INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

traveling on Easter Holiday weekend

4 posters

Go down

traveling on Easter Holiday weekend Empty traveling on Easter Holiday weekend

Post by The Postman Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 am

Have to travel North of the Border at the end of the month. We are going to cross at Larado TX. I was wondering if anyone knew how traffic is over the Easter weekend? I know a lot of families travel for the holiday and am trying to avoid the heaviest travel days. We have 2-3 days each side of Easter to leave and any info that will help with avoiding the heaviest traffic would be appreciated.
Thanks Bill

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

traveling on Easter Holiday weekend Empty Re: traveling on Easter Holiday weekend

Post by Jim W Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:12 am

Bill, I experienced the Xmas rush thru Laredo. Sorry not Easter.... Seems as though pre holiday traffic is heaviest heading South.....reverse is true post holiday with the heaviest travel heading back NOB. We were heading South New Years day, and observed lines 2 miles long heading NOB at toll stops. I would assume similar traffic issues on all major holidays.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

traveling on Easter Holiday weekend Empty Re: traveling on Easter Holiday weekend

Post by CHILLIN Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 am

Having observed many Easters beach side in Puerto Vallarta, it is with sadness in my heart that I have to inform you that Easter is pretty well a two week event in Mexico. The first week, the official week, is mostly large families and working people, the second week is the more wealthier middle class types. I don't know if it is the religious significance of the holiday, but suffering the crowds, food shortages and traffic jams seems to a part of the experience. Best to hole up, with a case of dark rum, and hope they don't run out of ice and coca cola. Very Happy
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:43 am

Typically the first few days of Semana Santa are relatively slow, most people don't get the whole week off, just Thurs thru Sunday. And Semana de Pascua is far less busy. Again, the first of that week will have less people travelling.

We used to spend every Easter in Barra de Navidad. When my kids attended high school and university at Tec de Monterrey, unlike public schools, they only had Semana Santa off. We used to return to Guadalajara very early Easter Sunday and rarely found much traffic.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks for the info
bill

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down