INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Income requirements to live here...

+18
David
gatosigi
hound dog
viajero
joec
Jim W
E-raq
Lady Otter Latté
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
gringomojado
CheenaGringo
SunsetKid
jrm30655
hockables
ChapalaEllis
Zedinmexico
sundown
GBATRUCKS
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Income requirements to live here... - Page 2 Empty Re: New Income requirements to live here...

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm

E-raq writes:

Fear not Chris, my doggies are safe at home and asleep. Then there is that electric fence, which earned me the E in front of my name. [/quote]

Dawg was so fond of that concertina wire I put up when we had that spate of burglaries and other general unpleasantness around here a couple of years ago but I also, at that time, set up a sophisticated constantly monitored home alarm system which turned out to be a hell of a lot more important than all that concertina, high walls and barred widows and doors. The other day I locked myself out of my secure fortress and no way was I going to get in there even though I have a remote alarm control and can turn off the alarm system from off premise. Well. that was it and I was stuck outside until, much to my pleasure, a couple of young men I know from my neighborhood happened upon the scene and asked if they couild be of assistance. Since I know and trust these guys and they have done a lot of work for me in the past, I told them of my dilemma and requested their help in gaining access to my property. They were doing some work in the neighborhood and had a ladder with them for painting. I tell you, folks, the most nimble of those two guys was over that ten foot wall and formidable looking concertina wire and had opened the gate for me from inside in the time it would take Dawg to pour a shot of tequila straight up much less drink it. I was reminded of what a contractor we hired 12 years ago told me when we had just moved here and were remodeling and I inquired as to certain security measures we should implement at the time to prevent home invasions. "Señor," he responded,"in Mexico, if we want to get into your property, we will get into your property." Since that time, I have concentrated upon making sure my neighbors´properties were easier "marks" than mine.

Reminds me of the old joke about two hunters walking in the north woods who rounded a bend and saw a huge, angry grizzly bear snarling and preparing to give chase and, as these guys were racing through the woods trying to escape, one guy stops and starts putting on running shoes. The other guy is incredulous and screams, " Are you nuts, you can't outrun a grizzly bear.", to which the guy putting of the shoes replies, "I don´t have to outrun the bear, I´ve just got to outrun you."

hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

New Income requirements to live here... - Page 2 Empty Re: New Income requirements to live here...

Post by E-raq Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 pm

hound dog wrote:E-raq writes:

Fear not Chris, my doggies are safe at home and asleep. Then there is that electric fence, which earned me the E in front of my name.

Dawg was so fond of that concertina wire I put up when we had that spate of burglaries and other general unpleasantness around here a couple of years ago but I also, at that time, set up a sophisticated constantly monitored home alarm system which turned out to be a hell of a lot more important than all that concertina, high walls and barred widows and doors. The other day I locked myself out of my secure fortress and no way was I going to get in there even though I have a remote alarm control and can turn off the alarm system from off premise. Well. that was it and I was stuck outside until, much to my pleasure, a couple of young men I know from my neighborhood happened upon the scene and asked if they couild be of assistance. Since I know and trust these guys and they have done a lot of work for me in the past, I told them of my dilemma and requested their help in gaining access to my property. They were doing some work in the neighborhood and had a ladder with them for painting. I tell you, folks, the most nimble of those two guys was over that ten foot wall and formidable looking concertina wire and had opened the gate for me from inside in the time it would take Dawg to pour a shot of tequila straight up much less drink it. I was reminded of what a contractor we hired 12 years ago told me when we had just moved here and were remodeling and I inquired as to certain security measures we should implement at the time to prevent home invasions. "Señor," he responded,"in Mexico, if we want to get into your property, we will get into your property." Since that time, I have concentrated upon making sure my neighbors´properties were easier "marks" than mine.

Reminds me of the old joke about two hunters walking in the north woods who rounded a bend and saw a huge, angry grizzly bear snarling and preparing to give chase and, as these guys were racing through the woods trying to escape, one guy stops and starts putting on running shoes. The other guy is incredulous and screams, " Are you nuts, you can't outrun a grizzly bear.", to which the guy putting of the shoes replies, "I don´t have to outrun the bear, I´ve just got to outrun you." [/quote]

Thanks Dawg. Got Xanax? How about Xanax with a tequila chaser? That's what I'm having at 6 p.m. on the dot.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Go ahead, E-raq, mi amiga. It´s already after 8:00 PM in in Brigitte´s home town of Paris and it´s important to get mellow before eating the pig´s feet at Les Halles and watching the sun rise. Pretend you are there and remember what George Costanza said to Jerry Seinfeld, "If you really believe it, it´s not a lie."
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:18 pm

The board lacks interest/usefulness when it veers off topic like this. Better to go to the playpen if you want to call names.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 am

gatosigi wrote:The board lacks interest/usefulness when it veers off topic like this. Better to go to the playpen if you want to call names.

