INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is the new bus station in Guadalajara

+7
sparks
brigitte
gringomojado
Starfish57
CheenaGringo
viajero
CanuckBob
11 posters

Go down

Where is the new bus station in Guadalajara Empty Where is the new bus station in Guadalajara

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:44 pm

I have to pick someone up from the bus station in Gaudalajara next week. They couldn't get an address but were told it arrives "at the new bus station" in Guadalajara. The bus line is Primera. Does anyone know where this is?

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Where is the new bus station in Guadalajara Empty Re: Where is the new bus station in Guadalajara

Post by viajero Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:49 pm

It's not really new but it's called "La central nueva" you've probably been there before,it's the one on the way to Tonala.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Where is the new bus station in Guadalajara Empty Re: Where is the new bus station in Guadalajara

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 pm

If I did this right, this should be the link to Google map of the location:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=La+central+nueva,+Guadalajara,+Mexico&hl=en&ll=20.624511,-103.290539&spn=0.020364,0.038581&sll=20.664249,-103.350228&sspn=0.081433,0.154324&hq=La+central+nueva,&hnear=Guadalajara,+Jalisco,+Mexico&t=m&fll=20.624511,-103.290539&fspn=0.020364,0.038581&z=15&iwloc=B

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:05 pm

yep, that is it. I know the one.

Gracias Chris & Neil.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish57 Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 pm

Does anyone know if there is transportation from Guadalajara to Ajijic? I imagine there are buses from this nueva central. I tried to search online but can't get any specific information such as price, schedule etc. I guess a cab would take us, too, for a chunk of change. We'll be staying in Guadalajara but want to spend a few days in Ajijic. Oh, and is there a bus from Ajijic to Jocotepec? I'd like to visit there, too. Thanks for any input!

Starfish57

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Starfish57 wrote:Does anyone know if there is transportation from Guadalajara to Ajijic? I imagine there are buses from this nueva central. I tried to search online but can't get any specific information such as price, schedule etc. I guess a cab would take us, too, for a chunk of change. We'll be staying in Guadalajara but want to spend a few days in Ajijic. Oh, and is there a bus from Ajijic to Jocotepec? I'd like to visit there, too. Thanks for any input!

You can take the bus from the old bus station ( Central Vieja) to Ajijic. About every 1/2 hour they run. It is on Los angeles by the Parque Agua Azul. Same line and buses take you back and forth from Joco to Ajijic. I have never ridden as far as Joco though.
I used to ride that bus from Chapala to Guadalajara to work every day. The ride was never long enough to see the whole movie.
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:52 pm

gringomojado wrote:
Starfish57 wrote:Does anyone know if there is transportation from Guadalajara to Ajijic? I imagine there are buses from this nueva central. I tried to search online but can't get any specific information such as price, schedule etc. I guess a cab would take us, too, for a chunk of change. We'll be staying in Guadalajara but want to spend a few days in Ajijic. Oh, and is there a bus from Ajijic to Jocotepec? I'd like to visit there, too. Thanks for any input!

You can take the bus from the old bus station ( Central Vieja) to Ajijic. About every 1/2 hour they run. It is on Los angeles by the Parque Agua Azul. Same line and buses take you back and forth from Joco to Ajijic. I have never ridden as far as Joco though.
I used to ride that bus from Chapala to Guadalajara to work every day. The ride was never long enough to see the whole movie.
gm

Oh, the only buses I've taken from the new station were longer distance busses. The Primera Plus from The old station to Chapala were not the fancy long distance busses, but were safe (daytime) and comfortable.
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 pm

They don't run very late
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 am

There are buses from the new station to the old station in Guadaljara. From the old station you can go to Jocotepc or San Juan or Ajijic or Chapala. There are buses going from Guadalajara old Station going to Chapala every hour and buses going to Ajijic, San Juan Jocotepec every hour as well these buses are directo and go via the Libramiento and bypass Chapala. I do not remember which is which but one bus leaves on the hour and the other on the half hour.
If you are in Chapala you can get the bus to Jocotepec and stop at any intersection between Chapala and Jocotepec you have also little local buses that go through the villages, some of the stops are on the main road and some are in the villages so it is a little more difficult to tell you how to take these but once you are here you can experiment.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 am

