INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aduana questions for Spencer

+7
Pedro
viajero
Trailrunner
gatosigi
CanuckBob
espíritu del lago
sampati
11 posters

Go down

Aduana questions for Spencer Empty Aduana questions for Spencer

Post by sampati Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Spencer, My head is spinning and I hope you can just let me know if what I understand below is what the law really says now. Too much conflicting information for my pea brain to compute. Help!!

Holders of old FM3's and holders of the new temporary cards CAN drive their foreign plated cars until they have to go permanent. People here on 180 day visas CAN drive a foreign plated car.

Before one goes permanent they must take their foreign plated car out of the country and if they don't they have only 5 days to get their car out of the country after their permanent card is issued.

Options for having a car here in Mexico when one is permanent are to import an American made car or to nationalize an existing car.

If one imports an American car to Mexico, or if one nationalizes their car, what effect does that have on driving in the U.S. or Canada with a Mexican plated car. If one decides to keep their U.S. or Canadian drivers license, how does that effect driving a Mexican plated car.

What are the problems related to nationalizing an American or Canadian car?

Can the owner of a Mexican plated car keep a U.S. or Canadian drivers license?[/b]

Thank you Spencer.
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Aduana questions for Spencer Empty SPENCER said.. Intercasa

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Whoever is bored should research Spencers posts and and re-post the finer posts. It really is pretty cut and dry.

Most recent:

I spent a few hours at SAT in Guadalajara today to become a somewhat expert on the Retorno Seguro, we can get them in 24 hours, we will charge 1,000 pesos to do it. Gives you 5 business days to drive your car out of the country.

Use the Banjercito site and check under old passport number with name when you got original TIP

by Intercasa on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Well the car issue has been a hot topic for many people. Just right now we received a response to the vehicle notifications we do for residente permanente where they rejected the persons right to keep their vehicle and said as it was equivalent to inmigrado before and it is for being permanently in Mexico and the vehicle importation is temporary that the person cannot have their vehicle here and must use the retorno seguro to remove it. I have scanned the relevant page we received today. I would advise all residente permanente people to immediately NOT drive their vehicles due to Aduanas oral policy now being in writing, even though it remains a gray area of law to prevent impounding of vehicles in the event of a traffic stop or accident where it may be a hassle to get the vehicle back.

http://www.chapalalaw.com/SAT%20Permanente.pdf

by Intercasa Today at 12:17 am

I got my value looking at LA Craigslist as I don't care what Aduana thinks it is worth, it needs to make sense to me. Blue book value is an index and you need to look at classified ads to see the real value you can get to see if it is worth taking the next step you do. Aduana value is for calculating taxes, good thing it isn't a high value.

I found a few 2004 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 Z71 with over 120k miles and mine has less than 80k, I bought it new. The others were 9,000 to 10,000 so my guesstimate of 12,000 isn't too far off.

I will not let a vehicle rule my life or give me hassles, if need be I will drive it to my parents in LA and price it to get rid of it fast. In the long run any loss is amortized over the years you will live here and I am young and have a long life ahead of me.

feel free to add to.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Aduana questions for Spencer Empty Re: Aduana questions for Spencer

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:25 pm

http://www.aduanas.sat.gob.mx/aduana_mexico/2008/vehiculos/141_11213.html
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Approved Official Translators 2013-2014
by Intercasa on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 pm

The list was published today in the Boletin Judicial and will probably be on the Judicial Council's web site tomorrow http://cjj.gob.mx/

I was approved for another year as official court translator (Englisg / Spanish / English) for the First (Guadalajara / Zapopan) and Second (Chapala area) judicial districts. My girlfriend also was approved, she is an attorney and doesn't litigate but does corporate law in Guadalajara and helps me out when I need it and is super smart.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Mexico Attorney. I solve problems and help people.
Offices in Chapala (Downtown) 376-765-7553 or US 805 683 4848 & Guadalajara (Providencia) (33)1592-3801 / US 805-563-3300

Intercasa contact info ...... See above

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:52 pm

I merged these two topics.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 am

thanks.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:15 am

by Trailrunner on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Does anyone know what the INM is charging those of us who will qualify to go permanente? Apart from the facilitator fees, what will we have to pay INM?

Re: Immigration Seminar today ANADE
by Intercasa on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 pm

About $4,815 pesos total.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:16 am

Sampati, you have left out the option of buying a car in Mexico, wherever made. It's fairly easy to do.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sampati Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:20 am

gatosigi wrote:Sampati, you have left out the option of buying a car in Mexico, wherever made. It's fairly easy to do.

