INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparent shooting in Ajijic

+3
Lake Chapala Crime
little italy
CanuckBob
7 posters

Go down

Apparent shooting in Ajijic Empty Apparent shooting in Ajijic

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:07 am

I heard it from a reliable Mexican source that the fellow that ran the Taco stand beside Dona's Donuts was shot and killed the other night and his young daughter who was with him, was wounded. He was apparently involved (or was previously involved) in selling drugs at street level. I haven't been able to find anything official on this and I have been told the Policia are keeping it quiet so as to not scare the gringos. Anyone else hear anything about this?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Apparent shooting in Ajijic Empty Re: Apparent shooting in Ajijic

Post by little italy Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:49 am

[quote="CanuckBob"]I heard it from a reliable Mexican source that the fellow that ran the Taco stand beside Dona's Donuts was shot and killed the other night and his young daughter who was with him, was wounded. He was apparently involved (or was previously involved) in selling drugs at street level. I haven't been able to find anything official on this and I have been told the Policia are keeping it quiet so as to not scare the gringos. Anyone else hear anything about this?[/quote]

My Gardener asked me yesterday if I had heard about the shooting. He knew this person and was thinking of going to work for him in the eve., a friend of his said no way as this guy sells drugs at his Taco stand.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:09 am

http://www.notisistema.com/noticias/?x=0&y=0&s=Asesinan+a+hombre+en+Ajijic

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:52 pm

This is really sad. I take it this is the guy who ran the "Tacos on the Street" stand next to Dona's for awhile? He seemed ambitious - had a catering service going and was very outgoing, though I thought the location and being open during the day made the business iffy.

That's three people we've at least met (and one my wife knew quite well) who've been murdered here in the past couple of years. No plans to jump ship, but it seems like hardly a day goes by lately without some sort of crime story (tire shop guy on the Libriemento, home invasions, disappearances). You'd think we were living in Phoenix Shocked

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Yes, I believe that was the same fellow. I had also spoken to him a few times about some catering stuff and he seemed like a good guy. I guess you just can never tell what people are into. One thing for sure is that the life of crime is a very dangerous business down here in Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:40 pm

I think it was the owner of the permanent location known as "El Compadre o Compa", just west of the donut shop in the next block, same side.
Not the guy with the temporary location.
It is "well known" by the Mexican community...maybe not the norteamericanos as it would have been too late for the G.R. to have printed it.

If the policìa are trying to keep it quiet, they are doing a damned poor job of it.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 am

Tacos El Compadre? Well from a culinary perspective that's a much bigger loss, as I think they have some of the best tacos in Ajijic (certainly better than nearby Jessica's, which seems to be better known). Another reminder that even if you do your best to eat local and support the little shops as an outsider you only skim the surface of what's really going on.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 am

In the "sad but true" category...businesses involved in money laundering other enterprises, usually provide quality products and service. The symbiotic relationship "es muy importante".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by K2tog Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:29 pm

coffeeguy wrote:Tacos El Compadre? Well from a culinary perspective that's a much bigger loss, as I think they have some of the best tacos in Ajijic (certainly better than nearby Jessica's, which seems to be better known). Another reminder that even if you do your best to eat local and support the little shops as an outsider you only skim the surface of what's really going on.

This is the guy who was shot. There is a sign on the store front (red doors and small awning between Multi Valores and Dona's Donuts) about the novena in Chapala. This man had a locale not a make shift stand on the street -- two different people.

Story is he was not involved in drugs currently, but may have been before for the old cartel in charge and the new guys wanted him to pay them and he apparently didn't and got killed Thursday night/Friday morning around 1:30am in front of his wife and children.
K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:20 pm

He was selling ¨tacos de cien¨ ...

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:16 pm