INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Dog Hit by a Car

4 posters

Go down

Lost Dog Hit by a Car Empty Lost Dog Hit by a Car

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:57 am

Received this email from a friend in Ajijic who runs a B and B behind El Torrito:

Friends all-- if you can help...or know someone who might help, I'd sure appreciate it!

Last night some stupidly careless and thoughtless driver hit a gorgeous lab pup -- about 1 year old --in front of the B&B and broke his leg. Today I am having the leg set, and having him neutered at Dr. Ladron's...and it's going to cost me around $400 for that. Would there be any chance that one of you might foster him until i find a new home for him? I will pay for food. "Grito" (what i call him, given the night of this incident) is a very sweet guy and passersby might think of him as a watch dog (until new owners are found). I will come over every day with food, water and a pooper scooper.

If you'd rather not do this, i understand. I'm actually contacting everyone. I know it's a lot to ask. I have three dogs here at the moment, or I'd keep him myself. he really is a beauty and sweet guy.

Thanks for your help and advice!

If anyone can help or has advice please let us know.

TIA
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lost Dog Hit by a Car Empty Re: Lost Dog Hit by a Car

Post by Carry Bean Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 am

I might be able to do it but not until next week. My 3 dogs are females & would probably get along with a male.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:20 am

Oh, Carry Bean, that's awesome! Here is Carrol's info and the poster she just completed so you can contact her directly. This is VERY nice of you!

We were absolutely horrified last Saturday night, September 15th, to see this beautiful black Labrador Retriever felled by a hit-and-run driver and left for dead in Ajijic. Who in their right mind could do such a thing? But even in that near-fatal crisis, this black-haired beauty showed what a very special guy he could be. As we leaned down to pick him up, he raised his head, licked my face, wagged his tail, and then fell into my arms with barely a whimper.

Now I ask you: Was it pure circumstance -- or a message about a bright new beginning -- that just as we came to his aid and pulled him off the street, the church bells in the Plaza started to peal out their Independence Day message? Whichever it was, with such an auspicious declaration ringing out, it only seemed only fitting that his new name should be:
“Grito”

But first things first-- a quick emergency call to Dr. Antonio Ladron at the animal hospital was placed, and shortly thereafter Grito was on his way to a full medical check-up, followed by surgery for a broken ankle (and yes, to be neutered too).

Grito is now recovering nicely at La Paloma B&B in Ajijic, but we need to find him a new home and the wonderful new life he deserves. It is in that regard we turn to you. If you --or a kindly neighbor-- have a home with a yard that would accommodate this delightful young guy, please call and arrange to meet him. We are 1000% confident that Grito and his lucky new Owner will have the “…and they lived happily ever after” life that they both so richly deserve!

Thank you for reading this!

And thank you for helping us to find “Grito” a new home!
Please Call La Paloma B&B at 766-4140
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 am

I'll call.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 am

Thank you CB, you da bomb.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:32 am

Done deal. She was going to take him to Gudrun's but she'll keep him until next week when I can take him. At least if my dogs don't like him (doubtful that will happen) I guess there will be Gudrun's as another option.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 am

Coooooooool!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Update! Just got a call from the lady at La Paloma. It seems several people offered to take Grito for a forever home so I'll be the back-up plan in case he needs a different home.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Yay Grito!
And yay CBob for having such a good forum full of all us cool peeps.
Thanks for everything CB.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:29 pm

The lady´s name is Carol and she is the nicest lady and the Paloma is a nice B& B.
It is great that the dog got a home forever.
It seems that there are more dogs and puppies than I have seen for a few years.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Apparently this doggie is still available. Just received this from Carrol:

Lonely Labrador Seeks Lasting Love
PLEASE HELP! "Grito" still needs new digs. I am totally willing to drive him to his new home...or put someone up for a night here at the B&B when they come to collect him. He's all healed -- with no scars, fleas or bugs-- and rarin' to go home! I've packed a 2 month supply of dogfood and chew bones for him, and will happily send along $1000 pesos to the lucky new owner to help get him back home. This handsome guy is now neutered, and is a gorgeous bundle of health and happiness!

-Thanks so much to everyone for your help! --Carrol at La Paloma B&B (376)766-4140

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Dog Center Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:40 pm

I was told he was going to be taken to the ranch - :)

but definitely same dog - (picture taken while he was at Ladrones by one of the doctors)

Lost Dog Hit by a Car DSC02331

Lake Chapala Dog Center

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down