INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANYONE RECEIVE DIRECT TV @ LAKESIDE DISH SIZE REQUIRED?

2 posters

Go down

ANYONE RECEIVE DIRECT TV @ LAKESIDE  DISH SIZE REQUIRED? Empty ANYONE RECEIVE DIRECT TV @ LAKESIDE DISH SIZE REQUIRED?

Post by Jim W Wed May 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Looking to install Direct TV.....have you done it? What size dish? Cost?

TIA Jim w
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

ANYONE RECEIVE DIRECT TV @ LAKESIDE  DISH SIZE REQUIRED? Empty Re: ANYONE RECEIVE DIRECT TV @ LAKESIDE DISH SIZE REQUIRED?

Post by MexicoPete Wed May 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Yes Jim. Back in January 2001, right before Star Choice went active in Mexico, I purchased the largest Ku band dish I could, the 2.4 meter dish (8 ft). Well once it went active, I learned that the dish was way to large.

Later, I tried using it to get the DISH HD channels at 129 degrees West. It wasn't quite large enough.

Finally I found a use for it. I got a triple LNB combo and pointed the center LNB and the Dish at 101 Degrees West at the DirecTV4s/8 birds and the two attacked Ka band LNBs pointing at the DirecTV satellites located at 99.2 and 102.8 degrees West. I get most of the channels from the Ka birds which are mostly in HD, but don't do that well receiving SD from the center Ku band satellite.

The signals are pretty weak, but during good weather, that's not a problem.

The signal strength from Shaw Direct are much better. I don't know about the DirecTV costs, because I already had the dish and rent the receiver for $5.95 per month plus tax. I already have the package in Seattle, that no one would be watching when I am down here. (So, no I'm not stacking)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

ANYONE RECEIVE DIRECT TV @ LAKESIDE  DISH SIZE REQUIRED? Empty Re: ANYONE RECEIVE DIRECT TV @ LAKESIDE DISH SIZE REQUIRED?

Post by Jim W Wed May 01, 2013 8:15 pm

LMAO Pete, Stacking is not an issue except for some mods. I would like to bring my receivers down from AZ. Is it possible to get direct tv here, what size dish, and probable cost, If you don't know, can you direct me to contact TIA Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 pm

As I posted above, it is possible here, but I do not know the costs. What I do know is that the major satellite dealers here and in Guadalajara would know the costs for the hardware. Try the www.cp-electronics.com webpage or check with Mike or Mario in Ajijic at Satellite Systems at 766-1117
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down