INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MANIX Restaurant Review

3 posters

Go down

MANIX Restaurant Review Empty MANIX Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:26 am

Yesterday afternoon nineteen of us went to Manix for a Farewell Dinner party for my Cousins wife who is moving to FL. Hector, the owner was at the door to greet everyone. We held the party upstairs where it was very bright and airy. We all ordered off the menu as when I organized it, I thought it best to do it that way, as tastes are so varied. Each entree comes with a choice of soup or salad. The soup was Tortilla and the salad is a mixed salad with romaine lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and red and yellow peppers. They serve 3 kinds of dressing in bowls: Italian (oil and vinegar), Ranch and Blue Cheese. The salads were good.

I don't know what everyone ordered, except for those around me. I know many people ordered the Oso Bucco which is veal shank. It was huge with lots of meat falling off the bone. It is served with Fetucinne Alfredo. Some ordered the Chicken Florentine, which I had previously at another function at Manix. It is white chicken breast with spinach and was excellent. I ordered Veal Valdostanna which are tender slices of veal with prosciutto, cheese and mushrooms. Deeeelicious. One person ordered a Filet Mignon, very large and tender covered with mushrooms. My cousins wife ordered Salmon which she said was cooked perfectly and she's extremely fussy about how her fish is cooked. Most of the meals are served with a twice baked potato, vegetable and their well known corn souffle. Deeeliscious.

Hector came out at the end of the meal and comped everyone a dessert of white or chocolate cake a la mode with coconut ice cream. A nice touch to finish up our meals.

Manix raised their prices 10 pesos, but so what. Manix fills the plate with food, more than any other restaurant in Ajijic and is the "most" consistent restaurant in Ajijic. Some other restaurants need to go take lessons from them on how to prepare food and be consistent.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

MANIX Restaurant Review Empty Re: MANIX Restaurant Review

Post by gringal Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:05 am

Manix fills the plate with food, more than any other restaurant in Ajijic
;"It was huge"; "very large" (John)

That seems to be quite a concern in your reviews. ...but ni modo. I am biased, since I am more than full, practically anywhere we go. And on top of that........dessert? Naah.

The menu sounds straight out of a time gone by. Waay by. Twice baked potato and corn souffle? My arteries are clogging already, hearing the choices.

However, I'll give it another try, since it's been in business a long time and must be doing something right!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 am

gringal wrote:
Manix fills the plate with food, more than any other restaurant in Ajijic
;"It was huge"; "very large" (John)

That seems to be quite a concern in your reviews. ...but ni modo. I am biased, since I am more than full, practically anywhere we go. And on top of that........dessert? Naah.

The menu sounds straight out of a time gone by. Waay by. Twice baked potato and corn souffle? My arteries are clogging already, hearing the choices.

However, I'll give it another try, since it's been in business a long time and must be doing something right!

In other words, you get what you pay for, which is way more than I can say at some other restaurants here. You can always take home some food, as at least two of our friends do for lunch or light dinner the next day. Twice baked potato?? Old fashioned! Most people are too GD lazy to cook them. They do require extra work. Corn Souffle!!! Everybody that goes to Manix loves them.

The dessert was very light, a sponge cake full of air.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 pm

I kinda figured you'd say that, even down to "you get what you pay for". Except when you don't, of course.
razberry

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 am

Any restaurant around here that can handle 19 hungry, cranky old farts storming their place should be given an award.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:09 am

HelperGuy wrote:Any restaurant around here that can handle 19 hungry, cranky old farts storming their place should be given an award.

Hector is a professional restauranteur. He is seasoned as is his family who owned it before him. We didn't storm the place as I always make reservations one week ahead. Kudos to the two waitresses who served us.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down