INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FDNY and Sandy

+6
slainte39
viajero
ferret
Jim W
jrm30655
Trailrunner
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FDNY and Sandy - Page 2 Empty Re: FDNY and Sandy

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:36 am

Karina is a great case study in how not to prepare and how not to deal with a hurricane and any future President who hasn't learned from it would have to be deemed totally incompetent! From the current news reports, it doesn't appear that there has been much in the way of looting. A few minor reports out of Philadelphia is about all I have seen so far. There was a flurry of reports that Twitter was being used to recruit looters: http://www.naturalnews.com/037756_looting_Hurricane_Sandy_armed_resistance.html
I am guessing that the reports of mobilizations of National Guard in various States and the fact that police departments were beefed up may have knocked some sense into these otherwise foolish people?

I was talking to the lady who manages the closest gas station to our house this morning. She was a New Orleans native and had 14 members of her family living in New Orleans when Katrina hit. 5 of her family members died and she and her husband were lucky enough to be moved to Albuquerque by the government since there was a lack of housing. While she does miss certain aspects of New Orleans, she really appreciates our more stable weather!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

FDNY and Sandy - Page 2 Empty Re: FDNY and Sandy

Post by penylofr Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Tragically, most of the families in Breezy Point were retired families from the NYC fire and police department. Now they have nothing, everything destroyed by the fires. I'm donating through the Red Cross as they are desperate for help.

penylofr

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2