INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday

+10
Zedinmexico
slainte39
CheenaGringo
Jim W
borderreiver
hockables
quiltbugj
viajero
conbtrarian
joec
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday - Page 2 Empty Re: BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday

Post by merry Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:20 am

CheenaGringo wrote:One has to be pretty desperate for attention to make a post attempting to draw attention to their birthday!

Cheena, tread carefully. JoeC says he has eight friends!

-m.

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday - Page 2 Empty Re: BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday

Post by joec Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:28 am

merry wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:One has to be pretty desperate for attention to make a post attempting to draw attention to their birthday!

Cheena, tread carefully. JoeC says he has eight friends!

-m.

Merry - Your sarcasim is unappreciated and unnecessary! Where did you get that? I've actually got about 25 friends. Further to your comment, what difference does it make how many friends you have? Friends is a loosely thrown around word.

Your only REAL friends are those that will help you when you really need it, like when your sick or have money issues etc. If I have a few REAL friends I'm better off. I choose my friends, they are not allowed to choose me. My rules.

Maybe you have lots of friends, but wait til you're in trouble and you'll find out. All the rest of your "so called" friends are acquaintences, but don't ask them for anything when you need them. They won't know you.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:38 am

joec wrote:
merry wrote:Cheena, tread carefully. JoeC says he has eight friends!

Merry - Where did you get that?

WHOOPS! Apologies, I totally and utterly misquoted you, JoeC! I thought you said eight friends took you to a birthday meal at Bruno's. What you actually said was,

"Eight of us from our Monthly Dinner group went to Bruno's restaurant for my Birthday"

-merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 am

merry wrote:
joec wrote:
merry wrote:Cheena, tread carefully. JoeC says he has eight friends!

Merry - Where did you get that?

WHOOPS! Apologies, I totally and utterly misquoted you, JoeC! I thought you said eight friends took you to a birthday meal at Bruno's. What you actually said was,

"Eight of us from our Monthly Dinner group went to Bruno's restaurant for my Birthday"

-merry

No problem, but they are our closest friends. Others were away or don't like Bruno's so that's good because I am now limiting our Bi Monthly Dinner group participation to 8 people. The reason is with more than that, the table is too big and you cannot hear each other's conversations.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:53 am

joec wrote:No problem, but they are our closest friends. Others were away or don't like Bruno's so that's good because I am now limiting our Bi Monthly Dinner group participation to 8 people. The reason is with more than that, the table is too big and you cannot hear each other's conversations.

WHat's that, you say you are Bi? Just teasing John. Happy belated birthday.

merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 am

I think all eight are bi, merry...makes for compatability.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN...you old curmudgeon.(and I mean old)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 am

slainte39 wrote:
conbtrarian wrote:I've been here 11 years. And you?

You mean....on this planet....as 11 years equates, at least, to your mental age.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Twisted Evil
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by holdrja Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:56 pm

ok, I've gotta say -- we had lunch at Bruno's a couple of months ago, and there were cockroaches running across the table and in the paper napkins. We killed the ones on the table, called Vicki over and told her about it, and she said, "Oh, yeah, can't do anything about it". Mind you, in 12 years of visits plus 2 years of full time residency, this is the ONLY Lakeside restaurant where we've ever seen a cockroach.

Haven't been back to Bruno's since, no desire to eat there.
holdrja
holdrja
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rdplakechapala.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:34 pm

True, I've never been to a local restaurant where cockroaches are running around the table and that includes Bruno's, but I've caught and tried to catch the little speedsters in my very own kitchen, not to mention the rest of the house.
That's after using various methods to terminate them, including Borax.

I, only the other hand, have seen many four footed creatures running around in restaurants who like to sniff feces; then get friendly with humans, sometimes even getting on the tables and putting their naked butts on the seat cushions. Pick yer poison.
Roaches aren't dirtier than anything else moving around your table.

Roaches don't make good pets and they are disgusting, at least to most of us. But...the distinctions we make are funny if you really think about it.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:02 am

gringal - You're correct. My maid says that almost all houses in Ajijic have cockroaches. I've had success killing tiny ants with Borax. How did it work on cockroaches? I believe all restaurants have roaches.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 am

In a totally UN-scientific report based on observation at our house, there were way fewer roaches after putting Borax at the back of kitchen drawers, under the sink and a number of other favorite roach hiding places. One roach entry point, the shower, we covered with one of those plastic strainers. Plugged up the bathtub when not in use.

However........some retarded roach decided that the control panel of our dishwasher was a good place to raise a family. This was discovered by the repairmen we called when the controls gave us a light show instead of a dishwashing cycle. Yuck. Upon removal of covering.......lots of dead and a few living little roaches.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 am

Gringal:

Only had one meal in Ajijic this last trip and sure enough, I spotted one of your four legged examples sitting on a chair at the very next table. I don't personally have a problem with them being on the floor or even in the owner's lap but if the owner's want them in a chair or on the sofa, please do that at home.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Gringal:

Only had one meal in Ajijic this last trip and sure enough, I spotted one of your four legged examples sitting on a chair at the very next table. I don't personally have a problem with them being on the floor or even in the owner's lap but if the owner's want them in a chair or on the sofa, please do that at home.

Agree completely with that distinction.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2