Hmmmm, we have not been introduced. You must be the new moderator huh?

Let's get a coupla things straight here, O.K.

1. This board always veers off topic in every imaginable form.
2. If you think this is name calling you must be very new around here.
3. This is when topics DO get interesting, even perchance, useful.

Now be a good little boy or girl and pour yourself a drink, it's almost happy hour.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 am

Sorry I got here late, did some regular posters have sexual reassignment surgery? Do all newbies get one shot, and one shot only, at tell us how this board "should" operate? Concerning the gender of members, do we declare when we register? Maybe we should but we'd miss the humor of the erroneous assumptions of some posters! It's a good demonstration of how much we often assume. Nimrod, it's CheenaGringO, the O indicates male gender.

Last edited by David on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 am

gatosigi: what E-raq said.
Plus as I said above: If you do not like where this is going STOP READING THE THREAD. When you are at a party and you find the conversation boring or offensive, what do you do? You walk away and find people more suited to your tastes with whom to converse. I see that joec has continued to read this thread that he too is annoyed with. Perhaps the two of you could start a nice, sweet, kind thread.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:50 am

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:
gatosigi wrote:The board lacks interest/usefulness when it veers off topic like this. Better to go to the playpen if you want to call names.

Hmmmm, we have not been introduced. You must be the new moderator huh?

Let's get a coupla things straight here, O.K.

1. This board always veers off topic in every imaginable form.
2. If you think this is name calling you must be very new around here.
3. This is when topics DO get interesting, even perchance, useful.

Now be a good little boy or girl and pour yourself a drink, it's almost happy hour.

You must listen to E Raq because she's the new self appointed Moderator.

Et tu brute? Mr. Google is your friend Johnny. Now toddle off somewhere. Buh bye. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:01 am

hound dog wrote:Go ahead, E-raq, mi amiga. It´s already after 8:00 PM in in Brigitte´s home town of Paris and it´s important to get mellow before eating the pig´s feet at Les Halles and watching the sun rise. Pretend you are there and remember what George Costanza said to Jerry Seinfeld, "If you really believe it, it´s not a lie."

It's not a lie that I have now a massive vodka tonic beside me. One pissed off girl dog, and have just taken a codeine pill- The two dogs got into a fight over two little bears from Wally World, followed by a fight over a yellow ball and a red ball. Naughty girl doggy has been banished to the terrazza, and lovely boy doggy has the much nicer white bear and the yellow ball. YEE HAW bring it on Kiki.

Mommy got a care email from a doggy breeder friend. Guess what's coming our way. A scat mat and a citronella collar, especially for little Kiki.

http://www.safepetproducts.com/training-products/scat-mat-1

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/dog-supplies/dog-training/remote-behavior-training/ps/c/3307/9/30?ref=4131&subref=AA&cmpid=PPC-B-4131
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by milehighjane Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:19 am

far out, yea we are all here on a dream, which should have been the good ole USA, so stop nitpicking and enjoy the ride, as it won't last long. If you have $$$$ no problemo, but I have none, so I think i'll become another victim of politics.

milehighjane

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 am

Stardust?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoJimbo Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Back on topic for a moment...

Seems to me that the new (proposed?) income requirements which are causing some concern will likely change significantly in the near future to the point where they closely resemble the income requirements of the recent past.

Any proposed 'changes' to immigration rules for expats are frequently met with concern, worry and even panic. Then, when the dust clears, the rules haven't changed much, if at all.

Take this for what it's worth - the humble opinion of an expat who has been following the rules for more than a dozen years in Mexico.

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Me too. However, the income requirements have not changed in many years up to the introduction of the new ones. BTW, they're not "proposted" they're published.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:51 pm

David wrote:Me too. However, the income requirements have not changed in many years up to the introduction of the new ones. BTW, they're not "proposted" they're published.

They are published, but don't you think that they can change at any time?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:02 pm

ANYTHING can change at any time. This is Mexico.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:58 pm

With the new year. A new beginning. And things will change. You can't stop the future and you can't rewind the past.

And that is how change happens.... Surte
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:10 pm

joec wrote:
David wrote:Me too. However, the income requirements have not changed in many years up to the introduction of the new ones. BTW, they're not "proposted" they're published.

They are published, but don't you think that they can change at any time?

Sure they could. However, they haven't changed in over 7 years.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2