INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO

+8
CanuckBob
Carry Bean
Axixic
Parker
akjerry
hound dog
jackak10
Jim W
12 posters

Go down

CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO  Empty CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:00 am

Wife left cell phone on console while car was washed Saturday. She didn't notice it was gone until this morning. Called the number and the voice mail has been set up in Spanish. Other than going to Lake Taco, when they are busy and calling the number to see who has it, not sure of best course of action. It is an unlocked iphone, and the GPS is active. We plan on going to Telmex tomorrow as the phone is registered properly.....LOL

Just a word to all....make sure anything of value is locked up or removed. BTW, my lighter was stolen Monday....same car wash, different vehicle. CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO  633732
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO  Empty Re: CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO

Post by jackak10 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:08 am

Going to the car wash is a good time to clean out your glove box, trunk, under the seats, etc. before someone else does. In Mexico or anywhere else.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO  Empty Re: CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO

Post by hound dog Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:37 am

When we had an accident in Tapachula, Chiapas, the car had to be taken in to a taller for repair that took over a week and so we took a bus back to San Cristóbal and returned to Tapachula a couple of weeks later for the car. Everything loose in the car had been stolen including the, by God, jack. I went to the Nissan dealer in San Cristóbal to inquire about getting a new jack and they told me that ,for that, they would have to request one from Japan as in all their years in business no one had ever asked for a jack replacement and a jack replacement would be quite expensive. We bought an all vehicle hydraulic jack but damn if I know how to use it.

By the way, after the accident, the local cops stole all of our money while we were temporarily incapacitated. Later, when we complained about this theft to some federal cops who were giving us a ride back to our hotel, they responded that they believed us as the local cops always steal everything from accident victims including the dead but there was nothing they could do about it as that was just the way things were in Chiapas. Then the feds demanded a mordida for giving us a ride to the hotel. We told them we only had $500 Pesos so they took that.

Losing a cell phone is chump change. Have you checked to see that your jack is still in the car?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by akjerry Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:50 am

You might do a search for "plan b iPhone"
I think I recall you maybe able to activate after the phone is lost or stolen
Akjerry

akjerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:01 am

hound dog wrote:When we had an accident in Tapachula, Chiapas, the car had to be taken in to a taller for repair that took over a week and so we took a bus back to San Cristóbal and returned to Tapachula a couple of weeks later for the car. Everything loose in the car had been stolen including the, by God, jack. I went to the Nissan dealer in San Cristóbal to inquire about getting a new jack and they told me that ,for that, they would have to request one from Japan as in all their years in business no one had ever asked for a jack replacement and a jack replacement would be quite expensive. We bought an all vehicle hydraulic jack but damn if I know how to use it.

By the way, after the accident, the local cops stole all of our money while we were temporarily incapacitated. Later, when we complained about this theft to some federal cops who were giving us a ride back to our hotel, they responded that they believed us as the local cops always steal everything from accident victims including the dead but there was nothing they could do about it as that was just the way things were in Chiapas. Then the feds demanded a mordida for giving us a ride to the hotel. We told them we only had $500 Pesos so they took that.

Losing a cell phone is chump change. Have you checked to see that your jack is still in the car?

Dawg, no question theft of cell is "Chump" change.....just wanted all to be aware. I've been going to this car wash for years, never an incident. Like many here only have cell for emergencies. Now that Lake Taco owns, we pay at restaurant. Possibly car wash workers aren't getting tips, as received in the past.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Jim W wrote:Wife left cell phone on console while car was washed Saturday. She didn't notice it was gone until this morning. Called the number and the voice mail has been set up in Spanish. Other than going to Lake Taco, when they are busy and calling the number to see who has it, not sure of best course of action. It is an unlocked iphone, and the GPS is active. We plan on going to Telmex tomorrow as the phone is registered properly.....LOL

Just a word to all....make sure anything of value is locked up or removed. BTW, my lighter was stolen Monday....same car wash, different vehicle. CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO  633732

