INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are here!

5 posters

Go down

We are here! Empty We are here!

Post by adavis Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi everyone,
We are here with just a few bumps and bruises. My husband drove with no problems at all but the airlines really hurt me lifting me out of a first class seat. The problem with these bruises is for me they can become a real problem quickly. So I have to lay side to side several times a day. Anyway, can someone suggest a dr.? I have attached some pictures, I'm not sure what kind of dr to see.
Angie
Attachments
We are here! Attachment
ajijic bruises 012 c.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(12 Kb) Downloaded 62 times
adavis
adavis

Back to top Go down

We are here! Empty Re: We are here!

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Welcome to Mexico! So sorry your arrival transfer was so rough, ouch! Being my bil is also a quadriplegic, I admire you for being adventurous, putting your chair"legs" in the hands of people you don't know to fly. We can't get him to fly and he just uses a Quickie. :)

I think there are several local doctors that will be willing to help you and make house calls. Some post on this forum but I have not met them so can only give a personal reference for Dr. Leon in the link. Also, I went to Dr. Lastra in Ajijic but didn't see his name mentioned in the link but found him to be very sensible. Not sure how accessible his office would be for you but as I said, many doctors in Mexico still make house calls :)

I hope during your stay you'll make your way to visit some of the malls in Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque is a traditional Mexican area that you may enjoy visiting and I believe has a lot of surface to ride on but it's been years since I've been there. We are always aware of wheel chair access because of family. You will enjoy the plazas and malecon areas for sure. Chapala has a lot new places to ride along the water, shouldn't have any problems shopping at Walmart or the new shopping center across the street.

Hope your room accommodations are comfortable and the local forums provide some comedy relief while you're on the mends.

http://www.accesslakechapala.com/guide/health-care/local-clinics-and-doctors/

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:49 pm

For us, Dr. Lastra.
His wife, Betty, will kill me for not knowing her professional standing. But, she is excellent in therapeutic massage and how to properly use a TENS machine for muscle stimulation . My hubby's legs get into really bad shape after operations and she has been a godsend. She came to our home for the 1 hour treatments. She doesn't speak much English but is gentle and kind. I know that she knows English but is uncomfortable speaking it. Dr. Lastra speaks perfect English and he definitely makes housecalls. Office 766-1740. Cell phone 045-333-676-3515

BTW, she uses arnica cream for massage and that will get rid of the bruises much more quickly
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:36 pm

I would recommend Dr. Santiago Hernandez whose office is in Chapala at Hidalgo #293. Telephone number: office (376) 765-7777 or his cell number is 33 1605 9645. Email address is chapalamed@gmail (dot) com. His office is wheelchair accessible as I recall. He has worked in the U.S. for many years and is fully bilingual.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:09 am

santiago is ace!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by adavis Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:27 am

Great, thank you!
adavis
adavis

Back to top Go down

Post by adavis Mon May 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Dr. Lastra and his wife are wonderful. Thank you.
adavis
adavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum