INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to hire help.

+7
ComputerGuy
casi nada
CanuckBob
Grizzy
Traveller
Hensley
adavis
11 posters

Go down

Looking to hire help. Empty Looking to hire help.

Post by adavis Mon May 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi all,
The first week has been educational. Yesterday we tried to find Costco in Guadalajara. We were lost all day. I had gotten directions off the Internet, but soon discovered it was virtually impossible for me to follow the roads! Tried to get directions from several people but my lack of Spanish made things worse. However, we finally made it. Unfortunately, I don't think I could find it again. Can anyone suggest any tricks? Our friend suggested hiring a taxi to show us the way. Any other suggestions?

Also, I'm trying to hire a personal care attendant and a cook. I need help bathing, dressing, etc., A few times a week. I would need the cook more often. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to hire, where to advertise, or where to find reliable personnel? The personal care attendant needs to be someone strong.

Estamos estudiando español!
Have a great afternoon,
buenas tardes

Angie
adavis
adavis

Back to top Go down

Looking to hire help. Empty Re: Looking to hire help.

Post by Hensley Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Contact Alonzo, he is a care taker and has friends and family that are in the business. On his wedding day my neighbor called him to change her husbands dressing and he came before the wedding, that is how dedicated that he is.

Alonzo Garcia: cel 0453314956167
Ana Palacios: cel 0453315491978

Our house telephone number: 7665399
alonzomd@yahoo.com.mx

He speaks perfect English
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Mon May 06, 2013 10:00 pm

There's a long-time resident here who maintains a database of local employees as a free community service. Contact him and he will provide you with a list of likely prospects. He has many experienced caregivers in his database. We've used Rony's service and were very pleased.
Rony's email is elbelgicano@yahoo.com
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Tue May 07, 2013 7:03 am

Get a GPS. I can't imagine driving in Guad when new to the area without one.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 07, 2013 7:29 am

Yep, get a good Garmin GPS device. It will help you driving all over Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Wed May 08, 2013 10:34 am

CanuckBob wrote:Yep, get a good Garmin GPS device. It will help you driving all over Mexico.

Just priced the Garmins at Best Buy in Guadalajara. They are really expensive here, so if you can, have someone bring you one from NOB with lifetime updates of North America.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Tiny screens on most of them. This one is for me, with a 7" screen you can actually see while driving...http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Bluetooth-Trucking-Lifetime-Traffic/dp/B0090C7A2A
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hernan Santiago Wed May 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Gina Mendoza cell 045-333-452-1715. Red Cross Certificate in first aid. Fluently bi-lingual. She cleans houses within an inch of their lives and is a good person looking for work as a caregiver. Not sure about her lifting and cooking skills, but worth a phone call to find out. Best wishes.

Hernan Santiago

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed May 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Gina is very good, we hired her as a caregiver for my Mother. College education, English is Perfecto. Since she and my Mother are Catholic, she attended Mass with her as well. She was our Housekeeper for 3 years before moving to Mexico City, and when she returned we reconnected.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu May 09, 2013 8:48 am

Ten years ago we hired a driver, Rene, to give us a driving orientation to Guadalajara and we found this to be very helpful. Then he would use either his car or ours. Rene's number is (was?) 376-762-0127. cell:333-143-2352. I think any good driver could provide this service.

To get to Costco, follow the signs to Puerto Vallarto. The trick is knowing when to get off the main street and onto the lateral. If you pass the Galerias Mall you have gone too far. Turn around. Get onto the lateral. Don't turn at the traffice lights. Turn in at the Costco sign that will take you into the Costco parking lot.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by A/C Gypsies Thu May 09, 2013 11:32 am

Angie,
My husband and I are in our forties and moved here about a year ago from Michigan. We are currently house sitting in La Floresta and could be of service to you. Our backgrounds are in real estate and property management, but we also really enjoy gardening and cooking. We are also dog lovers and I see that you have a picture of a dog on your post. We could be of service to you with your dog, some cooking, some landscaping, running errands, and general property maintenance. We are honest and hard working and have excellent references. Please let us know if we could be of service to you. We do have reliable transportation.

A/C Gypsies

Humor : Willing to laugh, if you're funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down