Jim W., you always give us excellent advice but somehow you only recognize the issue after the fact. Please do yourself a favor and just be a bit more careful, Please, we all wish you the best.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Parker wrote:
Jim W wrote:Wife left cell phone on console while car was washed Saturday. She didn't notice it was gone until this morning. Called the number and the voice mail has been set up in Spanish. Other than going to Lake Taco, when they are busy and calling the number to see who has it, not sure of best course of action. It is an unlocked iphone, and the GPS is active. We plan on going to Telmex tomorrow as the phone is registered properly.....LOL

Jim W., you always give us excellent advice but somehow you only recognize the issue after the fact. Please do yourself a favor and just be a bit more careful, Please, we all wish you the best.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Parker, But, WTF? Sharing occurrences such as this, maybe helpful to others! You apparently, are blessed with the clairvoyant ability to anticipate in advance of the occurrence, me, not so lucky! CELL PHONE THEFT @ CARWASH BESIDE LAKE TACO  477249
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Look up passive-aggressive in the dictionary and you'll get to see Parker's picture.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Axixic wrote:Look up passive-aggressive in the dictionary and you'll get to see Parker's picture.

HAPPY NEW YEAR AXIXIC.......Looked it up.......Parkers photo.....Go figure....LMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Sorry about the phone. Did you tell the owners at Lake Taco?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Sorry about the phone. Did you tell the owners at Lake Taco?

Not yet Carry Bean, First going to Telmex, Hopefully they can determine who is using the phone based on calls. I will go to Lake Taco tomorrow afternoon. Kind of a sad deal, as I hate getting in the middle....just wanted all to know...hopefully saving grief for others.

Happy New Year

Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:27 pm

Lake Taco must have just recently bought that car wash then because Fernando told me about 8 week ago that he didn't own it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Jim, the most important thing to do, when your phone is stolen is to immediately go to your local Telcel office, the one that you usually go to where they know you and tell them what happened. No, I never got my cheap phone back, but I got the number and what little money I had on my account back. And before the thief could use the phone, he had to buy a new "SIM" chip

These days now that I have an older iPhone, I have a find my iPhone app on my tablet, which allows me to ID about where said phone is. So far I haven't needed to try to use this "app"
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 am

CanuckBob wrote:Lake Taco must have just recently bought that car wash then because Fernando told me about 8 week ago that he didn't own it.

Bob, I assumed they did, and may be wrong, but, when I picked up my truck the other day he directed me to pay at the restaurant counter, where they validated my receipt.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:06 am

Yes, Lake Taco sometimes collects the money for them but as far a I know they don't own the car wash.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Axixic wrote:Look up passive-aggressive in the dictionary and you'll get to see Parker's picture.

Takes one to know one.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Parker wrote:

Takes one to know one.

Now that is one of the most original, innovative answers ever posted. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 pm

I think you mean Telcel rather than Telmex ... and if you have a contract I would cancel it or transfer to another phone. At least make them pay for time and another sim card
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Parker wrote:

Takes one to know one.

Really, PeeWee Herman?

THAT is your response?

What's the matter? Did you think: "Sticks and stones may break my bones..." was too highbrow for this group? What about: "I am rubber and you are glue..."?

Lots of options.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Axixic wrote:
Parker wrote:

Takes one to know one.

Really, PeeWee Herman?

THAT is your response?

What's the matter? Did you think: "Sticks and stones may break my bones..." was too highbrow for this group? What about: "I am rubber and you are glue..."?

Lots of options.

By your response apparently I chose correctly.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 pm

BOY!!! That's a head shaker. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:45 am

slainte39 wrote:BOY!!! That's a head shaker. Very Happy

There's way too much amateur shrinkage going on. I prefer straightforward insults, myself.
scratch pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:54 am

Parker wrote:
Axixic wrote:
Parker wrote:

Takes one to know one.

Really, PeeWee Herman?

THAT is your response?

Lots of options.

By your response apparently I chose correctly.

Yes. Perfect for you.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down