INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoemaker or other that can build up heel...

4 posters

Go down

Shoemaker or other that can build up heel... Empty Shoemaker or other that can build up heel...

Post by ferret Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm posting this for a friend who sent me this e-mail today...
Does anyone...
have some information on the availability of someone who could manufacture shoes for me or someone who could modify a pair of shoes to fit my needs.
In 2006 I shattered the bone in my hip from the pelvic area to about 1/2 way down the femur toward the knee. It wasn't very pretty.
When the surgery was over my left leg was metal from the pelvic bone to just below my knee. My leg was about 5/8 inches shorter than the right leg.
When I lived in Lake Havasu City, AZ there was a place who took a pair of shoes with crepe soles and added additional material to one shoe so both legs would be the same length and it was not necessary to limp along.
Well, that outfit went out of business and I started wearing regular shoes with a small heel lift in the left shoe. That arrangment is no longer working out. I live in Ajijic now, the shoes no longer fit well, my feet get numb and I stagger when I walk.
I need a good substantial pair of leather lace-ups with one sole built-up.

Can anyone help this gentleman out? Thanks in advance.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shoemaker or other that can build up heel... Empty Re: Shoemaker or other that can build up heel...

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Yes. There is a very nice woman doctor (either ortho or pediatrician, I don't remember) who makes prosthetics from scratch at her place in centro Chapala. She's amazing. I don't remember her name, but many know her and someone, perhaps Ms. Thang, can point you in the right direction. She's on one of the streets that you can make a right off of Madera on, right hand side, and not far from Madera.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shoemaker or other that can build up heel... Empty Re: Shoemaker or other that can build up heel...

Post by ferret Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Thank you...that oughta jog someobody's memory and get me some more detailed info.
Life ain't fun when your feet hurt.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 pm

De nada, and if worse comes to worse I'll take a ride around one day and see if I can find her.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Rosie the dressmaker on Ocampo in Ajijic wears a very special leather shoe since one of her feet is twisted all the way to the side. She speaks English, is very pleasant and could probably refer you to someone who does this.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano.gal Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Yes. There is a very nice woman doctor (either ortho or pediatrician, I don't remember) who makes prosthetics from scratch at her place in centro Chapala. She's amazing. I don't remember her name, but many know her and someone, perhaps Ms. Thang, can point you in the right direction. She's on one of the streets that you can make a right off of Madera on, right hand side, and not far from Madera.

Trailrunner, are you possibly referring to the lady at Ort-Mart in Chapala? If so, her phone number is 765-2610 and she's located at Calle Degollado #382. Hope that helps, Ferret!
jeano.gal
jeano.gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:02 pm

jeano.gal wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Yes. There is a very nice woman doctor (either ortho or pediatrician, I don't remember) who makes prosthetics from scratch at her place in centro Chapala. She's amazing. I don't remember her name, but many know her and someone, perhaps Ms. Thang, can point you in the right direction. She's on one of the streets that you can make a right off of Madera on, right hand side, and not far from Madera.

Trailrunner, are you possibly referring to the lady at Ort-Mart in Chapala? If so, her phone number is 765-2610 and she's located at Calle Degollado #382. Hope that helps, Ferret!

Yes! I think that's her! Thank you, jeano.gal.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Thank you soooooo much! I really appreciate everyone's help on this...and a big thank you to jeano.gal for nailing the location and phone number.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down