INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool?

+21
Ezzie
brigitte
CanuckBob
Chapalagringa
mattoleriver
hockables
solajijic
Hensley
Carry Bean
sparks
ferret
viajero
elehne1
SunFan
E-raq
gringal
CheenaGringo
Rosa Venus
Tony_In_Mexico
wheels
joec
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool?

Post by hockables Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Pfffttt.... don't need no heat....
But there's something to be said for a bottle o wine and a movie on a day like this....
Gawd, I'm lern'n ta like this retirement stuff...

hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool?

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:25 pm

John:

Pretty easy to find out the heating oil prices for Massachusetts:
http://www.newenglandoil.com/mass.htm

Looks like there is quite the range from $3.29 to $3.80 or so in the greater Boston area.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:11 pm

It's not even the cold that bothers me as much as the constant grey in the winter where I was originally from. Not just a couple of days but it seemed all winter it was grey, grey, grey which is another reason I moved to the Caribbean & then here.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:49 pm

joec wrote:
And I wonder what the price per gallon of home heating oil is? Are they gouging like on gasoline? I'll bet they are.
Maybe Hugo Chavez will send in sibsidized heating oil again this year.

George
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 pm

Sorry Joec ;), I don't know anyone that uses heating oil anymore. That may just be our circle of friends and family though...everyone has natural gas. Either gas furnaces (which are tiny now) or multiple gas fireplaces with the logs hooked up to a thermostat. Shocked the hell out me once when I strolled into the family room with my morning coffee and the fireplace came on.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:I am FREEZING. Is this what it's like to live in Canada? Shocked

haha, if you live here year round, this is our Canada!

We lit the fire this a.m. and I'm soooo glad we have it! I grew up with this sort of weather and it'll be nice for a day, tomorrow, I'd like my usual crisp clear blue skies and plenty of sunshine please.

E-raq wrote:Heating here, we just gave the new ventless fire logs a workout, finally. TOASTY!!!!! You can't leave them on for too long, it actually gets too hot.

I woke up this morning and wondered what to layer to stay warm to drink my coffee, walked into the living room and dh had ours going, it was soooo nice. We had it running almost all afternoon, then it got hot.

Sparks, you're the next best thing to a real weatherman :O)

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:58 am

"But the tour guide promised us that it only rained during 3 months of the year and only at night time"...........jajaja.

Whenever you are feeling it is "cold" just google the weather in any Canadian city. I have Vancouver's weather displaying right beside Chapala's and right now our night time low is their daytime high. My idea of cold is below 55 degrees.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 am

I bet that all the people who come from cold climate had houses warmer than here.
I know my sister freezes here at our house although we use heaters at night and a fireplace as our house is a whole lot cooler than her apartment in Paris. The houses here are drafty and colder than the houses of people in cold climate.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 am

CanuckBob wrote:"But the tour guide promised us that it only rained during 3 months of the year and only at night time"...........jajaja.

Whenever you are feeling it is "cold" just google the weather in any Canadian city. I have Vancouver's weather displaying right beside Chapala's and right now our night time low is their daytime high. My idea of cold is below 55 degrees.......

You might have to wait another month for that low of 55 degrees. It usually gets no lower than 49 degrees at night during December and January, then starts warming up just a bit during the second two weeks of February.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 am

Well done Chapalagringa. Those firelogs are just amazing. We put ours on this morning and the room is completely warm and feels drier too after all that nasty rain early this morning.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Drove from Lakeside to the Toronto area over the weekend. In East Texas it was 84F on Saturday afternoon. I crossed the border at Port Huron/Sarnia at 9AM Sunday morning and was greeted by a wall of lake effect snow off of Lake Huron for the first 10 km. or so on the Canadian side. Wow - what a shock as a welcome back present!

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:30 am

CG, could you tell us more about these firelogs? Are they gas logs?

Thanks.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:35 pm

This is not cold; I suspect the problem is that we have forgotten how to live without heat and a/c. Here are some hints from my cold and miserable childhood:

- Instead of cranking up the heat, put on a sweater, socks, hats, and/or gloves. (Tip: Snuggies are for those who cannot operate a blanket)
- Five minutes of exercise will warm you right up. You can do it during the commercials.
- Fireplaces are not just decorative, they actually are made to heat you up here. Buy firewood in bulk from the guy near Alcaseca west of Ajijic.
- Many people use space heaters for the few truly cool days.
- Roll around with your pets, it's one of the great joys of life and you both get warmer.
- Sleep with one dog if it's cool, two if it's cold. You should never see a Three Dog Night in this area. Count a spouse or partner as one of the dogs.

Hope that helps,
Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool? - Page 2 Empty Cold WTF!

Post by georgeorwell2013 Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:33 pm

There must be a very serious illness here at Lake Side, its called complete memory loss. Cold are you telling me its cold. Hey how about 25 below in Detroit and 3 feet of Snow in Colorado, more than once. So if you lived in any of the VERY COLD north, don't even say cold. Chilly OK but no freaking snow shovels, boots, tire chains, and ah I could go on, but you get the point. This is Freakin' Heaven!

georgeorwell2013

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:37 pm

georgeorwell2013 wrote:There must be a very serious illness here at Lake Side, its called complete memory loss. Cold are you telling me its cold. Hey how about 25 below in Detroit and 3 feet of Snow in Colorado, more than once. So if you lived in any of the VERY COLD north, don't even say cold. Chilly OK but no freaking snow shovels, boots, tire chains, and ah I could go on, but you get the point. This is Freakin' Heaven!

And your memory George??? Forgotten about central heating already???
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:46 pm

After all the pronouncements about whether it's cold or not.........gimme a break:
If you feel cold, it's COLD. So it's subjective. So what? Does somebody telling me "it's not cold" change a thing? If they're from the frozen tundra, what do they know from "Cold" in Mexico?

It's as bad as "It's not hot". Same deal. If I'm hot, "it" is HOT.

So, since the purpose of this forum is information sharing........why not stick to doing that? Where's the best wood supplier? Where do you get those firelogs?

BTW, there's a lady at the Monday (and Tuesday) markets selling some snuggly hand knitted booties from a co-op. All sizes. Fleecy, attractive.......around 300 pesos. So get toastier and help a good cause, too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:08 pm

I saw a fellow at about 9:00am this morning with a parka, gloves and a woolly balaclava ski mask on. He was either robbing the OXXO or very cold......jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool? - Page 2 Empty cold vs cold

Post by georgeorwell2013 Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Yep u are all right my cold is not yours, as is my hot is different. But when the coldest day at Lakeside is 45 degrees, Jan of this year, and hottest is 90 degrees, hello. Oh yeah, I spent a year in P hole AZ, that was hot, 102 at midnight etc. Just sayin when National G, says its the 2nd best climate in the world,next to Kenya, well isn't that the reason you are all here?

georgeorwell2013

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:46 am

CanuckBob wrote:I saw a fellow at about 9:00am this morning with a parka, gloves and a woolly balaclava ski mask on. He was either robbing the OXXO or very cold......jajajaja.

Guaranteed he was a Mexican. They get more chilly (cold) faster than us NOB types. Soon you'll see the fires at the side of our Carretera and at the side of the Chapala-GDL carretera so they can keep warm.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 am

The answer. WHY HAS IT BEEN COLD AND WET? Steve the weather guy is on strike.

Period full stop. End of transmission.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:01 am

Good news. He has again decided to give us some good weather. Just don't get him mad.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2