INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“QUINTO SABOR”, Jocotepec

Go down

“QUINTO SABOR”, Jocotepec Empty “QUINTO SABOR”, Jocotepec

Post by Parker Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:39 pm

We all had an excellent Dinner the other night at “Quinto Sabor” restaurant, in Jocotepec. Each couple started with a shared vegie Tempura appetizers which included; carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, onion rings and two large shrimp (plenty for two and very good). Then there was a very nice green salad (much like a Caesar) and rolls....Main course; two had shrimp, (one spicy, one curry), one person had chicken stuffed with ham & cheese (Not that, preprepared frozen stuff (crap) called Cordon Blue, that other restaurants use.) and the other had white fish. They all were excellent and very well prepared.

Main course was also served with a side dish of fettuccini Alfredo (best I’ve had here), rice, potato or veggies. Three had the Alfredo the other veggies. (IMO, large portions) Then each couple shared an order of a tri-sampler chocolate mousse. (Once again plenty and a nice way to finish off dinner) Although one little piggy had to have a triple shot of espresso (I’m only jealous because it looked sooo good.)

Drinks; One couple had a bottle of wine while the other couple had a cocktail, house wine and two beers.

Now don’t quote me on the prices (we were really having a good time) but our main dishes ran from 90 to 110 pesos (steaks were about 120 pesos) Drinks seemed reasonable. All I know is this little piggy's couples bill came to 380 peso +tip. Even though the prices seemed great it was their preparation that took it over the top, IMHO.

First time there, we eat early around 5:30 pm so we can visit and get unrushed service, and beat the crowds if there are going to be any.

Directions; Coming from Ajijic drive strait through town, pass the plaza until you dead-end, make a left, go two blocks (Juarez), make a left and maybe 2 to 3 properties down, there it is. IMO it doesn’t look like the typical restaurant around, very modern. We got the seats by the water-wall.

“QUINTO SABOR”
Juarez Ote. 21, Jocotepec, JAL.
Tel. (01-387) 763 1861

If you like “EL JARDIN de NINETTE”, I think you’ll be pleased. Although the cuisine is more a creative style it’s the same kind of care in preparation. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down