INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOLF CLUBS/CUSTOMS DUTY

+3
hockables
David
lisatx
7 posters

Go down

GOLF CLUBS/CUSTOMS DUTY Empty GOLF CLUBS/CUSTOMS DUTY

Post by lisatx Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:15 am

IF THERE ARE ANY GOLFERS OUT THERE PERHAPS YOU CAN INFORM ME ON CUSTOMS DUTY. I'M WANTING TO BUY A COUPLE OF HYBRID CLUBS. NOT SURE IF IT WOULD BE BEST TO BUY THEM BEFOE I ARRIVE LAKESIDE OR WAIT UNTIL I ARRIVE AND ORDER THEM ONLINE. I'M SURE IF THE LATER I WOULD HAVE TO PAY DUTY. IS THERE ANYWAY TO CALCULATE HOW MUCH THAT WOULD BE WHEN EACH CLUB WOULD COST $101.00

lisatx

Back to top Go down

GOLF CLUBS/CUSTOMS DUTY Empty Re: GOLF CLUBS/CUSTOMS DUTY

Post by David Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 am

Best way is to buy them and bring them with you. Personal sport equipment incurs no duty. Otherwise if you order from here have them shipped USPS Priority International, there's usually no duy that way. Postal is slow but inexpesive. If you ship them FedEx or UPS it's quick but you'll pay duty of as much as $500 pesos.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:28 am

David wrote:Best way is to buy them and bring them with you. Personal sport equipment incurs no duty. Otherwise if you order from here have them shipped USPS Priority International, there's usually no duy that way. Postal is slow but inexpesive. If you ship them FedEx or UPS it's quick but you'll pay duty of as much as $500 pesos.

A few years ago I brought down a couple of cheap sets as temporary.... this was just as the airlines were introducing their new and improved cargo rate schedule.... sporting goods that were free are now weighed in with everything else...
It cost me $300 ...... as I plan to spend some real time Lakeside... I'm wanting to bring better...
Just a little Miffed is all.... nothing cheap about bringing them with you if you're flying....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:43 am

In response to Hock's post - here is a bit of interesting info:
Volaris offers an interesting deal that covers sports equipment. They have a program by which one can add to their baggage allowance 22 extra pounds of checked baggage for a total of 55lbs, 11 extra pounds of carry on for a total of 33lbs and one bag of sporting equipment (must be actually equipment with no fudging of sports clothing) for:
[img]GOLF CLUBS/CUSTOMS DUTY Vol10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:49 am

Maybe different with Canadian carriers. I went to the US last summer and took my clubs, the cost was the same as for an extra bag.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisatx Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:10 am

Well I think I'm kind of stuck as far as a set of clubs goes. I have a new $1,400 set and have checked on numerous ways of getting them lakeside. The fedex types want around $400.00 ship. The P.O. won't ship because there over 70#. A mover from Lake Chapala want $2,900. And alas, the airlines will charge just $150.00
So that is not a problem. However, I'm wanting to replace my longer range irons w/ hybrid clubs. The issue is wether to buy them before I leave or simply wait and buy them online and have them shipped lakeside. If I will only be charged 500 mx
pesos as a custom duty I suppose it would be cheaper to wait and have them sent.
Unless hat is $36 for each club as a customs tariff. At any rate the set of clubs are baked in the cake-there coming w/ papa on the plane. It's just these two new hybrids i\I'm wondering about.

lisatx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Stick the new hybrids in the bag. There's no 14 club rule for checked baggage! BTW, where are you going to play golf here?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by trkgal Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:54 pm

lisatx wrote:IF THERE ARE ANY GOLFERS OUT THERE PERHAPS YOU CAN INFORM ME ON CUSTOMS DUTY. I'M WANTING TO BUY A COUPLE OF HYBRID CLUBS. NOT SURE IF IT WOULD BE BEST TO BUY THEM BEFOE I ARRIVE LAKESIDE OR WAIT UNTIL I ARRIVE AND ORDER THEM ONLINE. I'M SURE IF THE LATER I WOULD HAVE TO PAY DUTY. IS THERE ANYWAY TO CALCULATE HOW MUCH THAT WOULD BE WHEN EACH CLUB WOULD COST $101.00

I ordered a Callaway FT Tour from Callaway preowned last year, and thought because it was used.....no duty.......now I am :"DUMBER THAN A POST"....They got me for 1250 pesos duty!!!!!, on $175.00 purchase. You ship it and you are the mercy of customs. Many clubs are manufactured in China...create big issue!

Sent you a PM

trkgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Simple -- If you bring the clubs with you, no duty. If you ship them, you'll pay a duty as well as high shipping charges.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:53 pm

lisatx wrote:IF THERE ARE ANY GOLFERS OUT THERE PERHAPS YOU CAN INFORM ME ON CUSTOMS DUTY. I'M WANTING TO BUY A COUPLE OF HYBRID CLUBS. NOT SURE IF IT WOULD BE BEST TO BUY THEM BEFOE I ARRIVE LAKESIDE OR WAIT UNTIL I ARRIVE AND ORDER THEM ONLINE. I'M SURE IF THE LATER I WOULD HAVE TO PAY DUTY. IS THERE ANYWAY TO CALCULATE HOW MUCH THAT WOULD BE WHEN EACH CLUB WOULD COST $101.00

Sent you a PM.......ship them to me and I will bring them to Chapala....cost you a couple Pacifico.....departing the 11th from AZ....I will remove them from packaging.....buying in Mexico would probably be a mistake.....
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down