INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mama's Kitchen, new place

2 posters

Go down

Mama's Kitchen, new place Empty Mama's Kitchen, new place

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:57 pm

There's a new little takeout joint beside the Panaderia behind the former Haciendas Ajijic steakhouse. Different special every day. She sells comida cacera, so different item every day, by the pound, always with two side dishes (also making up a pound), for $120 pesos. Or you can get an individual dish at 45p. I believe she will be advertising in the upcoming Reporter.

I got today's Turkey With Peanut Sauces. Pretty tasty, big chunks of turkey in a family sauce recipe. (Not picoso.) I wouldn't RAVE about the food, but it was certainly a yummy lunch and there's enough left for another meal. Upcoming days: Pork tenderloin stuff with chopped geg (option is beef instead), mashed and fried beans; beef and veggie lasagna w/tossed salad and garlic brea; meatballs chilapatias (fusion from Mexico City) w/veggies and rice; spaghetti or fettucini (depending on day) with olive oil, garlic, tomato, black olives, basil and rosemary, with "Versus flu salad (lettuce, chard, grapefruit and tangerine with vinagretta) and garlic bread. Phew.

Monday through Friday. Don't know the hours; I was there at 12:45 today. I think it's like noon to five or something. Not a supper place. She also has a table outside.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mama's Kitchen, new place Empty Re: Mama's Kitchen, new place

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh that is great! This will help me with my resolve to never cook again for as long as I live. Can't wait to try it

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down