I don't have a car nor do I plan to get one, I am just trying to get a simple definition of what the new Aduana laws are. I hope Spencer with give me simple answers for my simple mind. Thanks.
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 am

Sampati, why don't you make an appointment with him and then ask all the questions you want?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:43 am

sampati wrote:

I don't have a car nor do I plan to get one,
Then why all the questions about cars?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by sampati Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 am

viajero wrote:
sampati wrote:

Why does it matter to you why I would like to understand the new Aduana law? I do have friends with cars and I do know people who are considering coming to Mexico and I would like to have correct information to give them should the questions arise. My post was for answers from Spencer, why I want the answers should not matter to anyone else.
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:51 am

Then pay him for his for his knowledge and expertise.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:04 am

sampati wrote:
viajero wrote:
sampati wrote:

Why does it matter to you why I would like to understand the new Aduana law? I do have friends with cars and I do know people who are considering coming to Mexico and I would like to have correct information to give them should the questions arise. My post was for answers from Spencer, why I want the answers should not matter to anyone else.
yes,pay him,cheapskate
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:46 am

All of the answers are available here, simply search for them yourself. Otherwise, make an appointment with Spencer and pay him for his time and expertise. That's what the rest of us do.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:02 am

Sampati posts on a public forum a bunch of questions about the new laws expecting Spencer to take his time to answer those questions for free. Then sampati gets a little huffy because other members of the PUBLIC forum chime into the discussion. Hey, samapti, you want privacy? Here is an idea for you. Make an appointment with Spencer and pay him for his time and expertise.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Aduana questions for Spencer Empty BACK ON TOPIC

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:44 am

SPENCER said.. Intercasa
by espíritu del lago Yesterday at 9:19 pm

BACK ON TOPIC

Whoever is bored should research Spencers posts and and re-post the finer posts. It really is pretty cut and dry.

Most recent:

I spent a few hours at SAT in Guadalajara today to become a somewhat expert on the Retorno Seguro, we can get them in 24 hours, we will charge 1,000 pesos to do it. Gives you 5 business days to drive your car out of the country.

Use the Banjercito site and check under old passport number with name when you got original TIP

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

by Intercasa on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Well the car issue has been a hot topic for many people. Just right now we received a response to the vehicle notifications we do for residente permanente where they rejected the persons right to keep their vehicle and said as it was equivalent to inmigrado before and it is for being permanently in Mexico and the vehicle importation is temporary that the person cannot have their vehicle here and must use the retorno seguro to remove it. I have scanned the relevant page we received today. I would advise all residente permanente people to immediately NOT drive their vehicles due to Aduanas oral policy now being in writing, even though it remains a gray area of law to prevent impounding of vehicles in the event of a traffic stop or accident where it may be a hassle to get the vehicle back.

http://www.chapalalaw.com/SAT%20Permanente.pdf

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

by Intercasa Today at 12:17 am

I got my value looking at LA Craigslist as I don't care what Aduana thinks it is worth, it needs to make sense to me. Blue book value is an index and you need to look at classified ads to see the real value you can get to see if it is worth taking the next step you do. Aduana value is for calculating taxes, good thing it isn't a high value.

I found a few 2004 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 Z71 with over 120k miles and mine has less than 80k, I bought it new. The others were 9,000 to 10,000 so my guesstimate of 12,000 isn't too far off.

I will not let a vehicle rule my life or give me hassles, if need be I will drive it to my parents in LA and price it to get rid of it fast. In the long run any loss is amortized over the years you will live here and I am young and have a long life ahead of me.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

http://www.aduanas.sat.gob.mx/aduana_mexico/2011/home.asp

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Approved Official Translators 2013-2014
by Intercasa on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 pm

The list was published today in the Boletin Judicial and will probably be on the Judicial Council's web site tomorrow http://cjj.gob.mx/

I was approved for another year as official court translator (Englisg / Spanish / English) for the First (Guadalajara / Zapopan) and Second (Chapala area) judicial districts. My girlfriend also was approved, she is an attorney and doesn't litigate but does corporate law in Guadalajara and helps me out when I need it and is super smart.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:54 am

Sampati lives in PV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:25 pm

viajero wrote:
sampati wrote:

Sorry.....Sampati does not answer questions for free.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:28 pm

ferret wrote:Sampati lives in PV.

Ahhhh!!....that explains it....no legal advice there. Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:35 pm

So sampati who lives in PV and does not own a car and never plans to own a car wants a Lakeside attorney to answer for free questions about owning cars in Mexico because someday maybe someone might ask sampati about it?
scratch
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Maybe he's an old Boy Scout: "Be Prepared."
David
David