INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS

+8
slainte39
casi nada
lunateak
Pedro
seisdedos
arbon
hockables
sparks
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS - Page 2 Empty Re: GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS

Post by ferret Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Don't remember hearing Orbison sing Blue Bayou...thought it was a Linda Ronstadt song and it didn't do much for me either. Kinda like howlin' at the moon.

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS - Page 2 Empty Re: GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Then Blue Bayou is another great one you should find... Roy's was so much sweeter. Both Willie Nelson and Roy Orbison have an amazing ability to take a song and make it their own... albeit on completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

And with the colour in mind, check out The Mavericks' version of Blue Moon sung by Raoul Malo. OMG, you wanna hear someone like Roy Orbison again...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:22 pm

ferret wrote:Don't remember hearing Orbison sing Blue Bayou...thought it was a Linda Ronstadt song and it didn't do much for me either. Kinda like howlin' at the moon.

I hardly ever question your posts....but that is almost unbelievable....any part of it. Now I'll shut up. Shocked

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:21 am

In case you missed it, here's Roy doing Blue Bayou (best version.)

Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:32 am

Did I see Elvis Costello playing acoustic rythym guitar on that video ? Could have been hallucinating - nothing new.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 am

slainte39 wrote:
ferret wrote:Don't remember hearing Orbison sing Blue Bayou...thought it was a Linda Ronstadt song and it didn't do much for me either. Kinda like howlin' at the moon.

I hardly ever question your posts....but that is almost unbelievable....any part of it. Now I'll shut up. Shocked

No worries. You like what you like. I HATE the song...and it doesn't matter who's singing it.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:02 am

[quote="borderreiver"]Did I see Elvis Costello playing acoustic rythym guitar on that video ? Could have been hallucinating - nothing new.[/quote}

Take another look. You may also see Bruce Springsteen playing electric guitar and Tom Waits on piano and Bonnie Raitt singing backup and....
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:30 am

borderreiver wrote:Did I see Elvis Costello playing acoustic rythym guitar on that video ? Could have been hallucinating - nothing new.
Yep, that's from A Black And White Night, Cinemax, 1988. With Elvis Presley's backing band, Costello, Springsteen, Jackson Browne, Tom Waits, K.D. Laing, J.D. Souther (personal favorite, now acting in Nashville, Jennifer Warren, and others. It's on DVD.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2