INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW YEARS EVE -

+3
Carry Bean
E-raq
gringal
7 posters

Go down

NEW YEARS EVE -  Empty NEW YEARS EVE -

Post by gringal Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:55 am

Went to Armando's for New Years Eve. They had a Special menu, but it included a bunch of things I can't eat right now, so we ordered... (oops, I forgot "the waiter came and we ordered drinks")....a glass of wine and our favorite from the regular menu: surf and turf brochette. Delicious, and highly recommended. Large crunchy shrimp; tender filet, excellent mashed taters. 115 pesos. Generous glass of Santa Alicia house wine: 40 pesos.

The place was booked solid and we were seated near the entry, so we watched the sad spectacle of people clueless enough to arrive at a restaurant on New Years' Eve without a reservation.... being turned away. Must have been at least a dozen. If I'd known it would be pouring rain when I made ours, I'd have stayed home and cooked, but I have no influence with the rain gods and my crystal ball is defective.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

NEW YEARS EVE -  Empty Re: NEW YEARS EVE -

Post by E-raq Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:35 am

gringal wrote:Went to Armando's for New Years Eve. They had a Special menu, but it included a bunch of things I can't eat right now, so we ordered... (oops, I forgot "the waiter came and we ordered drinks")....a glass of wine and our favorite from the regular menu: surf and turf brochette. Delicious, and highly recommended. Large crunchy shrimp; tender filet, excellent mashed taters. 115 pesos. Generous glass of Santa Alicia house wine: 40 pesos.

The place was booked solid and we were seated near the entry, so we watched the sad spectacle of people clueless enough to arrive at a restaurant on New Years' Eve without a reservation.... being turned away. Must have been at least a dozen. If I'd known it would be pouring rain when I made ours, I'd have stayed home and cooked, but I have no influence with the rain gods and my crystal ball is defective.
Beer

Sounds good, we'll have to try it once we've recovered.

New Years Ever here was a delicious homemade beef and barley soup. At midnight, we had a glass of champagne, I added a lot of pomegranate juice to mine. A pom bellini I guess, in front of the fire of course.

Is it my imagination or have all the New Years shows gone right down the crapper? Had to retreat back to bed after about 20 minutes of those.

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:18 am

I ate a ton of junk & watched a Cops marathon on Action. How pathetic is that? Very Happy

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 am

Not too much partying here as I had to drive my son to the airport at 4:00am. All was quiet on the highways.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:34 am

We hosted a small dinner party. Franny and one of the guests cooked up a massive amount of really good food. Too good; we all got stuffed then sat around and talked and the inevitable yawning commenced. The guests cleared out shortly after 11:00 and Franny and I struggled to stay up 'til midnight then collapsed into bed maybe five minutes into the New Year.

I think our status as "Party Animals" is seriously endangered.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Axixic wrote:We hosted a small dinner party. Franny and one of the guests cooked up a massive amount of really good food. Too good; we all got stuffed then sat around and talked and the inevitable yawning commenced. The guests cleared out shortly after 11:00 and Franny and I struggled to stay up 'til midnight then collapsed into bed maybe five minutes into the New Year.

I think our status as "Party Animals" is seriously endangered.

So soon after your arrival? It took us a number of years to get to that state. Oh BTW it gets worse, sooner or later your guests will be unable to see well in the dark, at which point, you either hire a driver for them or yourself or do afternoon comida. Just another slide down the razor blade of life.

One of our earlier New Years parties, we were guests, went on till 8 a.m. My how things change.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Carry Bean wrote:I ate a ton of junk & watched a Cops marathon on Action. How pathetic is that? Very Happy

Carry Bean, trust me on this, watching Toronto's New Years Eve show was a whole lot more pathetic than that, as was the Niagara Falls show.

Plus we're too sick to even eat a ton of junk. I didn't even eat one chocolate, and we have boxes of them. Good ones too.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:27 pm

If you think that’s sad, O.K., we’re thinking next year of having a “New Year Eve” breakfast. Getting old is not for the timid.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:56 pm

It ain't so bad...your guests just hafta know the rules. The last New Year's Eve bash we threw was in San Pancho. Lots of fun, laughter, dancing and good food BUT everybody knew they had to leave at 10. There was a two hour time difference (then) between us and Times Square...I put on the TV at 10 to 10 and we all watched the ball fall and brought in the New Year EST. We all exchanged New Year's wishes and then they all left and we went to bed. PERFECT!
Following up on Roofbob's idea...a jammie party for a New Year's Eve sounds like fun too.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down