbie
1/3 rack of baby back ribs and a wood-fire grilled chicken breast.
Served with Aussie Fries. 14.49
Filet* & Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie
Wood-fire grilled petite filet paired with seasoned and grilled shrimp.
Served with a dressed baked potato. 15.99
Teriyaki Filet Medallions*
Wood-fire grilled teriyaki marinated filet, onions, red and green peppers.
Served over a bed of seasoned rice with your choice of two sides. 13.99
Sirloin* & Choice of Shrimp
Our signature sirloin paired with Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie or
Coconut Shrimp. Served with your choice of two freshly made sides.
6 oz. 12.99 9 oz. 16.99 12 oz. 19.99
Herb Roasted Prime Rib* (based on availability)
Seasoned and slow-roasted prime rib. Hand-carved to order and served with traditional au jus.
Served with your choice of two freshly made sides.
8 oz. 15.99 12 oz. 18.99 16 oz. 20.99
Or try the 12 oz. or 16 oz. finished on the wood-fire grill.
Customize your steak experience by following the steps below.
Signature Steaks are cooked to order and served with your choice of a cup of
Walkabout Soup or one of our Signature Side Salads and one freshly made side.
OUTBACK FAVORITES
Baby Back Ribs
Each succulent rack is smoked, wood-fire grilled and brushed
with a tangy BBQ sauce. Served with Aussie Fries.
Full order 16.99 1/2 order 12.99
Filet with Wild Mushroom Sauce*
Wood-fire grilled petite filet topped with our rich Marsala and wild mushroom sauce.
Served with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh seasonal mixed veggies. 15.99
New Zealand Rack of Lamb*
Finished with a rich Cabernet wine sauce. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh
seasonal mixed veggies. 20.99
No Rules Parmesan Pasta
Fettuccine noodles tossed in a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce. 10.99
Add grilled shrimp, scallops or chicken breast, or choose two. 14.99
Alice Springs Chicken®
Wood-fire grilled chicken breast topped with sautéed mushrooms, crisp bacon, melted Monterey Jack and Cheddar and finished with our honey mustard sauce. Served with Aussie Fries. 14.49
Grilled Chicken on the Barbie
Seasoned and wood-fire grilled chicken breast with our signature BBQ sauce. Served with fresh seasonal
mixed veggies. 11.49
Sweet Glazed Pork Tenderloin* (based on availability)
Slow-roasted and drizzled with a sweet tangy glaze. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh
steamed green beans. 11.99
Wood-Fire Grilled Pork Chop*
A lean wood-fire grilled pork chop. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, fresh steamed green beans
and our own Creole marmalade. 14.99
STRAIGHT FROM THE SEA
Norwegian Salmon*
From the icy cold waters of Norway, seasoned and wood-fire grilled.
Served with fresh seasonal mixed veggies. 14.99
Tilapia* with Pure Lump Crab Meat
Tilapia crowned with crab stuffing, pure lump crab meat and sliced mushrooms, finished with a drizzle
of light lemon butter Chablis sauce. Served with fresh seasonal mixed veggies. 14.99
Simply Grilled Mahi*
Seasoned and wood-fire grilled Mahi served with fresh seasonal mixed veggies. 14.99
Seafood Mixed Grill* - NEW!
Wood-fire grilled Mahi with seasoned and golden seared shrimp and scallops. Served with fresh seasonal
mixed veggies and remoulade sauce. 16.49
Hearts of Gold Mahi*
Wood-fire grilled Mahi topped with artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, green onions and a light lemon sauce.
Served with fresh seasonal mixed veggies. 15.99
CHOOSE YOUR ADD ONS:
1/2 lb. Snow Crab - NEW! 7.99
Blue Cheese Crumb Crust 1.00
Horseradish Crumb Crust 1.00
Sautéed Mushrooms 2.79
Grilled Shrimp 4.99
Coconut Shrimp 4.99
Grilled Scallops 6.99
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:07 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Chris:
Back in the 60's while attending college in Denver, we lived in apartment just down the street from an Arby's and a friend was working there to earn spending money for college. One night he "borrowed" one of their cooked roasts and invited us over for a feast with beers. We found out very quickly that it was inedible unless sliced very very thinly!

Also back in the 60s, Dawg roomed one semester with this guy who worked at a Mc Donalds in Tuscaloosa when their burgers were $0.12 each if memory serves me. Every night they would have some burgers left over as, if you will remember, McDonalds was the place that started this trend of preparing burgers in advance so one could receive one´s order almost immediately upon request. Every night my roomie would bring home a sack of cold McDonalds burgers left over at the end of the business day which, back then in Tuscaloosa, was 11:00PM. We lived on those congealed burgers for that semester but at the end of the semester I got the hell out of there. I never ate another one of those tiny McDoanlds burgers again and that was 49 years ago.

Earlier in this thread, John writes about the fabulous burger with all the fixings at Outback Steakhouse but yesterday, being obligated to take a friend to the Guadalajara airport, I had my usual airport fantasy lunch of a Burger King Cheese Whopper, a Kryspy Kreme raspberry doughnut and a Pepsi. Normally I would have had a straight up Herradura Blanco double tequila to wash down the junk food but Dawg is on the wagon at present so the fantasy lunch was incomplete. Except for the necessarily omitted tequila, that was one fine lunch and almost certainly beat anything Outback Steakhouse could serve up. I don´t know what the burger and doughnut cost since the cost was not involved in my decision as to what to have for lunch at the airport which is always the same thing. Why bother myself with the cost of an airport Cheese Whopper with a doughnut and premium tequila. This information simply induces heartburn.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Dawg:

Your story of the bags of burgers reminded me of when I lived in Aspen, CO back in the mid 70's. Being the uptight exclusive resort town they were, fast food joints would never have been permitted. Many of the "locals" were firmly parked in Aspen and would rarely leave the valley. Being the working stiff salesman that I was, I was constantly driving to Denver and other more progressive spots with fast food joints and coerced into bring back large bags of Big Macs for friends. These Big Macs would be popped in their freezers and then rationed to eliminate future Big Mac cravings.

I could never grasp the concept since Aspen was known for a great variety of superb restaurants of all types!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2