INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish classes in the area

4 posters

Go down

Spanish classes in the area Empty Spanish classes in the area

Post by Abrria Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:23 pm

My conversational class just isn't quite giving me what I need. I know about the classes at LCS and I believe there is one in Chapala. If anyone has the website address for the Chapala that would be greatly appreciated. Any suggestions, comments would be great.
Muchas gracias y tenga un buen dia.

Abrria
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Spanish classes in the area Empty Re: Spanish classes in the area

Post by elgringo Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:26 pm

i'm interested in the chapala classes also. they have a class starting in september. i believe it is a 4 week crash course. if i'm not mistaken they have 3 hours of homework a night. i just don't know about the homework part, i think i'm still too lazy to do homework.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrria Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:12 pm

elgringo wrote:i'm interested in the chapala classes also. they have a class starting in september. i believe it is a 4 week crash course. if i'm not mistaken they have 3 hours of homework a night. i just don't know about the homework part, i think i'm still too lazy to do homework.

I do understand the reservations about homework. Fortunately I am a product of 12 years of Catholic boarding school. I know when I started college (at age 28) it just took me about 3 weeks to revert to the study habits from school. For me, I am almost trying to approach this as a job. What is the "salary" I will receive by making a commitment to learning the language? Again, just for me, I will be more comfortable to travel and have a foundation in the language so I will be better prepared to understand this wonderful country. I do think it helps if a person is doing this with a friend then you can maybe study together or whatever. I have gained most of whatever Spanish I have learned from taking my conversational class and then secondly from my landlady's maintenance man. I have gotten to the point that I am just going to try to speak the language, tripping over myself as I go along, and appreciate the corrections.

I apologize if I have gotten carried away with this response.

Buena suerte.

Abrria
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by eñe Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:07 pm

I dunno, to me, 3 hours of homework seems excessive. Maybe because it's an intensive course? If this "crash course" is the one you're interested in, it may be helpful to see if they do some sort of testing at the beginning to determine more specifically what level you're at, so you aren't wasting time repeating stuff you've already "logged into" your brain, so you're doing 3 hours of productive work that's actually expanding your comprehension and fluency... Very Happy Good luck, and let us know which class you decide to go to and how you are doing!

eñe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrria Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:30 pm

I did go to their website and I believe there is a test on there so that they will know where to place you. I visited with my conversational Spanish teacher and the sense I got from him was that blocks of 3-4 hours in class may be a bit much. I am going to talk with a friend of mine who is involved with the Spanish classes at LCS. I'll keep you updated. One thing I would love to do is to find just a few people who would like to get together on a regular basis to practice speaking.

Abrria
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:36 am

Has anyone taken this "crash course" Spanish class? If so, I would love to get some feedback on it as we are considering this course. There is also mention of a website. I would appreciate a link to that too if anyone knows it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down