The Chapala bus line has a station in Joco about 6-7 blocks from the Plaza. The Joco bus station up by the church goes on the south side and into Guad I believe
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Where is the new bus station in Guadalajara Empty Bus Stations

Post by otrocanuck Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:44 pm

I have been riding the bus lately and trying to get familiar with the system, so far I have discovered that the bus service out of the new bus station located in Tlaquepacue is for buses that go more then sixty miles away from Guadalajara. If your trip is less then sixty miles then you need to go to the old bus station in Guadalajara and take the appropriate bus from there.
If you take the bus into town and get off at "Elekta" and from there take a taxi to the new bus depot - this will save you the trip across Guadalajara to the old depot just to catch a bus to come back to the new depot and leave from there. It is about a fifty pesos taxi fare from Elekta to the new bus depot, much better then crossing town and returning.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartdude Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 am

I still have a bit of confusion regarding the bus terminals. I know the new one is on the way to Tonala, and the old is near Agua Azul Park near Centro. What is the terminal in the far N.W. on highway 15 past the cloverleaf, at the intersection with Colegio Del Aire? We often take the bus to P.V. and depart from the new terminal. After a 45 to 50 minute trip across town, the bus stops briefly at the N.W. terminal and picks up a few more passengers.

From Chapala, the N.W. terminal is 10k. (6 miles) further, but if it saves an hour on the bus it would be more than worth the extra distance in a taxi.
Bartdude
Bartdude
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Almost nuthin better than a good laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:22 am

There is a small terminal in Zapopan somewhere.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 am

Bartdude wrote:I still have a bit of confusion regarding the bus terminals. I know the new one is on the way to Tonala, and the old is near Agua Azul Park near Centro. What is the terminal in the far N.W. on highway 15 past the cloverleaf, at the intersection with Colegio Del Aire? We often take the bus to P.V. and depart from the new terminal. After a 45 to 50 minute trip across town, the bus stops briefly at the N.W. terminal and picks up a few more passengers.

From Chapala, the N.W. terminal is 10k. (6 miles) further, but if it saves an hour on the bus it would be more than worth the extra distance in a taxi.

I agree, that hour crossing Guadalajara on the bus to PV is torture! While I haven't investigated the Zapopan terminal yet, I think the next time I do this trip I will either drive or take the bus to Joco and hire a taxi in front of the church to take me to the Zapopan terminal. Since it's a rather quick and straight shot up Lopez Mateos to Zapopan, it might not be very expensive.

Next time I go to Joco I'll ask a taxista what the estimated fare would be and post it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 am

brigitte wrote:There is a small terminal in Zapopan somewhere.

The terminal in Zapopan is just outside the periferico, on the road (Ave. Vallarta at that point?) that turns into Highway 15 leading to the cuota. It's super convenient for people who live on the west side of Guadalajara, and are needing to take a long distance bus west or north either toward the coast or Tepic/Nogales, etc. I've used it a couple times and it's easy in, easy out. I know ETN, Primera Plus and others stop there for quick load and unload. Maybe not all their busses. The terminal serves other lines as well.

I also noticed a small terminal on the south side periferico several months back. Not too far from the Elektra store. Not sure what purpose that serves.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:58 am

I believe that this is the Zapopan bus station:
[img]Where is the new bus station in Guadalajara Zap10[/img][img][/img]

Map link: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=bus+station,+zapopan,+guadalajara,+jalisco,+mexico&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=20.703404,-103.46142&spn=0.001272,0.002411&sll=35.08241,-106.676479&sspn=0.284883,0.617294&hq=bus+station,&hnear=M%C3%A9xico,+Zapopan,+Jalisco,+Mexico&t=f&fll=20.703399,-103.461419&fspn=0.001282,0.002411&ecpose=20.70202121,-103.461419,1832.91,0,44.998,0&z=19

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down