INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need ride to Guad

+2
hockables
barbicheesecake
6 posters

Go down

Need ride to Guad Empty Need ride to Guad

Post by barbicheesecake Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Hola, mi amigos! Today at Monday Market I lost some business because I did not have ingredients to make key lime pies. John went to every grocery store in Chapala and Ajijic but to no avail. That being said, we would gladly chip in for gas to anyone who would be going to Guadalajara this week so that we can purchase supplies. We are fun people so the trip should be great! Please PM if interested. Very Happy
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Need ride to Guad Empty Re: Need ride to Guad

Post by hockables Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:49 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:Hola, mi amigos! Today at Monday Market I lost some business because I did not have ingredients to make key lime pies. John went to every grocery store in Chapala and Ajijic but to no avail. That being said, we would gladly chip in for gas to anyone who would be going to Guadalajara this week so that we can purchase supplies. We are fun people so the trip should be great! Please PM if interested. Very Happy

I've got some extra Limes if'n thatz what you're need'n
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 pm

[quote="barbicheesecake"]Hola, mi amigos! Today at Monday Market I lost some business because I did not have ingredients to make key lime pies. John went to every grocery store in Chapala and Ajijic but to no avail. That being said, we would gladly chip in for gas to anyone who would be going to Guadalajara this week so that we can purchase supplies. We are fun people so the trip should be great! Please PM if interested. Very Happy [/quote]

What kind of supplies are you seeking in the big city that are not available here at Lakeside? We make key lime pie repeatedly from ingredients available at Lakeside (although not commercially in bulk). Also, pecan pies, banana pudding, tipsey pudding with sherry, bread pudding with aged dark rum, lemon meringue pies with real limones agrias, pear tarts and so forth and so on. Perhaps we may be of assistance and save you a trip to the city. I am not being sarcastic and might be availabe to drive you there. What ingredients are you missing? A trip to Guadalajara might be fun as I rarely go up there these days.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 am

None of the local stores had any leche condensada (sweetened condensed milk). Last month it was available at Soriana and WalMart so I will be checking these stores again this week. Thanks for your input. Very Happy
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:29 am

The local arborates usually have it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 pm

grocery store in Jocotepec has two shelves full ... probably cheaper there as well...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:48 pm

That product is a Mexican staple for flan so I figured the local stores have it. There is one big one in Ajijic across from Mia's boutique and they carry these standard Mexican products.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by pbush Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Contact Ana - she know everywhere to go in Guad. If she doesn't she will find out quickly.

www.anakabande.com

pbush

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:04 pm

pbush:

Assuming that one is physically able and of sound mind, what can be learned or gained by relying on someone to guide you around Guadalajara? I have heard the excuse: "because I can and can afford it" but in reality: where does it get you? Making mistakes and wrong turns and having to stumble one's way through life is an accepted part of our education, even later in life! There are so many great learning experiences out there for those who venture forth on their own!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down