INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car wash PITA

+5
Rosa Venus
saege007
Trailrunner
Ms.Thang
zenwoodle
9 posters

Go down

Car wash PITA Empty Car wash PITA

Post by zenwoodle Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Went for dinner tonight at La Taverna. The little guy with the car wax who used to hang out at Superlake was there.
He wanted 40 pesos to wash the car and 40 pesos to wax it. We offered 30 pesos for a wash only, and he insisted on 40.
We agreed, wash only for 40 pesos.

Surprise, surprise. After a nice dinner he demanded 80 pesos for wash and wax (it's a relatively new car, so you could not tell if it had been waxed).
We said no, that was not what we agreed, and offered 40 pesos. He didn't accept, so we got in the car. He got real pissed and started threatening to damage our car.
After a brief exchange of pleasantries (including him pounding his fist and pointing at the car) we threw the 40 pesos on the ground and drove away.
Bad ending to a good evening.

Bottom line, it's only a car, who cares what they do. But if La Taverna and any other restaurants continue to allow him and others around, they will lose business.

There is a guy washing cars at Aurora's. He wanted 40 also. We said 30, and he washed our car, no problem.
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Car wash PITA Empty Re: Car wash PITA

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Are you talking about the chubby kid with the curly hair, round face? His name is Tony...I had a recent encounter with him.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 pm

He's a bad kid with a long history, actually he's not a kid anymore is he.

Do no business with him at all ever. If he attempts to hustle you, go into the business you plan to engage with and tell them he's harassing you and they'll run him off. Alternatively, call the cops and tell them he's hassling you. Everyone knows him and he'll key your car in a hot second. Usually just threatening to call the cops will send him on his way, but if you're eating in a restaurant he may shoot back and key your car anyway. Best to let the restaurant deal with him.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 pm

No, you are right , he isn't a kid anymore, and something needs to be done about him. A couple of weeks ago he wanted to polish scuffs off my car when I parked in front of mailboxes, said he had 4 kids. I said no thanks, I'm only going be a few minutes. I came out , he came running over and showed me that he had polished out 3 little black scuff marks, wanted 80 pesos. He didn't get it. I will call the police if he attempts to extort me again. I have had enough of this guy.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Is this the same guy who is often outside of Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic?
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Yes, his hair is shorter right now but he is the one everyone complains about.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:10 pm

He's a punk and if you get in his face a little he will back down and stay away from you. A few years ago I told him at Farm Guad that I ever saw him anywhere near my car I'd call the cops and he's never bothered me since. We chat, I acknowledge his presence, but he doesn't mess with me, ever. The SL car wash guys ran him off and so have all the other hustlers around here, you notice he's always working alone.

Short story: One Sunday I went to work at CR and he was among the chicos that were parking cars in the CR lot. Soon as he saw me he backed away and stayed away from me. The money for parking cars on the CR lot was supposed to go into the donation box. Supposed to, being the key phrase here. Two days later I saw him by SL and I said: So, you guys make some money at CR parking cars? He said: YEAH! I said: You put the money in the CR donation box, right? He said: No! I said: What did you do with the money? He said: I sent it to my brother in law in L.A.! Dumb as a mud fence.

This might make you feel a little better. . .while parking cars that day, he rushed over to open the car door for a patient hoping for a tip. Not only did she not tip him, she turned around and slammed his hand in the car door. Heh. He let out a scream and his eyes teared up. He's a sad sack.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 pm

I remember I had a run in with that guy when we first moved here five years ago. Extortionist is the right word. It was the exact same stunt. He pulled it outside of Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic. (He moves around....what a surprise.) I didn't give him a dime for the job he "did" when I had told him "no".

Be FIRM with him and tell him to get the fuck out of your face if he ever approaches. He's left me alone ever since, and I see him all the time.

He's like a shitty, predatory Transito. One really good NO seems to work. He remembers who you are.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Trailrunner wrote:He's a punk and if you get in his face a little he will back down and stay away from you.

Exactly. I was writing my post while you were (I was just slower....and the phone rang.) Beer
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Payaso Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Sounds like the street guys in the USA. Mental illness is not limited to countries.

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:40 pm

I have had run-ins with him before at SL. I just laughed him off and that was an end to it.
This time I was pissed because he ruined a good dinner at La Taverna.

I grew up in Belfast, so I do not intimidate easily, but I do have an Irish temper which I struggle to keep under control.

The real people who offer to wash the car get my business. I am tempted to give this guy the business.

Oops... there I go again. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:43 pm

I don't think this kid is mentally ill, just dumb and doesn't know how to be. Also desperate for money.

As RV says, he will remember if you get in his face. He doesn't want trouble and I imagine he and the Chapala cops are on a first name basis.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:51 pm

He also hangs out in front of LCS, and tries the doors to see if any are unlocked.
What a jerk.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 pm

He is also known to pull the "polish your headlights" crap, after he scrubs them with steel wool... little buggar. Did it to me. And to think I used to be nice to him and buy him drinks when he was 10 years younger... and skinny.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 pm

I don't think he's mentally ill, either. Not at all. He's just part of the local landscape. But he is one with whom - as they say - you need to establish BOUNDARIES. And be CLEAR.

Eye-to-eye, face-to-face, vocally and with emphasis.

Otherwise, you'll just have to deal with him over and over again.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:09 pm

I don't think I will have a problem with him if I meet him again.

He told me I was crazy. I told him he was loco.

We seemed to reach some agreement there. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by holdrja Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am

When he harassed me outside SL I told him firmly and loudly, in Spanish to leave my car alone, and that worked. When he was harrassing folks at the Legion -- I spoke to the bartender and they got rid of him. Definitely need to stand up to this guy. I don't know if he keyed my car - it gets keyed a lot, it's a pretty bright red and seems to attract abuse. Sigh.
holdrja
holdrja
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rdplakechapala.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down