INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filing a Crime Report with the Ministeria Publico.

+3
ComputerGuy
CanuckBob
Talosian
7 posters

Go down

Filing a Crime Report with the Ministeria Publico. Empty Filing a Crime Report with the Ministeria Publico.

Post by Talosian Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Few questions for those who have done it.

1. How long does it take to make the report?

2. What does a translator cost to go there?

3. Is everything done in one session (as far as making out the report)?

If "No" to the above, how many return trips are needed, and on the return trips, can I get by with basic Spanish and notes?

4. When/How can I get a copy of the report?

5. Can the M.P. refuse to take a report if it is not a simple breaking and entering (burglary), robbery, etc. What if it's a fraud case with details and evidence?

Direct responses will be very much appreciated.

If you want to fight or be nasty, please invite me to the Octagon.

Thanks.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Filing a Crime Report with the Ministeria Publico. Empty Re: Filing a Crime Report with the Ministeria Publico.

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:21 pm

The MP may take the report but can chose to do nothing about it. I would suggest you hire legal help to assist in presenting the case if it is complicated.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Filing a Crime Report with the Ministeria Publico. Empty Re: Filing a Crime Report with the Ministeria Publico.

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Your visit length will depend on who is available and what time they take off for breakfast and lunch, as will your number of trips. There are three officers that I know of that are available. When I reported my stolen license plate, a staffer did the paperwork, and one of the officers signed it afterward.

I came prepared with three copies each of all my ID, etc. There is also a copy shop around the corner from the offices.

I've never seen anyone be refused. Definitely a translator is a good idea. Mine was a friend who is fluent and has citizenship, but this particular claim was pretty straightforward, so they did not insist on a licensed translator.

Some years back, reporting a stolen car caused quite a ruckus, and the translator we hired through a local lawyer proved less than hopeless. There was no translating done... we were forced to stand there and watch the conversation between the officers and the translator. Waste of money, that one, so look for someone who knows better.

Depending on the problem, you will get a report when it's over. Might be right then, might be later.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 pm

What is the going cost for translator who is not court certified?

Thanks.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:30 pm

Thank you for providing the information, CBob and HelperGuy. It was nice of you to take the time to answer.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:32 pm

For sure. I might add that, since they moved their offices, there is a lot more space and far less upheaval, without the grindingly long lineups.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:07 am

Yes, it's all working so well that when a friend went to report a burglary in January it took him 4 visits and about 6 weeks to complete the process.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Humbleclectic Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:50 am

Once you file the denuncia, it is passed over to investigators in another office. You must then go buy a copy of the report in the presidentia's office on the main street in Chapala. With the report you can follow up with the investigators.

Most people think that the police will not follow up, they do not...it is up to the investigators (with your constant visits) to follow and act on your case.

it took about 2 hours to file the denuncia with an interpreter at the cost of about 200 pesos. The report is filed on the computer while very detailed questions are asked.

You must bring copies (4) of your passport/FM and driver's license with you.

We filed on a home break in, and step by step went through the process. Most people feel it is too involved to do, but must be done. All employees were good to deal with. The lady who too the denuncia is very busy, but an hour wait, got us in. Along the way, be very cordial, this will get you more help, bring coffe, doughnuts, treats, as they will remember your kindness when you return to ask questions of follow up. PM if you need more info. (worth the experience if something more serious happens, then you know)
Humbleclectic
Humbleclectic

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 am

1 it all depends
2 do not know I speak Spanish
3 usually but it all depends
4 you do not get a copy , you get a case number
5 I never had them refuse to take a report but you may have to come back many times

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down